This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
High of 78 today with a low of 43 tonight. If you're in my neck o' the woods, hang on to anything that's loose 'cause it's very windy.

We have been hit big time by Odile over 6 inches of rain in 24 hrs.

This is a video is my driveway, glad I have plenty of cold ones here.

YouTube

I missed that big storm, RV'ing in Montreal on that day. The Canadian RV neighbors told us about it, as they watched TV and we didn't. Phoenix was drenched, and there was some severe flooding. Our home is on high ground, so I had no fear of that, but later learned some trees were down in the neighborhood.

About the coming cold air from the Arctic, AZ will be spared, but temperature in the Midwest will be down to freezing even for the high. Even Dallas will be cold. Some people will have their buns frozen.

I About the coming cold air from the Arctic, AZ will be spared, but temperature in the Midwest will be down to freezing even for the high. Even Dallas will be cold. Some people will have their buns frozen.

Can't be as bad as skinny dipping in the Bering Sea, though. ⛄

It's November in Texas, which is one of the only times (along with April) when we can say OUR WEATHER ROCKS! Looking at the forecast for the next 10 days (after the cold front comes tomorrow), we're looking at highs in the 60s and lows mostly in the 40s. For me, someone who doesn't necessarily like it frozen but prefers cool over wicked hot, this is beautiful.

We got about 3 inches of snow yesterday and a high of 19 here today. This poem is equally applicable to ND.

Attachments

• 10599675_10154794505210006_5234049653287848396_n.jpg
    10599675_10154794505210006_5234049653287848396_n.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 7
Our predicted high today is 80, and we're almost there already so I am still wearing shorts and a light, short sleeved blouse today.

But on Thursday the front should be here, and the prediction is for a high of 56! :eek: That's an almost 25 degree drop in just two days.

I do secretly love the non-catastrophic changes in weather that we get here from time to time, like this one. They make life interesting.

Polar Vortex, anyone?

We were in a Florida yesterday, flew back to Chicago just in time. :facepalm: It's 23 degrees and snowing right now.

Should have covered the pansies we planted a few weeks ago. Its about 29 degrees this morning in D/FW area and supposed to be even lower tonight.

Polar Vortex, anyone?

We were in a Florida yesterday, flew back to Chicago just in time. :facepalm: It's 23 degrees and snowing right now.

BRRRR!!

It's 41 here right now and raining, and the predicted high has dropped to 47. I turned the heat on last night, though, so it's nice and warm inside. I'll need to switch from shorts to warmer clothing when I go outside, but thank goodness there will probably be no icy roads to cope with. :yuk:

It's a balmy 60F right now. The blue sky is clear, but then it is so 360 days/yr. I am about to take a walk. In shorts and T-shirt. It will hit 80F midday.

It's minus 13 C (8.6 F) outside right now at 7 am, and it's not going to go above freezing point all day. Actually, for several days! But at least it's sunny.

I guess the ice wine harvest will be early this year!

Polar Vortex, anyone?

That Polar Vortex needs to move......

The blocking high over the west coast won't move east until it does...and we won't get any rain as a result.

going to do a rain dance in the hopes it moves :dance::dance::dance:

it would be a win-win for North America

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1415920855.807979.jpg Denver has been ridiculously cold this week. We had 70+ degrees on Sunday followed by record lows the past 4 days.

View attachment 20400 Denver has been ridiculously cold this week. We had 70+ degrees on Sunday followed by record lows the past 4 days.

We left Estes the morning of the 12th, looks like it got colder all day brrrrrr. It's a balmy 20 F in MO. It's getting colder here too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I arrived at Houston on Nov 7, great weather, not too hot or cold.

What a difference a few days can make...

Yesterday, Nov 13, I wore all the warm clothes I brought and I still wasn't happy. Last night's low was near freezing but today the wind has died down a bit which helps.

Thailand was 90ish the day I left; I have some adjusting to do...

Yet another day of weather in the teens. Barely broke 20F today.

At least I am not in Buffalo.

Holy cow! That's cold.

We had a reprieve from last week's unseasonably cold weather. It was an uttely gorgeous 71 and sunny today, with low humidity and a light breeze. Just completely perfect, in other words. I got out in it and enjoyed it, because tomorrow we are supposed to have rain and I suppose more cold weather is on its way.

Yes, Buffalo looks miserable this week.

I was in East Texas for the last few days, just north of Beaumont. Weather was nice Wednesday and Thursday with cool mornings and 70+ and DRY for those two days. Today was 60's and wet when I headed back to The Woodlands, on the north side of Houston.

When I went for my 1.5 miles walk to the public library at 9:00 this morning the temperature was 27F with a pretty stiff wind that made it feel like 20F.

Pretty refreshing walk if you're properly dressed for it.

We have a tornado warning for a line of storms that should arrive shortly. We probably won't have a tornado, but there was a lot of damage and apparently some injuries from a tornado just a few minutes ago in Amite, Louisiana (about an hour drive from here), as well as several other nearby towns. So far, we just have a lot of very strong/gusty winds moving into New Orleans.

How tragic to have this happen just before Christmas! :( Those poor people.

Edited to add: latest reports on our local news channels say there was also tornado damage in Mississippi from this storm.

Last edited:
We have a tornado warning for a line of storms that should arrive shortly. We probably won't have a tornado, but there was a lot of damage and apparently some injuries from a tornado just a few minutes ago in Amite, Louisiana (about an hour drive from here), as well as several other nearby towns. So far, we just have a lot of very strong/gusty winds moving into New Orleans.

How tragic to have this happen just before Christmas! :( Those poor people.

Edited to add: latest reports on our local news channels say there was also tornado damage in Mississippi from this storm.

Looking at the current radar, it looks like we (Houston) got lucky but those storms look bad over in NO area. Hopefully, they will pass soon.

Reactions: W2R
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom