This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been in the 80's all week here (definitely shorts weather). Today it might rain, or not. This weather is NOT awful!!! :LOL:

Wow, I've never noticed actually seeing pollen in the air or in the house. My daughter has allergies, maybe I should pay more attention to the color of my house dust.:blush: I don't have the windows open much tho.

Neither did I until we moved to the south. There is a yellow pollen season here every spring. I believe it is actually from pine trees (someone can correct me if I am wrong). When we first moved here, I walked out to my car and saw a yellow film covering it entirely. I didn't know what it was at first - thought someone had thrown some kind of crud all over my car...but then I saw it was EVERYWHERE!

Well, now we have had a great overnight storm and hopefully it has washed it all away! Now...to attack my yellow house...uggh.

NOT!

65˚ as I write this, bright sunshine, and this little fellow came to perch among the already fading blooms of our Lady Banks rose.
sparrow.jpeg

Neither did I until we moved to the south. There is a yellow pollen season here every spring. I believe it is actually from pine trees (someone can correct me if I am wrong). When we first moved here, I walked out to my car and saw a yellow film covering it entirely. I didn't know what it was at first - thought someone had thrown some kind of crud all over my car...but then I saw it was EVERYWHERE!

This is also very common in coastal PacNW. Ours is mainly from alders and willows. If we don't clean our cars often enough it really messes up the finish.

Ha

Back to chilly and damp in the aftermath of that wicked cold front that passed through here last night. My bigger dog is a thunder chicken and was pawing at my foot all night. :nonono:
I find myself watching the NOAA site for Daytona Beach with very keen interest. :cool:

Crappy weather here today. Tornado watch out for most of the day. Looks like tornado weather too.:-\

Same for us. Looks like Meridian is getting hit with some pretty bad stuff right now. Stay safe!!!

Same for us. Looks like Meridian is getting hit with some pretty bad stuff right now. Stay safe!!!

Yes, we had some nasty stuff around that time. The local weather guy said a tornado was on the ground headed for my side of the city. And boy, it got black outside and very still and then the wind came. Fortunately, didn't touch down in my neighborhood. They are saying some damage on the outskirts of town. But we did get some much needed rain. Weather ok now. But another storm headed late this afternoon.

You be safe too.

We have a tornado watch here for another hour, but I think they're wrong. It just doesn't seem like tornado weather. Yesterday we had torrential rains and flooding, but there wasn't that much thunder and lightning. More foul weather today.

My new Venza needed to go to the car wash, but Mother Nature took care of that! Saved me $20 and the birdie poop is all gone now.

Yes, we had some nasty stuff around that time. The local weather guy said a tornado was on the ground headed for my side of the city. And boy, it got black outside and very still and then the wind came. Fortunately, didn't touch down in my neighborhood. They are saying some damage on the outskirts of town. But we did get some much needed rain. Weather ok now. But another storm headed late this afternoon.

You be safe too.

Glad to hear you dodged that one. Just watching the news right now. I heard there is a tornado on the ground southwest of Starkville area - in fact several cars were "blown off the road" on I55. Yikes.

So far, so good here. Keeping the t.v. on!

Glad to hear our members from Mississippi and Alabama are OK...thought of you yesterday when watching the weather news.

We are in for 3 straight days of rain. May as well stock the water table now, before the summer drought hits!

Amethyst

We were 90 and very humid yesterday, but just in the upper 80's today. Feels like the upper 90's. Hot. And, I wonder how bad this year's hurricane season will be. Got to start thinking about it. :(

Yuck! Sounds like a nicer day here -- only 22% humidity, dew point is 50.

I think so! But then, the dry heat in Texas really did a number on my skin, so I don't mind the humidity here so much. It can be pretty oppressive if one wants to do anything outdoors. It is beyond me why they schedule JazzFest in late April and early May, when we always have either torrential rains (like last week) or a blast of heat (like this week). Oh well. Let the tourists [-]bake[/-] sizzle. :rolleyes:

My A/C is set for 75 and running full blast, and it is 83 in here right now. A few months ago the A/C guy said the A/C is fine, and that the problem is due to the sensor in the fan in the attic. I'm not sure which is worse - - a house that isn't cool, or having workmen inside my house again to fix the sensor. :LOL: For now I think I'll turn on the ceiling fan - - that should help,

My A/C is set for 75 and running full blast, and it is 83 in here right now. A few months ago the A/C guy said the A/C is fine, and that the problem is due to the sensor in the fan in the attic. I'm not sure which is worse - - a house that isn't cool, or having workmen inside my house again to fix the sensor. :LOL: For now I think I'll turn on the ceiling fan - - that should help,
Early indications are promising on the metal roof we threw up last October. Our thermostat is set to 78 for cooling (that cheapskate gene), and the AC has barely kicked on at all today and the temp inside has been steady at 78 for the last three hours or so. Last summer our electric bills were close to $200. It'll be interesting to see how it compares this year, knowing that last summer was the worst here in a long time.

That sounds great, Ziggy! It's amazing that your A/C has hardly cycled on today. Mine has been valiantly trying, non-stop, but just not keeping up. What a great roof you have.

I turned on the ceiling fan and at last it is comfortable in here, even though it is still 83 inside. Thank goodness for ceiling fans.

Our thermostat is set to 78 for cooling (that cheapskate gene)...
What you mean "cheapskate"? That's all I can afford to cool to, and I still paid $418.55 for Aug last year, burning a total of 3894 KWh that month. The bill would have been higher, had 3/4 of that usage not been during off-peak hours. Yeah, the lowest daily temp right before sunrise may still be in the high 80s.

A lower thermostat setting would simply mean a larger shock when you need to get out in the 118F outdoor, with an SPF1000 sun shine. You would then have to stay indoors all summer, and have to call for grocery deliveries. And then, if the power is out, you are toastally dead. :dead:

It is not just LBYM to set the thermostat higher, but also to retain some "heat resitance". When I was younger (and thinner), I used to set it at 80F.

What you mean "cheapskate"? That's all I can afford to cool to, and I still paid $418.55 for Aug last year, burning a total of 3894 KWh that month. The bill would have been higher, had 3/4 of that usage not been during off-peak hours. Yeah, the lowest daily temp right before sunrise may still be in the high 80s.

A lower thermostat setting would simply mean a larger shock when you need to get out in the 118F outdoor, with an SPF1000 sun shine. You would then have to stay indoors all summer, and have to call for grocery deliveries. And then, if the power is out, you are toastally dead. :dead:

It is not just LBYM to set the thermostat higher, but also to retain some "heat resitance". When I was younger (and thinner), I used to set it at 80F.

I'd be "NW-Bound" too if my A/C bills were $400+ each summer month! Wow. That would be too hot for me.

I just got a nice, cool drink (Diet 7-up in my case), and I am sitting under the cool breeze from my ceiling fan. Life is good. :)

April was beautiful but, since the 29th it has been cold and wet. 43 degrees today and same for tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom