This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
75°F and sunny outside right now.
An inch of snow forecast for tomorrow afternoon.

Ah, Spring!

Yes, I just sent the Scag wildcat in for spring service. I'm always expect a 4 week turn around. Guy told me 'oh about a week'. Think I'm early.
MRG

High of 68 today, rain turning to snow tomorrow, then overnight low of 8.

Snowing like crazy, near Chicago. The little bare patches of our backyard are again covered in white after only twenty minutes or so. The good news is that soon robins will return and we will easily see the first one against the snow.... Grrrrr.

It was a rainy day here, in the mid 70's with lots of rain so I wore my rain jacket, along with shorts, a summer blouse, and sandals. Looks like highs will dip into the 50's in a couple of days, though, so no more shorts and sandals.

Last edited:
Windstorm. I'll spend a good bit of time today sawing branches, mending fences, and starting work on a replacement shortwave antenna.

Ouch. Seems like antenna work is occupying a substantial portion of your retirement time...

Well, I actually find it fun. It combines basic physics, math, software for simulations and optimizations, along with some physical effort to occupy my hands. Knitting for nerds...

Plus, I get to debunk some of the 'expertise' of the Old Timers, stuff 'ya gotta do' or 'will never work' that is based on lore. This I find highly amusing.:D

As predicted, snowing hard right now. 24 hours ago it was 75°F here.
Please let this be winter's last shot!

Please let this be winter's last shot!

Amen. 70°F yesterday, tonight's forecast:

Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Wind chill values as low as -1. Windy, with a northwest wind 23 to 31 mph, with gusts as high as 49 mph.

Wind is already howling, lights flickering a bit, brought in loose stuff on the back porch.

Say Walt34, just looking at the foracast map, looks like you are in for 6-12 of white stuff. Hope your blower is filled up.
650x366_03161942_hd25.jpg

Say Walt34, just looking at the foracast map, looks like you are in for 6-12 of white stuff. Hope your blower is filled up.

We haven't had any significant snow in March for 20+ years. Naturally the snow thrower is in the shop.:(

This greeted us at 8:00 this morning:

Attachments

• Porch_rail-1.jpg
    Porch_rail-1.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Porch_rail-2.jpg
    Porch_rail-2.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 9
:mad: That would have been my reaction too. Sorry.

We got barely a dusting.

This is getting ridiculous, it was 66 yesterday and now the forcast for tonight and tomorrow.
10013268_612275902182848_1400085618_n.png

Yikes! As a retired guy, DW and I volunteered to help babysit grand kids in Fargo until Monday night. Looks like we so
I'll not make it back to Bismarck with that mess coming our way. It sucks, but it sucks less than mud slides, earth quakes, tornadoes and hurricanes! :). the best part is the after 3 months of FIRE, I am not in a hurrah to get back home like I would have been the past 35 years at Mega Corp. Dance!:)

Yikes! As a retired guy, DW and I volunteered to help babysit grand kids in Fargo until Monday night. Looks like we so
I'll not make it back to Bismarck with that mess coming our way. It sucks, but it sucks less than mud slides, earth quakes, tornadoes and hurricanes! :). the best part is the after 3 months of FIRE, I am not in a hurrah to get back home like I would have been the past 35 years at Mega Corp. Dance!:)
Bismarck/Mandan is predicted to get a foot of snow tonight and tomorrow.

This is getting ridiculous, it was 66 yesterday and now the forcast for tonight and tomorrow.

Before I retired and pondering where to move, I looked on the Census Bureau's web site to find the state with the lowest population per square mile. That state was North Dakota.

Then I looked on NOAA's web site to see what the climate was like there. I found there is a good reason for the low population per square mile.:hide:

I quickly abandoned any thought of moving there.

We had a big snowstorm in Connecticut yesterday morning. Four inches in some spots. My normal one hour commute was stretched to two hours, and I counted 3 multi-car collisions on the highway and another 11 cars in the ditch by themselves. What a mess. I'm hoping that T.S. Elliott was wrong and that April is not actually the cruelest month; I don't think I can take any more.

Before I retired and pondering where to move, I looked on the Census Bureau's web site to find the state with the lowest population per square mile. That state was North Dakota.

Then I looked on NOAA's web site to see what the climate was like there.

You might want to consider property in north central Wyoming. Low population and a beautiful place to live. I live north of Sheridan WY and sell real estate. Born and raised and love it here. The Big Horn Mountains is the best you can find with easy access. Another good retirement point is there is no state income tax in Wyoming!!

Billings, MT is only 1.5 hour drive.

It's a beautiful spring day in central Minnesota. The only reason I am not really grumpy is that they are forecasting 60s and 70s next week. :)ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1397663419.922721.jpg

Central Minnesota, April 16, 2014. Supposed to keep snowing until 2 AM. Easter bunny nowhere to be found.ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1397687884.032761.jpgImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1397687919.099489.jpg

I switched on A/C tonight, which is a good sign :) . Mother Nature switched it on last winter but boy, she must have been doing crack cocaine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom