Vehicle thoughts, need some input !

If you want to enter the medium size SUV market, I have been looking at the new Honda Passport and have been impressed. The EX_L model has a full suite of safety equipment through Honda Sensing, leather seats, and all of the normal power equipment. It sells for 36-38,000 depending on FWD or AWD.

I have not bought one yet, but am waiting for the fall season to sell my current 2 vehicles and buying a replacement.

I remember the earlier Honda Passport that was a rebadged Isuzu Rodeo until the Pilot came out.

I’ve been and still am a Honda person but with these reports of problems with oil/gas I think I’ll pay attention to how things go with the new one and wait a couple of years to see what happens. I think they are built in Alabama.

I remember the earlier Honda Passport that was a rebadged Isuzu Rodeo until the Pilot came out.

I’ve been and still am a Honda person but with these reports of problems with oil/gas I think I’ll pay attention to how things go with the new one and wait a couple of years to see what happens. I think they are built in Alabama.

The Passport has the same 6 cylinder 280 HP motor they have used for years in the Pilot. Should be a safe bet, but I don't blame you for being a little gun shy.

VW

We bought an Equinox last fall. Much easier to get in and out of compared to the previous car. Also, you can see better in parking lots because you sit higher. Much more maneuverable than the pickup.

I think every company has the same basic vehicle out there, so pick a favorite brand or dealer, pick new or gently used, and you should have a reliable vehicle for many years. We would have preferred a higher trim level with the lane keeping and warning systems, but they had blow-out pricing on the one we bought (and the car was wavering just before winter).

There are many different SUVs on the retail market that fit your needs.

But for seating comfort, the Lexus RX350 has the most comfortable front seating of any vehicle of any size.on the retail market. And that.includes the S series Mercedes, Maybach or any other vehicle.

We had an Equinox and now have a CRV. Both would cover your issues.

My two metal knees and a fused spine had me move to a CRV and now a RAV4. I can kinda slide in easily, I see better - the backup camera is a joy and the All wheel drive is awesome.

We own three Toyota’s and a CRV. We service them carefully and they are as dependable as can be.

Check online for current pricing and incentives, too. They can be significant right now. This past weekend, we got $4,250 off, plus just under another thousand in X-Plan Pricing on the Ford Escape. The Chevy Equinox has incentives as well, but would have cost about $3K more after incentives. Yet, in late 2017, the Equinox was cheaper than buying the Escape.

Our fleet of cars includes a Hyundia Sante Fe SUV, two Ford Escapes, and a Kia minivan. At 5' 8" I find ease of entry/exit is worst in the Sante Fe only because of the roof angle, seat is OK. Entry is easiest in the older Ford Escapes (minimal drop butt into seat but need to drag feet across door threshold). Exit is by far the easiest in the minivan(just slide my butt off the seat) but slight climb up. Entry/exit ease varies a lot even among similar cars.

Don't discount a minivan. Except for the lack of all wheel drive (we average over 100 inches of snow per year) it is my favorite, versatile, all around vehicle. Possibly check out Chrysler, Honda, Toyota, Kia. Kia is my value favorite. Chrysler has questionable reliability, Honda/Toyota are pricey a two year old one is reasonable with the drop in popularity.

Last edited:
I would recommend a small SUV. I went from a Honda Accord to my Subaru Forester. Getting in and out is so much easier on my back. I paid under $25k for my Forester.

Just purchased base Forester 2019, with mag wheel option. $24,999 out the door.
San Francisco Bay Area. (For short and older people. Great visibility).

Try small Suv's. And minivans. Getting into most sedans not an issue, you
just "plop" down. The problem is getting up! and out.

Suv's and Mini vans. Seats are higher. You just "slid in" and "slid out".
Just find a model that has comfortable seats.:greetings10:

Back
Top Bottom