Wasteful people (rant)

Well without seeing it I'm just shooting in the dark. So here's my take, why not JB Weld it and use a flat washer to spread the force of the screw across a wider area when you put it together? If you never used JB Weld you might be surprised at how effective it is for almost anything.

JB Weld has fixed a hole in the oil pan of my old diesel Jetta!

I have allergies, keep my windows closed most of the year, and use AC frequently. I’m stuck between two neighbors whose gardeners blow dust and pollen at my house (ie, the fence) every two weeks. I never know when they’ll show up, so I just keep my windows closed.

Yeah, aluminum brazing. Lots of low temp alloy rods out there cheap. Harbor freight has them.

His "legal renege" (BK, I assume?) costs us all. The bank writes off the debt, which is partially mitigated by the tax benefits of the write-off, and then they charge crazy-high interest rates which affect people who really do want to pay what they owe. Of course, the banks are making risky decisions as well when they issue more credit cards to people with bad records but I saw that with my first husband. I paid mine in full every month. He was always close to maxed out and always late and guess who got credit card offers in the mail with higher credit lines than I had.:confused:

I've occasionally heard one defense to this, that bad debt that's written off actually doesn't hurt those who have good credit. It's other people with poor/marginal credit, who get hurt, because they're the ones that get the jacked up interest rates on credit cards and other loans. If you have good credit, you'll still get the best rates.

Still, I'm not buying that argument. I'm sure it still finds a way to hurt all of us, although the more credit-challenged are the ones that bear the brunt of it.

I've occasionally heard one defense to this, that bad debt that's written off actually doesn't hurt those who have good credit. It's other people with poor/marginal credit, who get hurt, because they're the ones that get the jacked up interest rates on credit cards and other loans. If you have good credit, you'll still get the best rates.

Still, I'm not buying that argument. I'm sure it still finds a way to hurt all of us, although the more credit-challenged are the ones that bear the brunt of it.

I think it pressures CC companies to make up for the losses by:

• charge higher fees to merchants
  • offer less attractive bonuses to get a credit card
  • raise fees for other aspects, like missed payment/late payment.
  • be less forgiving for a missed payment or other fee charged.
  • offshore their workforce to the lowest cost country, exposing all of us to less legal protections as US law doesn't apply in foreign countries.

Maybe he thought the food would taste good but didn't turn out to be his liking? I wouldn't stuff food down if it wasn't any good.

I was taught that if you weren't sure you'd like a food you took a small amount to try it and then went back for more (we even did that at all-you-can-eat buffets!)...isn't that the sensible thing to do rather than pile a bunch of "unknowns" a foot high on your plate? It just proves you don't really care.

I was taught that if you weren't sure you'd like a food you took a small amount to try it and then went back for more (we even did that at all-you-can-eat buffets!)...isn't that the sensible thing to do rather than pile a bunch of "unknowns" a foot high on your plate? It just proves you don't really care.

People all have their own approaches, fine with me.

But I do what you describe. Sample plenty of items and go back for the “good stuff”. Second plates for me always see to have much less variety, but a nice helping of the good stuff.

There was this woman at my old w*rk place who would run water (why:confused:) in the sink while brushing her teeth in the washroom. It bothered me a lot, but I never said anything...

I can’t expend energy on things beyond my control, unless they infringe on my rights or property values.

I expended some energy on the fact that my city is putting in about a mile of new roads in a nearby public park. In my opinion it is not only a waste of taxpayer money, but it also ruins the natural feel of the already-perfectly fine park. I found a website that discusses my city, and I posted my feelings about the roads. It turned out that one person agreed with me, but 4 others were neutral, or welcomed the new roads. I guess we're all different. But I am no longer expending energy on the thing. I guess I thought most people would agree with me that it was a big waste of money. Knowing that that is not the case, I am no longer worrying about it, and have consigned it to the 'things I cannot control' category.

Back
Top Bottom