video - how to feed a bunch of snakes

Holy sh!t!

Ok - is must be a milking place for antivenom, otherwise I can't imagine the casualness of the feeding. Maybe they feed them right after milking.

Otherwise :eek: - well regardless.

Seemed like a normal day a Megacorp. Surrounded by pit vipers.

If the early bird special at Golden Corral was filmed, I'll bet it would seem similar.

I thought the thread was going to be about storefront "financial advisors."

Whistling lets the snakes know their feed is coming?
Snakes don't have ears, so it's debatable how much they "hear". Perhaps the whistling calms the keepers nerves?

Geeze. I am not a fan of snakes, found myself backing up from the d**m computer when the first one got loose!:LOL:
I do enjoy the variety of things I see and learn on this forum:D

And I thought my old cube was depressing.

Snakes don't have ears, so it's debatable how much they "hear". Perhaps the whistling calms the keepers nerves?

They clearly hear something - at least feel vibrations.

What about all those snake charmers with their wind instruments? Is it just the swaying of the snake charmer that gets the snake going?

They basically can hear - although best at frequencies lower than the guy whistling:
When a rattlesnake shakes its tail, does it hear the rattling? Scientists have long struggled to understand how snakes, which lack external ears, sense sounds. Now, a new study shows that sound waves cause vibrations in a snake’s skull that are then “heard” by the inner ear.

“There’s been this enduring myth that snakes are deaf,” says neurobiologist Bruce Young of the University of Massachusetts, Lowell, who was not involved in the new research. “Behavioral studies have suggested that snakes can in fact hear, and now this work has gone one step further and explained how.”

Each time a sound was played through a speaker suspended above the snake’s cage, the researchers measured whether the nerve relayed an electrical pulse (the snakes showed no outward response to the sounds). The nerve pulses were strongest, the researchers found, with frequencies between 80 and 160 hertz—around the frequency for the lowest notes of a cello, though not necessarily sounds that snakes encounter often in the wild.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati.../gIQAuseoWP_story.html?utm_term=.abf0054dc807

Last edited:
I thought the thread was going to be about storefront "financial advisors."

Hey OldShooter - a little bit of a cheap shot, don't you think.

Snakes won't harm someone unless one f^cks with them (of course, this can unfortunately happen purely by getting to close by accident, etc.). FA's on the other hand, will harm you without cause in a variety of ways.
A) By commission; churning, loads, excessive fees, etc.
B) By omission; kindly returning below market (or index) returns from a combination of active management and fees, while ensuring his/her expenses are promptly collected each billing cycle.

The snakes are awaiting your apology. :LOL:

I hope that guy is well paid! There is not enough money in the world to persuade me to do that.

I had to watch this twice. It was fascinating! Those cobra's leaping out of the drawers! He has no trouble corralling them. Oh - let me lay down the tongs while I pick up the snake by the tail :eek: And he turns away with the drawer open!!!!!

Somewhere online say this was South Dakota Reptile Gardens.

So why so many cobras in drawers:confused:?!!!!?!?!??

Nope!
My new SWR would be 200% with that job.

Edit.
Just rewatched. Make that 2000%

Last edited:
I hope he closes the drawers all the way!
I feel sorry for the snakes having to live in those things.

I hope he closes the drawers all the way!
I feel sorry for the snakes having to live in those things.
They used to have nice big offices, then the recession made everyone have little tiny cubes. [emoji35]

Back
Top Bottom