Wall Street Journal-how to get it freeeeee.

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Almost 2 years ago my son, a university student majoring in economics, signed up for a WSJ introductory offer. I believe that they offered a very inexpensive 6 or 12 month special deal for students.  It had to be dirt cheap, as he was a full time student with little cash.

My son never renewed the subscription however we still receive it each morning along with our local paper.  

I'm assuming that the WSJ finds in more ecomimical to have this expired subscpirtion continue to be counted as active so that advertising rates can be proped up.  I am also assuming that this is now considered a complimentry subscription to WSJ that they can cancel at will.

Has anyone else been the subject of this free WSJ program?

Yes, that happened to me and I think it was still coming
when I left the company where I was employed. I know
we hadn't paid for a while (I was so busy I never got to read it).
I love the paper, but only read it at the library or Barnes and Noble now.

John Galt

Huh 'cause I signed up for it twice under fictitious names (just to see what other junk comes for those two other people, and from whom). After a few days of "extra free paper" and lots of warning letters about subscribing, it stopped.

Huh 'cause I signed up for it twice under fictitious names (just to see what other junk comes for those two other people, and from whom). After a few days of "extra free paper" and lots of warning letters about subscribing, it stopped.
Did you specify a profession for the fictitious names? I notice the student was an econ major and John Galt was in executive management; perhaps they give free stuff to managers like all the industry magazines do?

Hmm...I dont recall but I usually make fake people sound pretty good.

Maybe the Beauregard twins are due for a third sibling...

We got it at work. It just started coming out of the blue (they must have obtained our address off some mailing list or something) and it continued for months. It was still coming when I retired. Nobody paid for it or ordered it.

Back
Top Bottom