This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a large snow storm coming saturday night into sunday for my area. The weather people don't seem to know what we're going to get though. Early computer models where calling for anywhere from 1" to over a foot. Hopefully by later tonight at the 10 o'clock news they'll have a better idea. Either way, just when the snow finally was all gone, we're going to get more. :sick:

Yeah, ain't it special? Thank goodness I'm leaving for SC in a week, there BETTER be good weather down there.......:)

Yeah, ain't it special? Thank goodness I'm leaving for SC in a week, there BETTER be good weather down there.......:)

I just got back from a few days down there (at Myrtle Beach) "working". Nice weather indeed!

We've had lots of wet snow this week. The City ploughed streets and back lanes, leaving me to break and shovel boulders of snow for 20 minutes before I could drive from the back lane into my garage last night. Unfortunately, my neighbour on the opposite side of the lane did not shovel so thoroughly. Result: this morning, I need to go to work. Back out, get stuck in a wet rut with car's backside up on a heap of snow. Icepick: no joy. Sand: no joy. No helpers around at 0730h. I am left spinning my wheels, literally. Call CAA: nice man with towtruck arrives within 15 minutes to rescue me. I love CAA!

Wind.

I'm REALLY getting sick of high winds.

We've had a ridiculous amount of very gusty wind over the last few months. We've had sustained winds of 20+ MPH during the day almost as often as not. My trash can blows over every second or third day, it seems. That used to be pretty uncommon until recently.

Maybe I'd be less sick of it if I had wind power installed in the back yard so I'd have no electric bill. But until then, enough is enough.

Same in Houston. I'm SICK TO DEATH of the FRACKIN' WIND. :mad:

Out here, they say if you don't like the weather, wait a few hours. It's currently 88º here -- and tomorrow night and Monday night, there are freeze warnings in place as yet another dry cold front brings in heavy winds and no rain starting tomorrow. Back in January we were getting nights dropping in the mid 20s and hitting the 80s during the day.

After my recent 3 weeks of sweating in Florida 'i'll take this cold rainy Northeast weather..:whistle:

A gorgeous warm day, no wind, shorts and flip flops in SW PA.

How many is several? Four would make a month.:) I said away, didn't say 'in the future' (although I meant it).:(
Well, since you addressed me by name...
Waahoo,...
...I thought I owed you the courtesy of a reply.:D

And to answer your question - two months. We had temps in the 90's in late Feb.

Well, since you addressed me by name... ...I thought I owed you the courtesy of a reply.:D

Sorry! Silly me! Just (finally) showing exuberance since, it seems, the light at the end of the tunnel has not been turned off due to market conditions.

Mid 60s(f), rain, thunder, tornado warnings.

Finally warming up. Close to 40F today (4C). Waahoo, spring is only a month away.

The snow storm missed us but I just got out of work at 5am and the windchill was 21. Looking at the 10-day forcast, spring being a month away looks about right.:(

We got Ziggy's heavy winds last night, blowing so hard that I couldn't get to sleep for a couple of hours. Those were quite some winds! I like wind normally but these winds were very strong and relentless.

This morning, they are mostly gone but the temperature has dropped down to the 50's (feels like 40's).

Forecast high for today: 91º.
Current temperature: 97º.

Summer has arrived. The chiggers and scorpions can't be far behind.

Where are the fire ants, Ziggy?

It was so hot the last few days, nm, Aaron's snowpak must have just arrived, had to haul out the sweaters. When we bring out the heavy wool coats, we call that summer.

59 degrees F today, partly sunny.
The rumor is we will have temps in the 80s this weekend. Bring it on! :cool:
Cruising in the Mustang with the top down is long overdue.

Not again...

It is bleedin' 22 April and it is snowing again here in Cowtown, Alberta.

Dang. Can't figure out how to show you a photo of the front yard.

100_0110.jpg
100_0110.jpg

this weather is afful

Spring is finally here. It is going to be in the mid 80's this weekend in Pa. It was a long winter.

82F, breezy, blue skies, hear all sorts of birds.

Big fluffy snowflakes melting as they hit the ground at a balmy 34 F.

Send us some chiggers and take the *&%^% snow and cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom