USA/NASA/SpaceX To Launch Astronauts from US Soil Today

This YouTuber had one of the best interviews with Elon and Jim Bridenstine of anybody this week.

This YouTuber had one of the best interviews with Elon and Jim Bridenstine of anybody this week.

The Everyday Astronaut is run by a guy who actually knows a lot about what he is reporting on. He has a number of great Youtube videos explaining all sorts of things such as why we use multi-stage rockets to get to orbit.

I shudder every time I hear some reporter on the national news talk about "The SpaceX rocket that is headed to the ISS". I certainly hope the Falcon 9's second stage does not get anywhere near the ISS. :eek:

Last edited:
I have watched that Youtuber as well. Very knowledgeable.

In fact, there is one video of him and Elon at a BFR event in Texas. He does his little interview with Elon and you can tell Elon is impressed with him. Elon keeps talking to him after the interview is over even though Elon has to move on. And actually Elon comes back over to him later on to keep talking about technical issues.

One of the few things the Internet has gotten right is giving a platform (like this one !) to enthusiastic and expert amateurs to share their expertise and enthusiasm with others. An increasing side effect of that authenticity is that it is nice to get the words and ideas of great people directly without the filter of "interpretation" from the media.

Given the other events the past week, this was so uplifting to see this success.

That was an excellent video! I'm going over to YouTube to look up more information from Everyday Astronaut.

I have watched that Youtuber as well. Very knowledgeable.

In fact, there is one video of him and Elon at a BFR event in Texas. He does his little interview with Elon and you can tell Elon is impressed with him. Elon keeps talking to him after the interview is over even though Elon has to move on. And actually Elon comes back over to him later on to keep talking about technical issues.

One of the few things the Internet has gotten right is giving a platform (like this one !) to enthusiastic and expert amateurs to share their expertise and enthusiasm with others. An increasing side effect of that authenticity is that it is nice to get the words and ideas of great people directly without the filter of "interpretation" from the media.

What's a BFR event?

DH and I have been watching their launches for years, so it was really, really cool to see them finally launching astronauts.

They haven't launched BFR yet, it's still being developed. You may be thinking of Falcon Heavy.

You are quite correct and I was mistaken. I thought the best part of the launch was watching the two boosters return simultaneously.

You are quite correct and I was mistaken. I thought the best part of the launch was watching the two boosters return simultaneously.

Yes, when I saw the first time I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen!

After sampling the coverage on Wednesday, I just tuned in for the launch.

Attachments

• IMG_2397.jpg
    IMG_2397.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 6
There is still time...

While they are up there, we all have time to buy gorilla suits and learn to ride horses.

Back
Top Bottom