This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
:LOL: It's 74F by now! I love it and our ever-present humidity is great for my dry skin.

I think your storm in The Woodlands (just north of Houston IIRC) is heading over towards us. Current radar below. I am about at the dot just to the left of "New Orleans" on the map, just a couple of blocks south of Lake Ponchartrain. To look at the radar, you'd think it wasn't raining here but it is. Winds are tossing the tree tops about, lightly, and it is gloomy out there.

Houston recorded 3.5" last 24 hours and we had the 4.5" in The Woodlands. It was pretty wild about 3:00 AM this morning with thunder and lightning.

Visiting DD in Austin and we had heavy rain and periods of thunder and lightning overnight. Was gone by the time I took niece and her BF to the airport at 4 am.

Both farmer's almanacs have long-established records of over 200 years in publication.

Haven't looked at it in years, but I remember a period of several years when I actually kept track of the predictions in the Old Farmer's Almanac (the original). As I recall, it was significantly better than a coin flip over a multi-year period, so there is at least something to their method.

73..laughing.

I got up at 6 am and blew snow for 2 hours. 8-9 inches. While I snowblowed, it snowed another 2 inches or so. I put the snowblower away and then shoveled the new 2" on the driveway and sidewalks. 2 hours later I shoveled another 1-2".

Now the blizzard warning is in effect starting at noon. 30-35 mph winds whipping 10+ inches of new fluffy snow into a mess.

It's the most wonderful time of the year.....or not

Floods are no fun. Wind is no fun. But, I would take those and 73 over a blizzard. Why do we live here again? No idea. :)

What's the temp there today? I just checked conditions in Jamestown, where I have family connections, and the temp was -4 and headed downward.

But that's what keeps the riffraff out ... :whistle:

Sunshine state during wintertime

Central FL during winter is a time where I can live pretty without AC or heat. I have a portable heater in some of the house in case we need it at night. The rest of the year the AC is on at comfortable setting year round. I grew up in NJ in the 1970’s and 80’s and do not miss the winters at all where the pipes would freeze, black ice and snow storms that would close the town. If the power goes out in my section of FL during hurricane season our neighborhood puts on a hurricane party.

Yesterday was awesome, an inversion held a thick layer of clouds down at lower altitude. Its was cool seeing the top of the fog driving down to town.

It was about 3°F and when the fog burned off, there was a half inch layer of frost covering everything. Trees, bushes, grass all coated and glistening. Absolutely beautiful!

This morning it's 12° and snowing, it hasn't forgotten how! The forecast says snow till tomorrow night with 8"-14" with local accumulations of up to 20"! I hope they're right.

Just regular old rain here and mid 40's to low 50's. No snow so far this winter and not complaining one bit.

What's the temp there today? I just checked conditions in Jamestown, where I have family connections, and the temp was -4 and headed downward.

But that's what keeps the riffraff out ... :whistle:

Another blizzard today until 6pm. Temps about -5 and falling to -20.

We picked up 2 inches of snow and then the wind came up to 30+.

2 blizzards in essentially a week. Happy joy, joy.

It's the most wonderful time of the year (somewhere). :confused:

It's cold everywhere! Scottsdale Az in 40's, cloudy and windy. No new years eve golf for this boy!

Another North Scottsdalian here - it’s cold. Has been for the last two weeks. Of course, anything below 60 is cold. And the heat is on - far more than usual. And it’s going to rain today. What a disgusting development :cool:.

-9 actual right now. Heading to -21 now.

Accuweather RealFeel -46.

Send some "cold" north Scottsdale weather up nort here den der!

We won't see 40s until March. <crying>

Cold and rainy for the next couple of days. Our plan for New Year's Eve is to stay inside and sip hot tea with maybe a teaspoon of honey in it. No snow forecast in the near future. So far my anti-snow plan is working - buy a snowblower and that guarantees no snow.:)

-9 actual right now. Heading to -21 now.
Accuweather RealFeel -46.
Send some "cold" north Scottsdale weather up nort here den der!
We won't see 40s until March. <crying>

Should see 60s by next week. Still kind of cool.

Saw the movie "Fargo." Brrrrrrrrrr and lots of snow.

Of course, 120 in the summer is no fun either.

It's cold everywhere! Scottsdale Az in 40's, cloudy and windy. No new years eve golf for this boy!
I dunno, we got up to 78F today here in New Orleans! I love it. Got to wear shorts, sandals and a light t-shirt.

That said, the day started out with very thick, dense, pea soup fog that persisted for hours, and when that burned off, it remained overcast and drizzled for the rest of the day. I'd have preferred warm temperatures AND sunshine, but you can't win 'em all.

Woke up to this, still snowing. The second photo is our driveway. 20190101_072354.jpeg20190101_071722.jpeg

ETA: I ran the snowblower on the driveway and its great. Unfortunately the roads have not been plowed and even with a Jeep Wrangler I don't think I can get out.

Last edited:
It rained most of the day yesterday, then the rain turned to snow around sunset. We got maybe 2 inches overnight. Wet stuff, it's sticking to all the trees. Looks kind of pretty.

Temperatures are supposed to drop to seasonal levels for a couple days, then return to around 40. Not bad for southern Wisconsin. For some reason the rough weather has been missing us.

So wet here from the rains of the last few months , for Wednesday 2" to 3" more rain . My driveway looks like a gravel pit. priced getting slag put down 4K

cold and clear today, 31 degrees now

It is already winter, and I have yet to shovel global warming. I like it.:)

I've been trying to lay a little concrete since July and cannot get the ground dry enough to dig for some small footings.

Tired of this mud! My project may have to wait until Spring.

SE Arizona 30 miles north of Mexico, we have had 18 inches of snow and temps in the teens in the last week. I still have hummingbirds at my feeders (Rivoli's) for the birders on the forum.

Sunny, blue skies, low humidity, a light breeze, and you could see for miles.... Sounds pretty good?

NO!! Well maybe for some people, but not for me, anyway.

Our high today was only 59F and it sure felt cold to me.

Brrrr.
6978-albums71-picture1763.gif

I would rather have had nasty thunderstorms, dark skies, 99% humidity, and dense fog if the temperatures were just 10-20 degrees warmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom