Tour de Dopage

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Over the past 5 years or so I have made it a point to catch a good bit of the Tour de France on OLN network (now Verses) and I rather enjoyed it as I am a bike rider and can really feel the pain when those guys are spinning in the Alps.

But this year...I tried to watch today...I can not help but think that every one of those riders are on some kind of exotic elixir that tends to give them some kind of edge. When I ride, my most exotic drink has always been water laced with more water.:cool:

I'll give it another shot when they reach the Alps, but I'm not making any kind of commitment to get involved as I have in the past.:yawn:

Next year, everyone gets the same model Huffy bicycle and a water bottle filled with regular water. See you in Paris, guys!

We are big fans of the Tour De France, however have to agree that all the doping scandals have put a bit of tarnish on it, however there is no other race like it.

That said, I would love to see them remove the radios from the riders, as that would mean they would never know how far behind they are, so when the breakaway is on, they would have to make their own decision as to when they should start chasing and how fast.

Don't know if anyone else watched STage 2, but have to say Robbie McEwen was absolutely amazing. The way he came through totally UTR. I can imagine how furious he would have been when he came off, I would not like to be the rider who hit him, if he manages to identify who it was. One of the best finishes I have seen for years.

Back
Top Bottom