This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny no one is talking about snowstorm Stella. We're getting buried in PA and it's coming down faster in the last hour. It looks like at least 8 inches so far. My daffodils bloomed a month early too. Poor baby flowers!

We are in the middle of a blizzard. I'm about to go out and take a first crack at shoveling.

Not going out yet to shovel. The blowing snow (not the falling snow) just fills it in again so it's a waste of time. But I am shoveling in front of my door so I can get out! My doctor's office canceled my physical which was scheduled for today. Which is fine with me.

Our area was supposed to get 12"-18" from Stella, but it looks like the rain/snow line moved in our favor. So far only about 3" outside of the house and mainly a mix is coming down. By the time it ends I'll be surprised if we get more than 5".

DW lives west of DC, and they were calling for 12 - 20 inches at one point. Gov. McAuliffe declared a state of emergency. Looking at the pictures in her text messages today, my DGD will be lucky if she can even use her sled. I doubt they get more than 3 inches, and she's in pretty much the heaviest snow band in the state. State of emergency, my @ss. When I was a kid, we'd have been in school today. Creating the Weather Channel is one of the worst side effects of the Information Age. Everything is an apocalypse.

Now I do understand that it's worse up north, but it's always worse up north. That's why they call it The Great White North!

Funny no one is talking about snowstorm Stella. We're getting buried in PA and it's coming down faster in the last hour. It looks like at least 8 inches so far. My daffodils bloomed a month early too. Poor baby flowers!

I've seen a bunch of posts from friends and family North of you and they're saying 17" now. Good luck.

Heck... we are a bit stupid.... leaving Texas to go to NYC!!!

First flight was cancelled.... waiting to see if second is going to go or not...

We just received our second inch of snow for 2017, but it's all clear again.
Has been very traumatic.

Robins have been around for about three weeks, and the grass is green. So much for winter in North Central Illinois.

We are in the middle of a blizzard. I'm about to go out and take a first crack at shoveling.

Take it easy. Multiple people died from shoveling snow here in Wisconsin.

Thanks. I'm still here. The 8:00 am snow was easy, if deep. When I went back out in the afternoon, the rain/snow boundary had shifted north and the snow was wet and heavy. I can certainly feel my shoulders and back this evening. I think some ibuprofen is in my future.

We just received our second inch of snow for 2017, but it's all clear again.
Has been very traumatic.

Robins have been around for about three weeks, and the grass is green. So much for winter in North Central Illinois.

We are North of you in IL, got about 5 inches total over 2 days, but the driveway melted clear all on it's own due to the warm ground.

The snow on the grass and deck is taking longer to melt.

I have not shoveled since Dec 5, 2017 :dance::dance::dance:

It might get stormy in my area this afternoon. Hail is possible. Through the years I've heard the size of hail as....pea, marble, pocket change, golf ball, tea cup, baseball, grapefruit...and canned hams. :rolleyes:

It might get stormy in my area this afternoon. Hail is possible. Through the years I've heard the size of hail as....pea, marble, pocket change, golf ball, tea cup, baseball, grapefruit...and canned hams. :rolleyes:

Canned hams forecast for our northern neighbors today:facepalm:

i haven't heard of canned ham sized hail - but it sounds like something to be concerned about.

The guys with the fancy pickups and tents who come to town after hailstorms for "PAINTLESS DENT REMOVAL" aren't going to be able to do anything for those dents. :facepalm:

Around 8 inches of snow here today. With the quick warm-up that is coming it will probably be almost melted off by late Monday.

It's been windy as heck the last 3 days. Got a neighborhood cookout to go to in a little while and not looking forward to it. But it's a meet and greet type of deal for our small subdivision so better go since they have gone to the trouble of putting it together. I better wear a cap to keep my glued on toupee from flying off.

It's windy here too, overcast, and 87F at the moment. Sure looks like rain is on the way, but that is supposed to happen tomorrow instead of today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom