This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
As predicted we'll get a free lunch from the next door neighbor next week. He's 80ish and as long as I have the snow thrower running I do his driveway too. He always insists on buying lunch later. I think it's more to have an excuse to go out than anything else.

This is getting tiresome.

• Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8. Wind chill values as low as -25. North wind 8 to 13 mph.
  • Tuesday A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 5. Wind chill values as low as -25. North wind 7 to 13 mph.
  • Tuesday Night Cloudy, with a low around -8. Wind chill values as low as -25. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
  • Wednesday Cloudy and cold, with a high near 2. Wind chill values as low as -25. Northwest wind 10 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
  • Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -8. West wind 11 to 13 mph.
  • Thursday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 8.
  • Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -9.
  • Friday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 8.
  • Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -7.
  • Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 11.
  • Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -7.
  • Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 12.
  • Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7.
  • Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 17.

Attachments

• whipwho.JPG
    whipwho.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 8
We finally got about 4 inches of snow here....helps, but we need more. Mountains got more in most places......but another few feet wouldn't hurt things any.

Dreamer, Corvette caught my attention. What year corvette do you have? Ours are snug in the garage for the winter.

Sorry, that I took so long to answer. It is a 1972, the same year that we were married. What year are yours?

We had 9 inches of snow overnight and this morning. I am really over winter. I had to work today and DH drove me. We have had 4 wheel drive vehicles most of our lives, but have not had one since 09/12. We really could have used one today. The doctor that I work for did not show up to work and neither did our office manager. This part-time $10.00 per hour person will be calling off due to the weather in the future, when it is as bad out as it was today. I was foolish for going in. Was at work from 8:00 until the doctor called us at 11 something and told us to go back home. It was as bad going home as it was getting there!

What an attention-grabbing forecast for New Orleans!

(emphasis mine)
National Weather Service Watch Warning Advisory Summary

Pretty exciting! It has been years since we had anything like this. Sounds like tomorrow might be a good day to just stay home. We aren't used to this kind of wintry mix, and even though F knows how to drive in it, the other drivers can't and create an extremely hazardous situation. We have zero snow/ice removal equipment here.

Meanwhile, right now, it is 63F outside.... :2funny: Simply amazing!
Yeah, we were blasting around there as fast as we could on the 26th and 27th. Left Breaux Bridge early on the 27th, made it around Houston, almost to Corpus Christi before stopping in a campground for the night. Still the edge of the system caught up with us on the 28th morning and had to wait it out. But at least we were well out of the worst of it.

This is getting tiresome.

• Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8. Wind chill values as low as -25. North wind 8 to 13 mph.
  • Tuesday A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 5. Wind chill values as low as -25. North wind 7 to 13 mph.
  • Tuesday Night Cloudy, with a low around -8. Wind chill values as low as -25. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
  • Wednesday Cloudy and cold, with a high near 2. Wind chill values as low as -25. Northwest wind 10 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
  • Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -8. West wind 11 to 13 mph.
  • Thursday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 8.
  • Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -9.
  • Friday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 8.
  • Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -7.
  • Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 11.
  • Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -7.
  • Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 12.
  • Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7.
  • Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 17.
Wow! I feel SOOO much better!!!

I've now officially started the "Screw This Winter" club. We're supposed to get a pile of heavy wet snow overnight, I called the guys to come and plow me out when it's over. I have a dentist appt to keep me happy (not) today, then will make a stew and let the guys do their thing. And I know it's been easier here than elsewhere.

But it's good not to have to get to work :)

As bad as winters can be here it's a hell of a lot better now that I don't have to go to work in that weather.

Snow, freezing rain, and sleet expected tonight through tomorrow a.m. I still work but if it is icy I will call into the office in the a.m. and take a vacation day. It seems that we also have a shortage of salt to treat the roads here in this pocket of western PA.

Snow, freezing rain, and sleet expected tonight through tomorrow a.m. I still work but if it is icy I will call into the office in the a.m. and take a vacation day. It seems that we also have a shortage of salt to treat the roads here in this pocket of western PA.

We're getting the same. Supposed to go to the doc's tomorrow to get some immunization shots but while I dislike doing that we can cancel. But it'll have to be pretty bad before I refuse to drive the truck.

Sorry, that I took so long to answer. It is a 1972, the same year that we were married. What year are yours?

We had 9 inches of snow overnight and this morning. I am really over winter. I had to work today and DH drove me. We have had 4 wheel drive vehicles most of our lives, but have not had one since 09/12. We really could have used one today. The doctor that I work for did not show up to work and neither did our office manager. This part-time $10.00 per hour person will be calling off due to the weather in the future, when it is as bad out as it was today. I was foolish for going in. Was at work from 8:00 until the doctor called us at 11 something and told us to go back home. It was as bad going home as it was getting there!

1960 fuelie roadster, 1963 coupe, 1971 453/365 convertible, 1995 Indy Pace car, 2004 Commemorative Edition convertible, 2008 convertible. Fighting over who gets to pick the options for the 2015.

We're into 4 wheel drive too. I've got a 2010 F150 Platinum and my husband has a 2014 F250 Platinum. Know what you mean about getting to work and no shows. I've sat in our parking lot quite a few times waiting for the powers that be to come and unlock the office. Did miss work today but that was due to a tree coming down across the bottom of our drive due to heavy wet snow. Got everything cleaned up and snow plowed. Now we're waiting on a new storm tonight. Suppose to get ice and snow. I drive in anything except ice.

We got it yesterday and overnight. Maybe today too. It wasn't fun getting to the dentist even though they have moved close to me. My usual hygienist had to leave to make it home, I know where she lives and I don't blame her. Boy, what a winter!

A close view of one of our trees here in VA. Roads are not too bad, but almost no cars on side street.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    970.8 KB · Views: 9
Even though we've had snow I avoided blowing off the driveway till now. Had an inch of frozen sleet as a base. Yesterday and last night 8" of snow on top drifting all over. Time to crank up the Toro, first pull it started, probably took an hour. The highlight was my butt head neighbor was showing off in his new 4 weeler atv. I guess I accidentally turned my discharge shoot the wrong way, he got a neckful.
MRG

Our backyard buddy looks cold and hungry - guess he can't find any mice or squirrels.

Attachments

• IMG_3537.jpg
    IMG_3537.jpg
    781.4 KB · Views: 10
MRG, I don't understand the people that buy ATV's and have no place to ride them. They seem to think it's okay to ride where they want. They destroyed the footpaths and underbrush in our woods.
Beowulf, I occasionally supplement our wild critters feedings with berries, corn and seed in the winter. I don't do it on a regular basis cause I don't want them to depend on it. Your backyard buddy looks like one of ours though I've never been able to get a pic of them.
We did get freezing rain but I was able to go to work about an hour late. A lot of branches/trees down and some power outages. We got a whole house generator a couple of years ago so no worries here.

My phone says -
71F in St James City, FL
25F in Dayton, OH
Going back Friday...really don't want to.

My phone says:

-5 F (feels like -29 F) in Stanley, ND
40 F (feels like 40 F) in Spring, TX,

Going back tomorrow and can't wait!:dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom