This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This weather is awful!!

It was a little past midnight here in southeastern Pennsylvania when winter arrived and the cold front came in. There was a thunderstorm warning in effect. When I went to bed about 9:30 (yeah life of the party) and it was already breezy. This was however very different the wind was howling and it sounded like the house was in a washing machine. The Mrs had fallen asleep on her comfortable chair - that’s rare but it occurs. She came up to bed I’m sure she was startled by the storms intensity. It was the worse conditions that I can remember.

Just north of us a few houses were damaged by what is believed to be a tornado. Good thing that didnt hit at 5:30PM when the trick or treaters where out in mass

Low in the 30’s tonight welcome old man winter...

Last edited:
Took my dog outside for his morning walk about 7 am. The temp was 70 with a breeze. I made it a quick one, a little chilly for me shorts and t shirt.

Ill. here. Yesterday, a blizzard. 3-4 inches of snow, high winds, 32 degrees felt like 18. Later in the evening, it settled down and we did get 2 trick or treat visits. 27 degrees right now.

Snow on the grass. About ten kids last night. More than last year. Sunny and 41 F today.

heh heh heh - leftover candy here as well. ;) I will suspend my diet for ?? :D

Today's high was 80F. Shorts, sandals, sunshine. Fairly normal for New Orleans.

But due to a cold front moving in, tomorrow's high is predicted to drop to 46F, with rain and wind gusts over 45 mph. Brrrr!! Then temperatures are supposed to drop even further, down to about freezing tomorrow night. F re-did the insulation on my outside faucets and so on for me.

I heard that some parts of the country are even expecting snow from this front. Hope you can stay warm tomorrow.

6978-albums71-picture1763.gif

80° today but expected to drop to low 70s by next weekend. Wish I could wear fall clothes. Maybe in December (off to Australia next week b4 it gets cool)

Single digits tomorrow morning. Way too early for that. Yuck! Then a couple inches of snow Wednesday.

Today's high was 80F. Shorts, sandals, sunshine. Fairly normal for New Orleans.

But due to a cold front moving in, tomorrow's high is predicted to drop to 46F, with rain and wind gusts over 45 mph. Brrrr!! Then temperatures are supposed to drop even further, down to about freezing tomorrow night. F re-did the insulation on my outside faucets and so on for me.

I heard that some parts of the country are even expecting snow from this front. Hope you can stay warm tomorrow.

It's 40F right now on our end of the Gulf and getting windier and colder. :(

When I went to the hospital today for my surgery pre-admit meeting, it was 80F.

Hope you all stay warm and safe. It's going to be sunny and 55° for the next 10 days. Hopefully the snow starts soon as we desperately need moisture.

This weather is awful!!

I love the smell of winter

We got lots of snow today [emoji3587]

It’s awesome! [emoji2956]

Cold front coming in. Dropping to 68 on Wed.

Nothing like driving on a sheet of bumpy ice, in heavy traffic, while still dark outside, with a fogged up windshield....I don't have this problem in July !

Last edited:
Well, we decided to spend Thanksgiving with family in the Chicago area this year. After all, how cold can it get in early November?

It’s 12 degrees outside right now and it’s already snowed twice. :facepalm:

Meanwhile in Texas

Attachments

• 75550355_10219034584794343_283983688583086080_n.jpg
    75550355_10219034584794343_283983688583086080_n.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 17
This time of year is terrible for the wild swings. I was out Sunday in shorts and a t-shirt raking leaves in 73 degree weather. When I got up this AM, it was 16 degrees. Blah!!!

Just heard my second flock of birds today flying south for the winter (well maybe just to the wildlife refuge 100 miles south of here).

Weather is nice but starting to occasionally get into the 20's at night.

Last edited:

When out today we did in fact see snowflakes falling. DW wanted me to drive her to her dentist appointment - in the 4WD pickup yet! - because "scattered snow showers" were forecast. At worst, this might result in 1/8 inch of snow.:facepalm: So I sat there in the dentist's office, comfy in my electrically heated jacket made by Milwaukee Electric, while she had her teeth cleaned.:) This is a woman who in her 20's routinely drove 80+ miles round trip to/from work in any weather without a second thought.:( She says back then she was invincible.

Low temperature forecast for tonight is 21°F. Around here that's December weather, not November. Not to worry, we have natural gas heat so we don't hesitate to dial up the thermostat at the first hint of any chills.

It's 47 outside and breezy, which is very cold for this region but also sunny. We heard that 4-6 foot waves were predicted on Lake Ponchartrain (about a mile from our homes), which sounded like huge waves for that body of water so we bundled up and went over there to check it out.

Here's what we saw! Waves were about a foot tall, if that, but this guy was sure having fun! We watched him for a half hour or so. He was really good! He jumped as high as 15-20 feet in the air at times, turning multiple somersaults with the help of the wind in his sail. My photos of his jumps were awful but I included two of them also, enlarged and severely cropped.

Attachments

• cropt.jpg
    cropt.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 10
  • jump1.jpg
    jump1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 145
  • jump2.jpg
    jump2.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 144
Status
Not open for further replies.