Top 10 Warning Signs You've Taken Frugality too Far........:)

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
10)When the garbage collectors have to armwrestle you for furniture outside college rentals near the university..........

9)When the guys in the soup kitchen know you by name...........

8)When your kid's nickname is "Scrap Iron"

7)PBS does a documentary on you called "America on Less than 40 Cents a Day".............

6)A trip to the grocery store in your 1975 Gremlin is called a "family vacation"

5)$10 is enough spending money for a year..............

4)You're an lifestyle advisor to the Amish................

3)You have 100 recipes for the weeds that grow in your lawn and garden..........

2)Your phone uses a crank, eliminating the need for electricity............

1)Goodwill won't let you donate anymore because the stuff you try to give away is too worn out even for them............ :LOL: :LOL:

Wow! What great ideas!...gotta jot those down...where's my #2 pencil? :LOL:

3)You have 100 recipes for the weeds that grow in your lawn and garden..........

Well, not 100.

1)Goodwill won't let you donate anymore because the stuff you try to give away is too worn out even for them............

I didn't even try to donate the last batch.

I have a 1992 Geo Metro that, honest, was rejected by Charity Motors.

When you have a filled up plastic bag hanging in your basement labeled "Plastic bags, torn with holes".

(a true account of what my dad saw in the basement of an older guy he was doing work for)

- John

In re #2. Who needs a phone? Carrier pigeons are the way to go.

bssc--

Naw, too much money to be spent on bird seed!!!!!!!! ;)

Professor

bbbamI said:
Wow! What great ideas!...gotta jot those down...where's my #2 pencil? :LOL:

the lead's too soft on those--use a harder lead and you won't use up as many pencils ;)

bosco said:
the lead's too soft on those--use a harder lead and you won't use up as many pencils ;)
Go to a free job fair and get pencils there. Resell them at the subway.

dt123 said:
I have a 1992 Geo Metro that, honest, was rejected by Charity Motors.

I actually know someone who has a immaculate 1975 gremlin.
they bought it new for something like $1800

I knew someone who had an AMC Hornet station wagon, in this loud robin egg blue color. When it came time to get rid of it, they couldn't even get the local junkyards to TAKE the thing, even for free! I found them a place I've dealt with in the past about 90 miles out, that took it and gave them 90 bucks for it.

I dunno if they tried donating it or not, though.

My uncle had a 1964 Dodge Dart with the pushbutton transmission. He gave it away a couple years ago but it is still running around Southern California. It must have a million miles on it by now.

Normally I only shop Goodwill the few times a year they have a 50-75% off sale - the Salvation Army usually has better prices.

You didn't list the one about shutting off the electricity and reading by votive candle - the ones that come 12 to a box at Dollar Tree and places like that.

I thought this was a frugal list? It's a joke right?

heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh eh? ::) ::) :D :D

Back
Top Bottom