Visiting Thailand

WanderALot

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hello,

DW and I are going to be visiting Thailand for 2 weeks starting Thanksgiving. As much as we'd like to follow MJ's 30 day vacation lead, we aren't yet ER'd! :( So we are looking for suggestions. We'll be getting a Lonely Planet pretty soon. About the only thing that we've decided is that we want to go Chiang Mai. We are mainly interested in experiencing Thai culture versus hanging out at the beach. Exceptional snorkeling would be very nice though.

Also, we are looking into using AirAsia for flying around inside Thailand. Any opinions about them?

Thanks!

I've used Air Asia in the past and had no problems with them. On occasion, they run some unbelievabe deals. I see on their website that they are currently charging $12 Bangkok to Chiang Mai. though I didn't check into actual availability. I will probably be over there as well sometime between MJ and yourself, but things are pretty crazy now and can't really nail down dates.

I think the Kaderlis read their e-mail much more frequently than they read this forum. BA264@YAHOO.COM They're in Chiang Mai this month with the Terhorsts.

Nords said:
I think the Kaderlis read their e-mail much more frequently than they read this forum. BA264@YAHOO.COM They're in Chiang Mai this month with the Terhorsts.

Why does this meeting make me think of a meeting of great philosophers or the Beatles and Rolling Stones?

On account of: They are proven masters of the ER/'perpetual tourist' craft.

Would make a great 'Barron's Roundtable' type discussion.

Heh heh heh.

"my brain's squirmin like a toad's"

In BK, just go wander about an eat all the street food. Watch for locals buyin and go for it.

OldAgePensioner said:
"my brain's squirmin like a toad's"
In BK, just go wander about an eat all the street food. Watch for locals buyin and go for it.

Can't wait to eat the hot stuff, although, I hear it can be pretty damaging to the stomach lining.

MJ said:
Can't wait to eat the hot stuff, although, I hear it can be pretty damaging to the stomach lining.
Geez, MJ, of course it could, that's why you have to protect your stomach with a good coating of beer first.

You're going to have a lot of fun learning how to cope with Thai life!

Nords said:
Geez, MJ, of course it could, that's why you have to protect your stomach with a good coating of beer first.

You're going to have a lot of fun learning how to cope with Thai life!

It appears that there will a number of body parts that will need protection while I have lots of fun in the LOS. :D ;) :D

Quote from: Nords on September 28, 2005, 08:17:00 PM
I think the Kaderlis read their e-mail much more frequently than they read this forum.  BA264@YAHOO.COM  They're in Chiang Mai this month with the Terhorsts.
Dex said:  
Why does this meeting make me think of a meeting of great philosophers or the Beatles and Rolling Stones? 
unclemick2 said:   
On account of: They are proven masters of the ER/'perpetual tourist' craft.    Would make a great 'Barron's Roundtable' type discussion.   
Heh heh heh. 

Hi Guys!
If the word ever got out that Paul and Billy bring Vicki and me here to Thailand for "women's re-education camp," my reputation with my girlfriends would be shot.   8)

For years, we have been taking intensive training in simple phrases like "Up to Yoo" and "Yoo like Suh?" but for some reason it just doesn't take. The boys discuss our dismal progress over Chang beers at happy hour.  Vicki and I have commited ourselves to lengthy discussions in the afternoon over hazelnut capuccinos trying to figure out what it is, exactly, that prevents us from learning such elementary phrases.   :-\ ::)

We get forget to put the "to" in the phrase "Up to Yoo", and the boys get very irate. Then, to make matters worse, for some reason, "You like, Suh?" gets replaced with "Fat chance" all the time.    :confused:  We just don't understand why we have such a hard time learning these things.  ;) :D

The boys have to bring us back here over and over. sigh.  ;)

You're right about the 'Barron's Roundtable' discussions! If we just had a tape recorder!

Akaisha
Author, The Adventurer's Guide to Early Retirement

Back
Top Bottom