Too Good to be True Priced Item

What is the process with Amazon if that happens? Do you communicate through emails or phone with Amazon etc.?

It is just a call to Amazon customer service. Amazon itself can be the seller, or it can be a 3rd party seller. In this case it was a 3rd party seller. The seller had set up a 'shop' on Amazon, and had a little over 1 million worth of transactions in about a 7 day period from what I could tell. The Amazon rep was very straight with me - she said that it appeared this was a scam seller, and completed the necessary steps for a refund. She said it would take two days for the refund to be approved, and another few days for it to hit the credit card. It happened exactly as she said. The Amazon rep said these scams happen from time to time on Amazon, and that the company goes after the scammers. This particular scammer was from India, so Amazon is probably just eating the $.

There are dedicated scammer websites that looks and feel legit! I have hit them few time when searching for an item. I just stick to the saying: If it is too good to be true then it is.

[/B]

I agree with you totally! It has to be killing the honest businessman to their death. It is like sometimes I feel we live in a third world country.

One of the big advantages of the Internet is that it opens the world up to you. One of the big disadvantages of the Internet is that it opens you up to the world.

gooddog >> thanks for that information.

Mr._Graybeard >> That is true! You not only have the bad apples in our country but all the bad apples from the world.

rayvt;2762872Did you read the "About Us"? This has to be a scam. They've just cut-and-pasted from real stores to create their web pag said:

I didn't!
It is my nature to trust people and it maybe of where I'm from and the culture I grew up with.

I do need to be more aware of the bad out there I do know that.

DW showed me an ad from Facebook that had a greenhouse that was scraped from the Walmart site, including the Walmart logo. The price was 1/10th of the Walmart price. I looked at the FAQ, found an awkward phrase, pasted it, quoted, into Google, and it came up with hundreds of sites with the same awkward phrase. Poking at a few of them, it was obvious they were not legit. I'm surprised Zuckercensorberg lets crap like this through.

DW showed me an ad from Facebook that had a greenhouse that was scraped from the Walmart site, including the Walmart logo. The price was 1/10th of the Walmart price. I looked at the FAQ, found an awkward phrase, pasted it, quoted, into Google, and it came up with hundreds of sites with the same awkward phrase. Poking at a few of them, it was obvious they were not legit. I'm surprised Zuckercensorberg lets crap like this through.

I report them as spam.

Back
Top Bottom