Thinking of Buying a Motorhome & living in it instead of a traditional home?

Another approach would be live in your companies parking lot during the week...
I think it would be less painful to just shoot yourself. :p
Reminds me of being on sea duty, inport, and living onbase.

"Oh, no problem, let's call Nords, he's only a two-minute walk from here and can come right over. In fact I think I saw him onboard eating dinner a few minutes ago, and I'm sure he'd be able to relieve you for a few hours!"

Or, in office-speak, "Why, sure, I know it's a bit late but I can have one of our people whip those numbers up for you in a few minutes. They're not in the office right at the moment but I don't think they've left the parking lot yet..."

Check out pplmotorhomes.com a used RV site in Houston. It has all types of RV's with several pictures of the inside and outside of the units. That will give you some idea on prices.

Brewer - My former next door neighbor was an RV dweller. He lived full-time in his RV -spent the winters in the south and summers on his lot in Illinois. He had electric, well, septic field, and a big garage. His lot was 5 acres of woods with a security gate. We live in a recreational area so the RV living arrangement was ok. But now I believe that ordinances are starting to curtail RV living in a standard residential subdivision. Check with local ordinances to see if RV living is allowed on vacant lots.

I think it would be less painful to just shoot yourself. :p

Your probably right, what was I thinking.

When I worked at MegCorp there were so many big parking lots that I think I could have camped for weeks moving around ever so often and no one would have known I was there to bother me. Figured if some one was willing to move between Walmarts, MegCorp parking lot shuffle would work to.

Wasn't there an old tv program called Trapper John MD where one of the doctors lived in an old RV in the parking lot. Had drinks sitting on the roof.

Jeb

I recall reading about people living in RVs in parking lots during a transit strike in NYC years ago. For a few weeks it might not be too bad.

Wasn't there an old tv program called Trapper John MD where one of the doctors lived in an old RV in the parking lot. Had drinks sitting on the roof.
Yep, I'd forgotten all about it - not surprising since I was working 60+ hour weeks at megacorp at the time. A 1979 MASH spinoff (from the movie, not the TV show) that lasted for 7 seasons on CBS.

Back
Top Bottom