We all retired too early!

tangomonster

Full time employment: Posting here.
I know a lot of us were thrilled when we retired to realize that we would never have to sit through insipid training sessions/"employee development" using the latest flavor of the month management training manual (the last one I was subjected to was the oh-so-profound Who Moved My Cheese). But had I held on for another year, I could have enjoyed this new training:

MyrtleBeachOnline.com | 08/26/2007 | Lego builds ties for adults

Getting paid to play with Legos? I could have gotten into that. And all you have to do is build a race car to show your boss that you saw the company being on the fast track to change! :rolleyes:

In two-day training sessions costing about $7,000, skilled Lego facilitators help clients build models that act as metaphors for their organization's strengths, weaknesses, and overall challenges. For example, employees might use the blocks to model a perceived threat of a corporate takeover.
Simply amazing.

We had to take x hours each year from a cafeteria style selection of classes for managers. Most years all we got was a list of titles, what category it fit under and how many hours credit we received. I signed up for a one day class called "Juggling Priorities"

We spent half the day learning how to juggle foam balls.

Simply amazing.

We had to take x hours each year from a cafeteria style selection of classes for managers. Most years all we got was a list of titles, what category it fit under and how many hours credit we received. I signed up for a one day class called "Juggling Priorities"

Reminds me of my daughter's "Honors Math" class in 5th grade. After they finished the normal fifth grade math curriculum in the first few weeks, the class dissolved into string art. Not string theory - - string art. Aargh! We were NOT enchanted with that program.

Simply amazing.

I need a new occupation..........:D

I know a lot of us were thrilled when we retired to realize that we would never have to sit through insipid training sessions/"employee development" using the latest flavor of the month management training manual (the last one I was subjected to was the oh-so-profound Who Moved My Cheese).

The follow-up tome was "Who Cut the Cheese?"...

The follow-up tome was "Who Cut the Cheese?"...
Yep, that's to simulate "the blame game" for when a project goes bad, very bad. It uses the analogy where someone walks into a room and immediately notices the unmistakeable odor, and has to figure out who to blame while the current occupants of the room do one of:

a) pretend that they don't notice, and all is well
b) try to look innocent
c) furtively point or glare at someone else
d) look furious that someone stunk up the room and demand loudly "who cut the cheese"

Opening a window or masking the odor is not allowed. You must blame someone, or take one of actions a-d. Action d makes you executive material.

The game has no end.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom