Time to Nationalize the airlines.

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Who still actually believes big business does it better??

Look at the what is going on, do you want to bail these guys out AGAIN?

Its your money.

Isn't one thread a day from you complaining about the airlines enough? Two in twelve hours is a little much.

No bailouts.

Heck if Richard Nixon had to face the music then it is time for the airlines to do likewise.

As for the nationalize of the airline industry maybe it is NOT a good idea just look at how the government has handed the education system (NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND, unfunded education mandates, etc...,etc...), the Energy Dept, the Dept of Homeland Security, and the socials programs (welfare, food stamps, assistance for the poor, etc.., etc)

If all of us handled our finances the way that the U.S government handles it's budget then most of us would be in the big house facing 15 to 20 yrs and the rest of us would be homeless in the streets.

Again not a good idea.

GOD BLESS US ALL:angel:

oh yeah, that would fix everything!

Time to Nationalize the Airlines

What stop there? Nationalize all of the banks, and the oil companies, and the railroads, and ... the list is endless!

I am sure that we will all enjoy living in our new Workers' Paradise. :p

Who still actually believes big business does it better??

Look at the what is going on, do you want to bail these guys out AGAIN?

Its your money.
How about a few facts with your conjecture (any of your threads)? Show us a business that's still operating with the same % of debt and unfunded liabilities of the government (with the unique ability to print currency) for starters...

NewGuy, have you looked into relocating to Venezuela? I hear they are nationalizing like crazy there. Soon they'll rank right up with Cuba as places folks are trying to get out of.

Nationalize the airlines? Really now?

I addressed this in the "other" airline thread today - but will post it again (though I don't know why) for anyone's interest & edification.

Dallas to Fort Lauderdale - Round Trip - 2 passengers - for one week in June

American Airlines - $476 rt (incl taxes & fees) - 2 hour flight
AmTrak - $694 rt - 22 hour ride one way (assuming on-time which it never is)
Driving - $435 gas - one heck of a long drive & back-ache not too mention the vastly greater risk of dying in an accident
Greyhound? - well, really now - I didn't look it up - would you?

Don't know much about some other carriers, but I can tell ya I'm not complaining about AA too much yet.

As the MD-80 repairs, all I can say to the airlines is "Git er done!"

Newguy I like you but, you have some really crazy ideas.

Airlines, as I said in the other thread, historical have never made dime. This is pretty much true across the world, and across time. (Tons of airlines also went broke in 30,40,50s ...).

Looking at it another way airline travel has been heavily subsidized, similar to how bus and mass transist travel is subsidized by local and federal governments.

In countries in the world with nationalized airlines, the taxpayers paid the subsidy, which is really unfair. People who either didn't need to, didn't want to, or often ca't afford airplane flights, help make airline travel more affordable for the upper middle class flying public. In contrast as a taxpayer subsidizing bus travel helps keep other cars of the road and generally benefits the poor and elderly.

In the US, personal airline travel is subsidized by two groups of people. Business travelers and investors. Now the investors included most everybody on the board who owns mutual funds, but it is also includes fabulous wealthy people like Warren Buffet, Carl Ichan and other who spent small fortunes on their airline investments only watch them inevitably fail. The beneficaries are the middle class American who are able to afford flying thanks to the rich people.

Newguy as somebody is planning on taking a driving vacation, you want to subsidize my airline flights is beyond me. While I do appreciate the generous offer, I think you might want to keep your own money.

Back
Top Bottom