Travel for less not with Hotwire

Moemg

Gone but not forgotten
I recently used Hotwire for a hotel stay .When I went to check in at the hotel the going rate for that room on that night was $20.00 less than what I paid .I emailed Hotwire thinking they'd refund me the $20.00 but basically they said "Tough Luck ". I have used Priceline in the past with 100 % satisfaction but this was my first and last use of Hotwire .Travel for less no it should be pay over retail.

I use hotwire as a comp. Sometimes it isn't the cheapest.

I have been lurking on sidestep.com
Didn't purchase anything yet but it seems better than most sites.

I have used Hotwire and Priceline on a number of occasions. In general I have been very satisfied with them.

Per your situation I would suggest that you do some more research before you plunk down your money. Hotwire can be a great value when traveling.

When we traveled in February to New Orleans I got a Priceline room at the Hilton for just over $50 a night. I was very pleased as someone else I talked to said that their basic room cost $175.

Priceline and Hotwire can save you a bundle but you have to do your research.

- Buyer beware !

I haven't been too impressed with Hotwire for Hotels. Priceline used in conjunction with BiddingforTravel.com usually gives me a much better prices.

I may be using them for rental cars, depending on what Priceline offers me.

doesn't hotwire require you pay before you know which hotel you got? that makes it hard to compare.

beware all the travel sites - like exp*dia etc. since they often charge hefty fees on top (for their "services)...i usually cross check with the direct hotel site for their own specials etc. because I have also found the bargain sites are not always the cheapest.

I do love pr*celine though! especially since it has evolved from the original 24 hour notice system!!! i avoid getting caught in over-bidding by re-bidding after 24 hours and you can adjust your price just slightly without having to lower the stars or go to areas you aren't really wanting to stay in...

bssc said:
I haven't been too impressed with Hotwire for Hotels. Priceline used in conjunction with BiddingforTravel.com usually gives me a much better prices.

I may be using them for rental cars, depending on what Priceline offers me.

I too am not all that impressed with Hotwire for Hotels, but I have had good luck renting cars with them....

Back
Top Bottom