Time to re-register on Do Not Call list (or what I learned on Yahoo this morning)

Martha

Moderator Emeritus
Do Not Call listings aren't forever - Yahoo! News

Numbers placed on the (do not call) registry, begun in June 2003, are valid for five years. For the millions of people who signed onto the list in its early days, their numbers will automatically drop off beginning next June if they do not enroll again.

Of course I will forget about this by June.

since registering my mom's phone numbers and all of mine i've buried her, cancelled mine and now just have an unlisted cell phone. as long as they don't get that number i'm home free.

since registering my mom's phone numbers and all of mine i've buried her, cancelled mine and now just have an unlisted cell phone. as long as they don't get that number i'm home free.

My number has been unlisted for years. I had to go to the no call list. It doesn't stop them!:rant:

For the millions of people who signed onto the list in its early days, their numbers will automatically drop off beginning next June if they do not enroll again.

Of course I will forget about this by June.

No need to wait 'til next June to reregister. Go ahead and do it now while you're thinking of it. Just go to the FTC do-not-call website and fill in the form. Don't forget to confirm when they send you the email, and then you'll be good for another 5 years.

Thanks, I just re-registered. Now if you put a reference on your calendar to remind us again in 5 years we can all stay listed. ;)

Someone sent me an email last week saying that cell phone numbers are about to be released and that you need to go to the do not call list to register them...

Too bad the do-not-call law has loopholes for "surveys" and "political advertising."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom