This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was watching the Houston Dynamo game on TV tonight...

After 8PM they said the temp was 94 and the heat index was 100!!!

So, I was watching the Houston Dynamo game on TV tonight...

After 8PM they said the temp was 94 and the heat index was 100!!!

That's about the time my two friends and I finished our every Wednesday evening 2.5 mile walk. We were soaked and bushed.

Hey all, move to the midwest. It's been in the 70's all week and looks like it will last awhile. The corn and bean crops are flurishing, rain once a week or so. The soft summer breeze makes long walks in the woods and through the prairies, amazing. I can't believe it's late July, feels like September.

Hey all, move to the midwest. It's been in the 70's all week and looks like it will last awhile. The corn and bean crops are flurishing, rain once a week or so. The soft summer breeze makes long walks in the woods and through the prairies, amazing. I can't believe it's late July, feels like September.

Oh it’s been beautiful here too. I’ve been able to sit on my deck every day for 2 weeks.
IMG_0044.jpg

Midwest, no thanks, I felt like I was dying in a summer heat wave in Iowa/Nebraska. 97 degrees and ~99% humidity for several days? No thanks!

Midwest, no thanks, I felt like I was dying in a summer heat wave in Iowa/Nebraska. 97 degrees and ~99% humidity for several days? No thanks!

Yeah, the midwest gets the worst of both worlds. Cold and miserable in winter and hot/humid in the summer. Still, this past week has been amazing. Lots of sun with cool temps and relatively low humidity. Just got back from the park with the grand kids. My only worry now is if I got sunburned. YMMV

Must be nice. We did get a break from the humidity for 3-4 days. Got down below 50% which made a huge difference. Still warm tho....

Must be nice. We did get a break from the humidity for 3-4 days. Got down below 50% which made a huge difference. Still warm tho....

Wow, that's great! Right now in my New Orleans suburb it is 94F (at 12:20 PM), with 66% humidity. I like the weather here and I am used to it by now, so for me this is hot but not too bad.

Looks like we are in for a rainy week, but because of the rain, our highs are predicted to drop below 90F!!! Wow. Check out the graphic below from wunderground.

Guess we'll see; predictions here are generally extremely optimistic, which I cynically believe is due to the tourist economy and not wanting to scare tourists away.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 23
Yeah, the midwest gets the worst of both worlds. Cold and miserable in winter and hot/humid in the summer. Still, this past week has been amazing. Lots of sun with cool temps and relatively low humidity. Just got back from the park with the grand kids. My only worry now is if I got sunburned. YMMV
Oh come now. You know it turns-22°F a few days and people complain. A month if highs over 100°F and people complain.

You have to go further NORTH in the Midwest, Audrey. Nebraska is not really the Midwest, at least not to me. 77 degrees here again today in northern Michigan, and not much humidity either. And yes, we pay for this in the winter, I know.........

Iowa here, we've had a run of very nice weather and it looks like another beautiful day here, partly cloudy with a high of 79.

40's to low 50's mornings and evenings and highs in 70's and low 80's. It was been a beautiful year for weather with timely rain.

That Missouri River sure changes course a lot.[emoji16] When I was growing up, I was always told Nebraska was in the Midwest. Apparently we are now located in the Great Plains and Iowa is located in the Midwest.[emoji23]

Gosh so many changes. I can’t keep up, but trying to peddle as fast as I can.[emoji23]

Champaign, IL heart of the midwest

TUE
AUG 7
Scattered Thunderstorms
78°65°
60%
W 9 mph 90%
WED
AUG 8
AM Showers
81°62°
30%
NNW 6 mph 83%
THU
AUG 9
Sunny
84°64°
10%
WNW 4 mph 72%
FRI
AUG 10
Isolated Thunderstorms
85°64°
30%
W 6 mph 74%
SAT
AUG 11
Sunny
84°63°
20%
N 7 mph 74%
SUN
AUG 12
Mostly Sunny
84°64°
10%
ENE 6 mph 75%
MON
AUG 13
PM Thunderstorms
83°65°
50%
SSE 6 mph 78%
TUE
AUG 14
Scattered Thunderstorms
82°67°
60%
SSW 9 mph 82%
WED
AUG 15
Scattered Thunderstorms
84°67°
40%
WSW 10 mph 78%
THU
AUG 16
Scattered Thunderstorms
85°68°
40%
SW 10 mph 77%
FRI
AUG 17
Scattered Thunderstorms
84°65°
50%
WSW 11 mph 77%
SAT
AUG 18
AM Thunderstorms
82°63°
40%
WNW 9 mph 75%
SUN
AUG 19
Partly Cloudy
82°61°
20%
WNW 7 mph 73%
Today's Top Stories

Summering in the NorCal coast. Highs in the sixties and loss in the fifties.

Hot and forest fires everywhere around me though. Was supposed to leave yesterday but I'll hang out here to see if a better road out opens later this week.

I will tell you that it was hot a few days ago...

I was driving and it started to rain... and steam was coming off the road... not a little, but a good amount...

Is it as bad as in Imperial, California a week ago? It was 119F while it rained. That's a new world record.

Soon, you can be singing "I am poaching in the rain, I am steaming in the rain..."

Last edited:
Is it as bad as in Imperial, California a week ago? It was 119F while it rained. That's a new world record.

Soon, you can be singing "I am poaching in the rain, I am steaming in the rain..."

Nope... not that bad... and hope it never gets there...

It is raining so hard here right now that I can't even see the other side of my yard! And it has been thundering loudly all morning, shaking the house.

All this rain just makes me want to go back to bed and sleep. :LOL:

We had heavy rain this a.m. that put the local area under a flash-flood warning. My home weather station recorded 5.9 inches.

The weather is not awful at my high-country boondocks home. Nothing to complain about, with high temperature in the low 80s and low in the 60s, and the humidity is low.

And each afternoon brings a summer shower, which dumps perhaps 1/4" or more of rain in 15 minutes, then it's over. Good water for the native vegetation, and not rain dragging on all day.

Today, it rains early at noon.

90+ again, but no rain. Good for me.

Hot. DW and a neighbor were complaining about how hot it was when we were walking. It's 80°F with 23° humidity. Sunny, with a thunderstorm in the area. Probably going to miss us but hopefully we get some rain from it on this side of the continental divide.

We had heavy rain this a.m. that put the local area under a flash-flood warning. My home weather station recorded 5.9 inches.

Wow! We only got 3.1 inches in my neighborhood, and our flash flood warnings were brief. The rain has sort of stopped for now, but it still looks like it could rain again any time.

Wow! We only got 3.1 inches in my neighborhood, and our flash flood warnings were brief. The rain has sort of stopped for now, but it still looks like it could rain again any time.

A city of 25000 near us got an official 8.6 inches today. So we got off light.

This is in southern Wisconsin, BTW. I talked to some friends who live 20 miles away -- they got zero rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom