This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 4 miles. It is a very small lake.
Lake Ontario is about 90 miles away.

I meant Lake Ontario. I don't think a small lake will make much difference. 90 miles away from a large lake i'd cover your plants. Watch the weather closely. Not too far north of me it's expected to drop below freezing.

Tonight

nshra70.jpg

Showers
Likely
Lo 49 °F
Monday

sct.jpg

Mostly
Sunny
Hi 70 °F
Monday
Night
nfew.jpg

Mostly
Clear
Lo 42 °F

Oddly enough, we'll be OK for nighttime lows.
But TY :flowers: for the heads up.

Friday afternoon heard tornado sirens. Funnel cloud less than 5 miles, didn't touch down.

Seems like the intermitable dog days of summer are over.:dance:
For once I am not complaining about the weather.
weather.gif

Rain, finally some rain...

Hallelujah!!! :dance::dance::dance:

It's raining here, too, but then we have been having rain almost every day since June. Part of June was really dry and hot, and reminded me of Texas. I do appreciate our normally plentiful rainfall.

Glad you got some rain. We had some sprinkles but it was enough to keep the temps below 100. Fall is on the way.

I was on vacation in the Outer Banks (NC) this past weekend. We got 5 1/2" in less than 12 hoursMonday night. DW was coming down with a cold so we cut it short and drove through the 4" of water in the road and came on home, so I don't know if it happened, but they were calling for up to 4 more inches that next night. Wish I could have shipped it to TX.

US Drought Monitor

Bring it on. It is absolutely POURING out there right now.
My rain gauge say three inches so far today - and it's still raining!

At last! I hope you don't have flash floods, now. And I do hope that it sinks into the soil, rather than just rolling off the hardened ground or disappearing down in the cracks.

I am so glad your drought is ending. Although ours ended a while back, it is raining here today too, with thunder and so on. Let's hear it for RAIN! :)

Glad to see you guys are getting some.
Silly question: At what point will the rain stop running off the hard packed soil and start absorbing and do some good?

It hasn't rained here in 4 days at least, a new summer 09 record. :D

Reactions: W2R
We got 6 inches of rain at the house yesterday...and it is still raining. From extreme drought to flood warnings within the span of 24 hours. Is TX a great place to live or what? :cool:

We got 6 inches of rain at the house yesterday...and it is still raining. From extreme drought to flood warnings within the span of 24 hours. Is TX a great place to live or what? :cool:

Too bad that fire ants swim so well. I learned that my first week in Texas, when I went swimming in a lake and was bit hundreds of times within an hour. Welcome to Texas! :D

Actually, despite the fireants (property taxes, brown recluse spiders, arsenic in the water, hot rainless summers, etc etc) I enjoyed my years in Texas.

Stay safe.

I'm glad the Hill Country is getting rain somewhere, but we only got 0.2".:mad:
They say you should be careful what you ask for -- because you might get it.

Close to another 2" today and it's not stopped for hours. It doesn't look like it will stop for a while.

And now my roof is leaking. Fortunately it's leaking over the patio on the front porch and not inside the house, but still....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom