This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my...y'all in the Northwest are gonna melt....:(

Yep. Sister south of Seattle near Kent and Aunt up the I-5 from Portland near Kalama. People don't generally have/use A/C up there.

I remember as a kid the grown-ups thought the world was coming to an end past 80 F.

heh heh heh - now my BIL the mining engineer thinks weather extremes are good for ya - builds character and all that. :cool:

It's 92 in my apartment, and I have pretty good airflow here. I hate to think what it might be without that.

Seattle high today was 97, which tied the all time record. Tomorrow they predict over 100. It was over 100 on the east side of Lake Washington today.

Ha

Wow, that's amazing. I thought it was suppose to be cool up there. I guess that's El Ninja for ya. :LOL: Sorry....I know it's not funny when your roasting.

It's 92 in my apartment, and I have pretty good airflow here. I hate to think what it might be without that.

Seattle high today was 97, which tied the all time record. Tomorrow they predict over 100. It was over 100 on the east side of Lake Washington today.

Good grief! I guess it may be too late to go get a small free-standing AC that exhausts hot air via a window vent; they may be all sold out already.

Phoenix supposedly hit 114 today, but when I needed to make an errand, in my corner of town, it was only 108, or so my car temperature display said.

CuppaJoe isn't complaining :) I checked and saw that it's in the low 70s at SF, and expected to stay the same. I am definitely headed out of town tomorrow. I don't know how I survived the record heat of 122 in 1990. Oh, I forgot that I was nearly 20 yr younger.

This from the NOAA site for seattle and W. WA:

...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PDT FRIDAY...
...AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PDT FRIDAY...

THE EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PDT
FRIDAY. THE AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM
PDT FRIDAY AS WELL.

HOT AND HUMID CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO CONTINUE WEDNESDAY AND
THURSDAY. HIGH TEMPERATURES FROM THE UPPER 80S TO 105 WILL BE
ACCOMPANIED BY RATHER HUMID CONDITIONS AND ONLY LIGHT BREEZES.
TEMPERATURES AT NIGHT WILL REMAIN QUITE WARM...FALLING ONLY INTO
THE 60S FOR A COUPLE HOURS LATE AT NIGHT IN MOST PLACES.

RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURES WILL BE WIDESPREAD...AND SEATAC AIRPORT
WILL LIKELY TIE OR BREAK ITS ALL TIME RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF
100 DEGREES. WHILE WEDNESDAY IS EXPECTED TO BE THE HOTTEST DAY
OVERALL...THURSDAY WILL BE ONLY A DEGREE OR TWO COOLER IN MOST
LOCATIONS
DD

CuppaJoe isn't complaining :) I checked and saw that it's in the low 70s at SF, and expected to stay the same. I am definitely headed out of town tomorrow. I don't know how I survived the record heat of 122 in 1990. Oh, I forgot that I was nearly 20 yr younger.
'70s before 5pm, then the fog comes in, burr. The poor tourists are scrambling for sweatshirts. Had to bring out extra blankets last night. You know the old Mark Twain saying, "the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in S.F."

'70s before 5pm, then the fog comes in, burr. The poor tourists are scrambling for sweatshirts. Had to bring out extra blankets last night. You know the old Mark Twain saying, "the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in S.F."

Like quite a few of those in my generation I lived in S.F. forty some years ago, and I felt like I never got warm even in the summertime! The fog is just bone-chilling, but so beautiful and still at the same time (as I recall after all these years). If I were to go there now, the chilly summers would be easier to bear since I am older, heavier, and could afford a jacket. :2funny:

Last edited:
Dawg, tell Martha you will do the yard work, that may get you a room;)

She likes to work in the yard, so I don't want to deprive her. But I will walk her dogs for her.:)

Rain here today, again. I wanted to play golf. I think I have played one time in the last couple of weeks.:(

One hundred degrees in Seattle? Yikes!

You folks should take a summer vacation down here to Texas. Our weather may not be any cooler than yours but at least almost everyone has air conditioning. :)

My bleary mind is contemplating this a.m. and I realized even though we've had more rain than usual, I have not seen one mosquito.

I have to drag my butt to the court now. :p

Yes, but they cool off at night so they can open some windows. Here, the outdoor temperature never gets below about 75 so the A/C goes constantly.

It's already 82º here and it's before 8 AM...

What's wrong with 75?? :D Just kidding. I turn my thermostat down to 73-75 at night too, depending on my mood.

I admit that that New Orleans weather is improving, so I have nothing much to complain about. We are starting to get our daily summer rains back at last. Yesterday's high was only 90, low 73, because we got 0.6" of rain, officially - - more in many parts of town. Lots of thunder and lightning. Love the way the rain cools things down.

Last edited:
My sympathies to all in scorcher weather.

I still recall the shock of arriving in Baltimore in th late 1980's on the 4 th of July. The temps were in 104 degree range for a few days.

Prior to that I spent better part of 14 years from early spring to mid Sept. in the Aleutians,( plus many Dec to Feb. months),where a summer 75 deg. F day brought out the bathing suits, and most work stopped for a hot day.

Typically windy, drizzly and in the low sixties.

So if I ever move to Texas, I'll have an underground house.

Yes, but they cool off at night so they can open some windows. Here, the outdoor temperature never gets below about 75 so the A/C goes constantly.

It's already 82º here and it's before 8 AM...

Not this time. Low of 69 early this morning, heading up. Supposed to hit 103 today. I was wrong about it being dry- AccuWeather says 65% humidity. I have never before experienced this here.

Ha

Not this time. Low of 69 early this morning, heading up. Supposed to hit 103 today. I was wrong about it being dry- AccuWeather says 65% humidity. I have never before experienced this here.
Yuck. In Seattle? That's just weird.

Meanwhile, yet another promising storm system to our west immediately began to peter out as soon as it reached the western Hill Country, and it looks like we'll be lucky to get 0.01" of drizzle, with the good stuff all up to our north...

Like quite a few of those in my generation I lived in S.F. forty some years ago, and I felt like I never got warm even in the summertime! The fog is just bone-chilling, but so beautiful and still at the same time (as I recall after all these years). If I were to go there now, the chilly summers would be easier to bear since I am older, heavier, and could afford a jacket. :2funny:

It must have felt especially cold coming in from Hawaii. A friend from the Texas Hill Country complained bitterly about the cold. He's living in the desert now.:)

We're hiding inside as much as possible - 106 107 in Independence? Not something we're used to here in the Willamette valley. My gal got back from the high desert - 29 Palms Ca. - just in time for the heat wave. a touch cooler here, but higher humidity.

It must have felt especially cold coming in from Hawaii. A friend from the Texas Hill Country complained bitterly about the cold. He's living in the desert now.:)

Yes, that was a big reason why I felt so cold. As a young girl at that time, coming from Hawaii, I was used to wearing very light clothing. I just didn't have the clothing required to keep warm.

AccuWeather.com Quick Look

5-Day Forecast Days 6-10 Days 11-15 All 15 Days
Currently At 12:49PM
[ More ]

01.gif
97°F
RealFeel®
104°F
Winds: NW
at 5mph

I wish I had a Kiddie Pool out in the lobby.

Well, we are saving on gas. My wife went to turn on the BBQ grille and it was already 150 degrees. Black grill in the direct sunlight.

I have a different "problem".
It has been raining every next day or 2 out of 3 for the past month. Sunny days this summer can be counted on one hand. Only 2 days above 80. I will trade you just a few of my rainy days for your sunny days:). Still, I wouldn't trade places.

Free to canoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom