This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunny, blue skies, low humidity, a light breeze, and you could see for miles.... Sounds pretty good?

NO!! Well maybe for some people, but not for me, anyway.

Our high today was only 59F and it sure felt cold to me.

Brrrr.
6978-albums71-picture1763.gif

I would rather have had nasty thunderstorms, dark skies, 99% humidity, and dense fog if the temperatures were just 10-20 degrees warmer.

Bolded - exactly the thoughts of my DGF, except add another 10 degrees.:LOL:

Bolded - exactly the thoughts of my DGF, except add another 10 degrees.:LOL:
I agree! Another 10 degrees would be even better... :D

It's nice and warm in the house and in the car. I just thought it was a PITA to have to wear all those heavy clothes outside. People look at you funny (here) if you wear shorts and sandals outside in 50F weather, even if you are not planning to stay outside for more than a few minutes

Was 50F and sunny here today. Opened up the garage doors wide and finally got things straightened around enough to be able to put the vehicles in when winter actually arrives. Forecast suggest not expected in the next 10 days.

It's terrible around here, I tell ya. I have this nice almost new snowblower and not a snowflake in sight to try it out on. DW keeps telling me to STFU about wanting a blizzard, she says it's okay for one to happen in late February followed by two weeks of 60° weather but not until then.

Apparently I've stumbled across an anti-snow plan that works!:)

Attachments

• snowblower (1 of 1)-2.jpg
    snowblower (1 of 1)-2.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 17
  • snowblower (3 of 5).jpg
    snowblower (3 of 5).jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 15
It's terrible around here, I tell ya. I have this nice almost new snowblower and not a snowflake in sight to try it out on. DW keeps telling me to STFU about wanting a blizzard, she says it's okay for one to happen in late February followed by two weeks of 60° weather but not until then.

Apparently I've stumbled across an anti-snow plan that works!:)
Nice, come on over.

Snowing now 3--6-10 inches.

Last edited:
Interesting to watch today's storm with Google Maps. This morning Chicago was totally red followed by Detroit now bumping into the outskirts of NYC. Looks like large parts of I-80 and I-90 are shutdown. We were watching as had a morning flight out of Toronto but air traffic out wasn't affect much fortunately.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 8.10.37 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 8.10.37 PM.jpg
    520.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Yes when you start to get down to temps where salt won't melt snow and ice it gets annoying.

It's only 46F here in New Orleans at the moment, with cold winds gusting to 30+ mph. Brrrr..
6978-albums71-picture1763.gif

But after reading the posts above, I'll stop feeling sorry for myself even though we have a predicted 36F low tonight, and predicted high of only 49F tomorrow. :LOL:

Hope everyone in areas affected by this storm can keep warm and safe tonight.

It was a bright sunny day after 3 days of rain. High was 75. and my feet are not webbed any more.

Still haven't had 1 day yet this winter where the high wasn't at least 60 degrees. We shall see.

In Florida with a predicted hurricane bearing down, many residents buy so much food and drink for the next world war. After the hurricane when the curfew is no longer the same people line up for hours at restaurants to go to eat because they have been cooped up in their homes.

We got 4 inches out of "snowmaggedon." Our first snowfall of more than an inch since November. Parts of southeast Wisconsin got quite a bit more due to the lake effect.

Yesterday was beautiful with a high of 53, sunny and no wind. We walked for hours to enjoy it. Raining today but the mountains are getting a huge snow storm. Love living in the valley. We will be in NO in February and looking forward to being warm.

Hermit. We went thru your neighborhood on Tuesday..Vail Pass perfect driving conditions ..now in SGU where it's been sunny and 50 degrees warmer then our farm..

Finished clearing about 4 inches of snow form the driveway and walkways around the house, in sunny 14F weather here in Cincinnati area today. Sure is nice to be able to hop on my clean dry tractor in the heated garage before taking it out to do the driveway. Overnight lows around -9F predicted. Coldest temps this winter so far. Then teens again Mon before it returns to normal temps Tues-Thurs next week.

7 degrees Wind chill well below 0 and I'm going to snowblow 20 or so inches out of the driveway.��

I feel like we got left out of the party. We're right on the edge of it and last evening we got maybe 1/4" of snow/slush that didn't justify moving a snow blower, DW (not being willing to wait for me) just pushed it off the driveway and sidewalk with a snow shovel.

I was hoping to get enough snow to be rear-end deep to a giraffe. Well, a baby giraffe anyway. Maybe next time.

We're back in the Blue Ridge mountains camping this weekend. It's been raining about as hard as it can--until the sun and wind came out today.

15 degrees tonight with 15-25 mph winds. Thankfully we have 2 electric heaters and a furnace in our camper--and two big screen televisions.

Hermit. We went thru your neighborhood on Tuesday..Vail Pass perfect driving conditions ..now in SGU where it's been sunny and 50 degrees warmer then our farm..
Lots of powder in the high country last week. I have a ski pass, but had some skin cancer removed and a small skin graft in Dec and I need to let that heal before exposure to severe weather and sun. I'm hoping the good ski conditions hold through Feb and Mar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom