Vote on Which Book Cover to Use

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Please vote on which cover you think I should use for my next book. Note that the voting cuts off the right edge a bit.

Help Me Choose A Book Cover?

And if you have any suggestions for how to improve it, let me know in this thread.

Thanks,

Al

I voted for D...it's eye catching to me, and is fitting if the story is ominous.

However, if it is tongue-in-cheek, I would go for C.

I chose C as the lighter colored earth was more appealing to me.

That said, I didn't like in A-C that the "I" in Anti was so far to the right. To me it seems like on first reading it says "The Ant Terrorist"

I like D. So, Al, is this proving to be a good retirement money generator?

I chose A - white text easier to read on black background. Name prominent and what you are delivering is easily understood, a sci-fi series short. And that's 30 years of being a librarian experience talking. The more professional looking ebook cover the better. Always check on most sign websites for the best text and background color options for getting attention and to be able to clearly read for most people.

Good luck!

Combination of B & A, but primarily B.

From A I like the color of the laser coming out of the spaceship so if that were added to B that would have been my hands-down choice.

I'm in corporate communications so have a bit of background in marketing/comms.

Combination of B & A, but primarily B.

From A I like the color of the laser coming out of the spaceship so if that were added to B that would have been my hands-down choice.

+1 I also voted B.

I like D since the title is more clear to me. The large-type "Anti makes it half a second longer to read the title. But I like the brighter laser beam on the others.

I like D because it would cause me to pick up the book. All the others need work.

Jake Corby! Really? Not until he is a household name!

ANTI really dominates A to C

So, Al, is this proving to be a good retirement money generator?

To a minor extent, yes. My books brought in $1,500 last year, mostly from the sight-reading book. A lot more than playing jazz brings in.

My main thought was, "Oh, sheesh, now I have to do a schedule C again!"

Here's how Contact Us is doing (borrows net me the same as sales):

SOtoM86.png

I never thought of this as a money-making thing. It was just fun to write a book. It's nice not to have to worry about the money.

Opinions really do vary. Ones that I like are rarely liked by others.

Choice D was done by a professional (although she only charged $30), but it was roundly panned over in an author's forum.

I voted for B. For my eyes, the star burst of the laser (by the ship) should be the same as in A. The laser beam in B could be a little bright but not like the big yellow line in some of the others. The fade out of the laser beam is perfect. The picture is the background. The name of author and title should stand out and be easy to read. On D the word ANTITERRORIST is hard to read. You don't want to look at something a couple of times to figure out what it says.

To a minor extent, yes. My books brought in $1,500 last year, mostly from the sight-reading book. A lot more than playing jazz brings in.

My main thought was, "Oh, sheesh, now I have to do a schedule C again!"

Here's how Contact Us is doing (borrows net me the same as sales):

SOtoM86.png

I never thought of this as a money-making thing. It was just fun to write a book. It's nice not to have to worry about the money.

Keep writing Al, who knows, it could morph into a TV show as a modern day Twilight Zone or Outer Limits.

I'd finally weaned myself from checking the stock market every day, and now I check every few hours to see how many books have sold.

Without a doubt I like 'A'. It makes the best use of the space allotted. I like the darker background which not only better sets the tone of the story but allows for better graphical contrast -- particularly setting off the source of the laser beam. 'A' is by far the most professional cover of the four choices.

I like "D", although it would be better with a daylit Earth. The night version implies a devastated planet (maybe the title biases me in that direction).

I think the others have a "too dramatic" effect of the laser or energy weapon. And the text takes up too much room and distracts from the graphic, which presents the premise of the story.

_B

I chose C because I liked the juxtapositions of the lighter and dark colors. Makes me think 'multi-dimensional". I do however, prefer the text on "D".

I like D and voted for it. Cover D is something I would likely pickup and look at and the others not so much.

I liked D because of the font, which was more "techie". But D could still use a little tweaking.

Now Al, for this book you are going to have to share those royalties since we've all helped you write it. We might get a few mils a piece. :)

Seriously, looking forward to the book. Sounds interesting.

Probably the most important consideration is its appearance on Amazon:

7i44V3m.png

I had gone to a bigger text to make it more readable, but you have made me realize it's done the opposite.

And vote "D" has a better price too, Al. :LOL:

From an esthetics viewpoint, the fonts in A,B,C play poorly together. D is more artistic. But I'm not into SciFi so may not be the target audience. If I were going to open up this book, the cover would have to be D.

Okay, here's my latest iteration, taking suggestions from here into account:

nauoOL5.jpg

I like. That was the kind of tweak I had in mind. Blue earth and more prominent death ray.

Ship it!

Back
Top Bottom