Tile Layout Preview Software?

BigMoneyJim

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A rather off-the-wall question: I'm trying my hand at installing some ceramic floor tiling. While trying to figure out what size tile would look best and where to put the full tiles and where to put the cut ones it occurred to me that a computer program to preview this could be handy.

Is there some cheap or free program that will let you mock up and preview a tile layout?

Do a search on "tile layout software". There are quite a few. Some of the manufacturers have a free utility as well. I've never used any seriously . . . I have always just used paper and a rough drawing of the room. The trick to a good tiling job is laying out how the tiles layout after you have chosen them. It takes me quite a few time of laying out a room before I decide on where to start the first tile. I was told by a pro years ago that you should never have to cut a tile less than 2/3 of its original size. Looking at tile jobs, the bad ones sure enough always have slivers.

Thanks!

I just realized this is not the first time I searched for something on Google, gave up and came here, and then later found that while rewording my topic trying to make my subject clear I accidentally stumbled on keywords that would've worked in Google. I'll try to remember that next time.

Back
Top Bottom