This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to go through a whole ritual of venting the hot air with a window fan and then using three fans in the bedroom before I surrender to the A/C season. I like to have two utility cycles that are low/moderate spring and fall. One of those unnecessary frugal twitches/
It was 89 today and still at 74 . I would not do it in AZ or TX.

Motorcycle ride tomorrow. Whoo Hoo!

Thunderstorms, if any, won't be until the afternoon.

Attachments

• weather.JPG
    weather.JPG
    236.1 KB · Views: 9
storms through Texas last 2 days... about a block away a neighbor lost a massive oak tree..and his truck... winds to 65mph.. 4.3 inches of rain fell very fast

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 9
We haven't had any significant snow in March for 20+ years. Naturally the snow thrower is in the shop.:(

This greeted us at 8:00 this morning:

Hey Walt, I just saw your post and the photo of your deck railing. Aren't you going to re-stain it or what?

June 24th, over three weeks into hurricane season, and still there have been no named tropical storms or hurricanes in the Atlantic or Gulf of Mexico yet, amazingly.

:dance::dance::dance:

We have been having spotty, very intense thunderstorms this week with lots of rain in the affected locations falling at a couple of inches an hour for an hour or two. A mile away there might be nothing. It is already over 96F here today. Crazy weather but it sure beats hurricanes.

We are starting to get a tropical flow from the Gulf of California. Light showers and big puffy clouds, monsoon season is sure to start by 4th of July. I have a 6-pack of beer riding on this.

It's been beautiful here in the Midwest. The crops are loving it and so am I (get ready for better corn and soybean prices).

I don't like to see of the drought out west, I hope that eases.

Last night was 43 F in South Western PA. Today's high 70 F. It is August !!! and the leaves are tuning fall colors.

Stocked up on firewood, Oil tank full. Good for the winter, now just need to run the chimney brush a few times.

It's been beautiful here in the Midwest. The crops are loving it and so am I (get ready for better corn and soybean prices).

I don't like to see of the drought out west, I hope that eases.

Better corn and soybean prices are relative to your position as a buyer (consumer) or a seller (farmer).

Weather here has been perfect too. A polar express is okay in August, not so good in February.

Evidence of the drought is beef prices (don't eat it much but sometimes) and the size of the purple onions I like on a salad. They're about 1/2 to 1/3 the size of normal.

I guess summer is over, Monday afternoon it was 90 degrees; the high for yesterday and today is 50.

The weather was pretty lousy today and I was advised I would miss a connection. So.... Reload and try again tomorrow. This would have been very annoying were I still working.

We have been hit big time by Odile over 6 inches of rain in 24 hrs.

This is a video is my driveway, glad I have plenty of cold ones here.

Wow, that's amazing! I would be so freaked out by that. I'm glad you can stay home, safe and dry, until this storm passes and the water goes back down.

Get ready, here it comes. At least for northeners. And further south :)
Names of a few locales like Shemya, may be unfamiliar to most. Rest assured they do exist.

"Near hurricane-strength winds blasted parts of Alaska’s Aleutian Islands as the remnants of Typhoon Nuri moved through the remote region hundreds of miles from the mainland. Sustained winds of 70mph and gusts up to 96mph were recorded on Friday morning on Shemya Island, where 120 people had locked themselves indoors to wait out the storm.
The brunt of the storm is expected to pass into the Bering Sea and lose strength, but forecasters warned it will still push unseasonably frigid air into much of the US next week.
The system is expected to freeze much of the lower 48 states, forecaster Bruce Sullivan said. Snow also is coming to areas including the northern Rockies and northern Plains."

Edit add: I am one of the few who can boast having skinny dipped in the Bering sea.

Wild winds blast Alaska's Aleutian islands as US braces for big freeze | US news | The Guardian

Before I started working for the USAF I worked for a couple of mega corp contractors. One of them offered me a job at Shemya; once I found it on a map I informed them that there was not enough money in the world to get me to go there.

My DS & DIL sailed tankers in the North Pacific and would talk of the sea breaking over the bridge wings.. in storms not as extreme as this one. He has a picture of one of the ships he sailed with water washing over the bridge windows as a reminder that his current challenges could be worse.

Pray for our fishing fleet, merchant sailors and the Coast Guard members who try to rescue them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom