This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brrrr

Attachments

• forecast.JPG
    forecast.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 26
This horrific pile up happened in SW MI a couple of days ago. I can't imagine the terror of coming on stopped traffic and black ice at the same time.

Not yet, but there is a doozy on the way for the Northeast. I live way outside the areas supposed to get hit the worst, but I never assume anything when a storm of this proportion is building up.
Mr B's relatives live in Nashua NH and northeastern MA. He has already spoken to his Mom about making sure she has her medications refilled and plenty of food water etc. His cousins live nearby so she will be fine.

NYC mayor: Coming storm like 'we've never seen before' - CNN.com

I've been watching it pretty closely too. We're on the southern edge of it so won't get hammered but expect a couple/three inches of snow. But of course that can change.

Forecast for our area. Nice to be able to sit back and not have to worry about getting dug out to go to work. When it stops I'll get the snowblower fired up, spend the day cleaning up then take a nice hot shower and relax!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422224054634.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422224054634.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 18
Nice to be able to sit back and not have to worry about getting dug out to go to work.

I know. DW and I were openly gloating when we went out earlier and saw all the cars parked at the ends of their driveways, windshield wipers up in the air.

Ours are snug inside the garage and we don't have to go anywhere anyway. We'll sleep late and have a leisurely breakfast. If we get up early enough to call it that.:D

We are scheduled for between 1 and 6" of snow. DW had escaped a few days ago to South Carolina with her sister. And I don't care.

My only planned activity is figure skating tomorrow. Rink opens at 10. By that time the roads will be plowed, the wrecks hauled away and the bodies dusted off.

I know. DW and I were openly gloating when we went out earlier and saw all the cars parked at the ends of their driveways, windshield wipers up in the air.

Ours are snug inside the garage and we don't have to go anywhere anyway. We'll sleep late and have a leisurely breakfast. If we get up early enough to call it that.:D

OK, I can see why they are at the ends of their driveways (so they can get out in the morning), but why the windshield wipers up in the air? :confused:

This blizzard sounds scary!! I hope all of our forum members up in the northeast get through it OK.

DW ER at the end of 2014 and I have 25 days left... mostly working from home. It is snowing outside... but the weather is just dandy in the family room with the catalytic wood stove fired up. Nice and toasty. ;-)

OK, I can see why they are at the ends of their driveways (so they can get out in the morning), but why the windshield wipers up in the air? :confused:

This blizzard sounds scary!! I hope all of our forum members up in the northeast get through it OK.
Windshield wipers up in the air makes it easier to clean off the windshield, especially with heavy wet snow. It also prevents the wipers from getting frozen to the windshield in case of icing.
If you have an automatic car starter, it also prevents the wiper motors from getting burned out if you forget to turn off the wiper control and the windshield is covered with snow or ice.

It's easier to clear your windshield when the wipers are up and out of the way and helps to keep them from getting covered in ice and frozen to the windshield.

Thank you, Freebird and SteveNU! I love this forum - - I learn so much every day. Knowing this could come in handy some day if I end up in snow country.

Gumby, I hope you survive this storm OK. We just returned from CT the day of the big ice storm up there (actually small by North Texas ice storm standards)

+1

All the best to you folks located in the path of the storm. Can't resist posting our forecast - you can get your revenge in August. :)
It looks like the scorpions and rattlesnakes will be active. :cool:

No Arizona bragging this week, rain, cloudy 51-71 for a high range. 3 miles from New Mexico, and 30 miles from Old Mexico.

Even the BBC has noticed

BBC News - Snow emergency declared in US

So far in SW PA a smidge over an inch.

Edit add: The roads have been just wet, thanks to the undercarriage melting slurry dumped by thousands of gallons on the roads.

The State is helping automakers sell cars. Many cars are shiny on the top, and nothing but rust underneath. All in the interest of public safety.

Last edited:
I haven't taunted anybody with Honolulu weather this year.:LOL: So...
Currently 75, high is 79, low is 66, scatter clouds, light trade winds. Everything is green with no drought conditions.

Water temp about 77-79, surf 3-12 depending on where you are on the island.

We have some vacancy in the hotels this year in case anybody would like to stop by.
I'll happily meet any ER forum members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom