This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The heat has broken in Arizona. Looks like the highs are only in the 100s and they are predicting a few days where it wont even break 100 (because of the rains). As I heard a DJ say, fall is on the way.

Also saw my first snowbird a few days ago so the migration has started.

Remember when I posted this and mentioned that they steadily forecast the high by 5-6 degrees too low? This one:

BS-Forecast.jpg

Note the forecast from the 14th to 23rd. Note that NONE of them show a forecast high of 100.

Here's what we got. This has been typical all summer with no end in sight, still -- already 104º today:

ActualTemps.jpg

To their credit, they're pretty good at forecasting the LOW.

Seems like all the Texans need to learn the proper rain dance, and incantations. Or hire some natives who know how.

Seems like all the Texans need to learn the proper rain dance, and incantations. Or hire some natives who know how.

i am a native (part choctaw) AND a native Texas... hell, I can dance all I want... it still ain't going to rain!:nonono:

I think there's a little Cherokee blood running through my veins....I'd dance naked in the middle of the street with popped balloons if I thought it would help....

Yep - but then there isn't much yard work to be done when it doesn't rain for months. I've had to mow only two times this year.

That doesn't sound all bad. I just mowed my yard today, but it was a beautiful day so I didn't mind. The low this morning was a record low for this day. Fifty five degrees with low humidity. The high was 83 which is unbelievable for this time of year. Seems like October here. :cool:

One thing I will say about a miserably long, hot, dry, brutal summer: it's really given me a renewed appreciation for those summertime afternoon pop-up thunderstorms we used to get that drop you from 103º to 78º in 15 minutes. One just passed through here and did just that -- and it feels like paradise outside now. It'll probably be back in the low 90s within an hour or two, but....

One thing I will say about a miserably long, hot, dry, brutal summer: it's really given me a renewed appreciation for those afternoon pop-up thunderstorms that drop you from 103º to 78º in 15 minutes. One just passed through here and did just that -- and it feels like paradise outside now...
:mad:

I take it the thunderstorm didn't quite make it to REWahoo's location.... :D After a couple of weeks back in June of high temperatures like that and no rains, for the rest of the summer we have been having daily afternoon rains (our usual weather pattern) which really break the heat. On top of that, we have a cold front. Well, a not-quite-so-hot front.

I take it the thunderstorm didn't quite make it to REWahoo's location....
Probably not -- at least not yet. It looks like that high pressure that's been sitting on top of us for the longest time is moving toward Colorado for a while. In the last 3-4 days we've seen more cloud cover, light rain and cold fronts trying to come through, mostly between about 3 and 6 PM.

The longer term forecast seems to be calling for more 30-50% chances of rain in the region -- this time of year, that's usually the afternoon pop-up thunderstorms when high pressure isn't pushing it to New Mexico or east Texas. With the high pressure moving, cold fronts may actually increasingly make it through. Hopefully this is the start of El Nino's influence.

Hope that happens -- as bad as it is here, he and the folks down there need it even more (which is REALLY sad). We've actually been a little hotter, but they have been drier.

Summer's Over!

10-day forcast shows the highest high temp being 72 degrees. The low will get down to low 40's several nights. Way too early for low 40's :mad:

Summer's Over!

10-day forcast shows the highest high temp being 72 degrees. The low will get down to low 40's several nights. Way too early for low 40's :mad:

Your ten day high will still be 5 degrees lower than our 10 day low...:mad:

Summer's Over!

You had summer and didn't share? :(

Cool nights is fine by me. We actually had a small heat wave, for a few days. It was last week, I think. It's all a blur. ;)
It was nice here today, mid 70s. THE SUN WAS OUT ALL DAY !!!!! :whistle:

Frost advisory tomorrow morning *&%! :mad:

Frost advisory tomorrow morning *&%! :mad:
I won't be too far behind you on this one. Nothing yet...but we are still getting rain almost every darn day (apologies to the dehydrated TX folks :().
Yesterday I heard the T word again (T as in tornado warning) on my NWS radio, and there is some rotation associated with the storms cells, if you see a tornado take shelter immediately in an interior room.
Huh? I know "I'm not in Kansas anymore" as the saying goes.
My poor garden has just about given it up. Today I picked a dozen medium size ripe tomatoes, a small handful of pole beans, and 2 teeny tiny little pickle cucumbers.

I won't be too far behind you on this one. Nothing yet...but we are still getting rain almost every darn day (apologies to the dehydrated TX folks :().

How close are you to the lake? The closer you are the less likely you'll get frost. It has the opposite effect than it has in winter and early spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom