Self sufficient in Thailand

Went back to the farm this afternoon and watched a couple of my wife’s cousins set a fishing net, I thought they would draw it in to catch the fish but instead they just set it and let the fish swim into it, not a huge haul

I would be interested in the meal they prepare using these fish, if you'd care to share that. I assume the whole fish are cooked in a broth/soup with veggies? What kind of seasonings? Rice served along with it?

I would be interested in the meal they prepare using these fish, if you'd care to share that. I assume the whole fish are cooked in a broth/soup with veggies? What kind of seasonings? Rice served along with it?

They were just deep fried to a crisp and was able to eat the bones, pretty good tasting, I think they were shad, not sure, I’ve seen 6 different kinds of fish come out of that pond so far

I dunno, this lifestyle does appeal to me in a lot of ways. I watched a show last night on the Inuit living what I would call a hard life in the Arctic. They did have a hard life, but they were happy. Truly happy. And the family unit was tight knit. Made me smile and wish my life weren't so darn self complicated.
+1

I like the term self complicated [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom