We are primarily male...

RonBoyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
According to Quantcast (whatever that is) we are.

The site attracts a primarily male, more affluent, more educated crowd.

and 11.7% of us visit Steves-Digacams.com.

I didn't know that... nor did I know about Steve.

I, for one, am glad we have some female members on here.........:)

I'm a little concerned about the word, "primarily." ;) Does that mean that most of the guys here are less than 100% male.

I'm a little concerned about the word, "primarily." ;) Does that mean that most of the guys here are less than 100% male.
I was thinking the opposite. I thought it meant I should be able to stand up and pee. :blush:

my yoga teacher keeps talking about my female side but my male side doesn't really want to know...

Make a poll on here and see if the numbers are close.

Jim
somebody did that a few years ago i think...
someone could do a new one and compare the two and see if any progress in bringing more women in...

my yoga teacher keeps talking about my female side but my male side doesn't really want to know...

Weird how if you are pleasant and listen to a woman till she finishes without interrupting her, and look at her as if she is a real human being and not just a need-fixer it is your feminine side.

Can men not have these traits on their own? Sounds like just more of the old "sugar 'n spice and everything nice", vs. "nails and snails and puppy dog tails". A bit annoying.

Ha

I've been bucking gender stereotypes my entire life. But you guys tend to have it a lot tougher as far as "approved" male behavior. :rolleyes:
I personally like to keep the male vs female traits limited to anatomy and let people be themselves.
Now where did I leave my toolbox? I feel a need to go rebuild another carburetor...:LOL:

Weird how if you are pleasant and listen to a woman till she finishes without interrupting her, and look at her as if she is a real human being and not just a need-fixer it is your feminine side.

Can men not have these traits on their own? Sounds like just more of the old "sugar 'n spice and everything nice", vs. "nails and snails and puppy dog tails". A bit annoying.

Ha

Stereotypes: a male being a decent human being is somewhat suspect.

Definitely annoying.

I've been bucking gender stereotypes my entire life. But you guys tend to have it a lot tougher as far as "approved" male behavior. :rolleyes:
I personally like to keep the male vs female traits limited to anatomy and let people be themselves.
Now where did I leave my toolbox? I feel a need to go rebuild another carburetor...:LOL:

What she said.:cool:

Beyond anatomy it's all individual and negotiable.
(retired computer geek)

Sewing?

I bought a sewing machine for my ex SO, and he was very good at creating and repairing things.
My wife has recently caught the knitting bug and she seems determined to eventually get me hooked on it, too.

I've resisted so far.

I wonder how they know all this information. Despite a pretty good background in market research and some very obsolete knowledge of web tracking, I couldn't make sense of the jargon in the QuantCast methodology report.

Actually no need to do a poll the administrators have access to our gender information. If they want they could just look at the people who visited the site in the last month and generate a report.

It might be that the data that they have for this site is just based on if the person who signed up for the internet access is male or female.

Polls can be inaccurate especially if you are asking questions that people feel like they have to brag about or if it's a poll where it's like a "are you a victim of" poll....especially in person.

But asking about gender in an anonymous poll should give you a pretty good idea.....no reason to lie really.

What would be interesting to play with on that site that tells the gender of sites visited is to see what it would show for sites that would likely interest almost all male or almost all female.

Jim

Statistics: 3583 of our members describe themselves as male
1192 as female
133 as undisclosed

These are not totally accurate as some users joined before you had to pick one of the above and the field is blank. I couldn't figure out how to search for those who never chose a gender. Wait, it looks like 7471 users so the number that never disclosed gender is pretty high.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom