This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bet it feels good after being cooked alive for three months, though.
Suffice it to say that I haven't heard any complaining. The only thing is that it was a bit of a hassle to go into the garage yesterday to pull out some fall and winter clothing we don't normally pull out until November. :)

Today I actually put on a long-sleeved flannel shirt.
shakeshout.gifskipping.gifyay.gif

Yep Zig and IP, the long sleeved flannel shirt days are starting. Now for the next 6 months that's all I'll see DH wear...:blink:

Still running the AC during the day and swimming in the back yard. Open doors and windows at night finally! Autumn will be here soon and the birds will be back from up north. I will be going for my walks there very soon!
Riparian Institute Home Page

It was 56º here when I woke up this morning. And the heater -- yes, the *heater* -- kicked in for a few minutes. In Texas. In September.

I refuse to turn the heat on until October. That'll be difficult since tuesday night/wednesday morning will get down to ~36 degrees :(

What is this thing you call "snow"?

Ahhh...fall in TX, when the leaf falls from a tree....

Snow is the white frozen stuff I put up with to avoid excessive summer heat that would imprision me indoors. I don't function well if it is over 75. :LOL:

not me I would call it hell... but what do I know?

Looks like they should have named it Whitefield...
And if that Redfield picture wasn't bad enough...:LOL:
Note the rows for daily or multiple day accumulations. Look at what happened to Hooker NY in the month of January 1978.
This is prime snowmobiling country, folks.
New York Extremes

I refuse to turn the heat on until October. That'll be difficult since tuesday night/wednesday morning will get down to ~36 degrees :(

Might be time to change that to, "I refuse to turn the heat on until October, or until I cannot sleep due to the cold." A working man needs to get some sleep.

Might be time to change that to, "I refuse to turn the heat on until October, or until I cannot sleep due to the cold." A working man needs to get some sleep.

Good idea. There's going to be a windchill of 33 degrees tuesday morning and 26 degrees wednesday morning when I get out of w*rk at 5am. I'll go home and turn the heat on right away so that it's at a reasonable temp by the time I finish breakfast so I can go to sleep.

10 days ago it was +32C (89F). Today, [-]&%^$%$@%%[/-] snow. It melted on landing but WTF? We don't get permanent snow here until late Oct.:mad:

Here in New Orleans, October is usually our best month of the year. But this year, we have record breaking heat and rain. Yesterday it was 91F despite the rain, and today it is predicted to be 92F with more rain.

It is humid, of course, and everything was covered with dew this morning. This is how we know we are living in New Orleans. Hot, humid, and rainy. The plants love it.

Actually it is not bad with A/C but early settlers here must have been tough.

This is how we know we are living in New Orleans. Hot, humid, and rainy. The plants love it.
Actually it is not bad with A/C but early settlers here must have been tough.
It went Kona here yesterday-- 93 degrees and at least that magnitude of humidity. Easily the nastiest day of the year.

I hate waking up from a nap in a pool of sweat. And what's this "A/C" of which you speak?!?

The "good" news is that without the tradewinds the vog has drifted over from the Big Island to produce an absolutely stunning orange/red/purple/pink sunrise. This is aloha, baby.

Attachments

• Koolau vog sunrise.JPG
    Koolau vog sunrise.JPG
    355.4 KB · Views: 1
It's 87 degrees right now and tomorrow night's low is supposed to be 46. :blink:

It is humid, of course, and everything was covered with dew this morning.

We get dew in the morning in Wisconsin too. Unfortunetly, starting this time of year, it freezes. I already had to scrap my windshield last week and will likely have to do it early next week too :( Could see sn*w already on saturday or monday. That's too early even for us.

Actually it is cooling off nicely in the desert. Highs in the 80s. Time for sweaters and long pants.

It went Kona here yesterday-- 93 degrees and at least that magnitude of humidity. Easily the nastiest day of the year.

I hate waking up from a nap in a pool of sweat. And what's this "A/C" of which you speak?!?

The "good" news is that without the tradewinds the vog has drifted over from the Big Island to produce an absolutely stunning orange/red/purple/pink sunrise. This is aloha, baby.

What a spectacular sunrise!! Sunrises and sunsets in the islands just can't be beat.

Sorry about the hot weather, and no A/C. When I left the islands in 1978, very few people had A/C in their homes and I suppose it may still be that way. It just isn't needed, normally. While it is hot, I guess you will just have to be tough like the early settlers were, here. Meanwhile I'm sitting in my nice, air conditioned living room, myself...

Yesterday AM, I woke to lightning, thunder, and downpouring rain. The rest of the day was gloomy with showers off and on. Damp and chilly.
Today was nice and partly sunny in the high 60s. Fall colors are getting serious now with all of the maples turning. A little dull this year, but still lovely to see. :D
It is NOT SNOWING....yet. :(

We get dew in the morning in Wisconsin too. Unfortunetly, starting this time of year, it freezes. I already had to scrap my windshield last week and will likely have to do it early next week too :( Could see sn*w already on saturday or monday. That's too early even for us.
Whatever happened to global warming?

We're being buzzed by the annual migration of Blue Angels, should clear up by Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom