What are you wearing in retirement ?

jeans, sweatshirts, flannel shirts, cargo pants, hiking boots in winter
shorts, t shirts, running shoes in summer

Blue jeans, t shirts in summer, flannel shirts in winter, pretty much the same as on days off.

Well, two years ago I did wear a suit and tie to a wedding. Had to use one of those sticky roller things to clean the dust off the suit.

img_1289933_0_4179b0510db7178807b6e605903551a7.jpg

I wear jean 6-7 days a week in winter, shorts most days in summer (after retiring Jun 11, I didn't wear long pants even once until sometime that Oct). Khakis are usually as dressed up as I get, probably put on a suit 4-5 times all last year (wedding, X-Mas parties, etc.). Mostly wear polos or t-shirts, just with long sleeves in winter, or a sweater/sweatshirt sometimes. Laundry and especially ironing have become a heck of a lot easier. :)

Last edited:
:bow: I am sooooo jealous. I still have to wear my uniform everyday and sometimes even Saturday and Sunday like this weekend. 4 more years and it will be my turn. :dance:

I'm wearing all my old jeans and T shirts, even if they have holes, although I did pull out some businesslike stuff last week when I did some consulting. Clothes spending so far since ER has been $5 for a pair of pantyhose. And that was a "just in case". I hate the things! Dry cleaning bill: $0.

OMG, and here all this time I thought you were male. I almost spit out my breakfast when I read you had to buy pantyhose!

Ya learn something new every day. :D

Jeans and a tee-shirt........when I feel like getting "all dressed up", that is.

I'm not retired but a happy day for me is when I can put on blue jeans and a sweater or t-shirt. Pure comfort.

Mostly I like to wear old, comfortable jeans, t-shirts and sneakers. But recently I realized I have a closet full of the clothes that I used to wear to w*rk but have no occasion to wear anymore - so I've been dressing more business casual at home or when I go out running errands. On days when I want to be really comfy, sweatpants and slippers.

at home cold weather - bathrobe
at home warm weather - undershirt and cut off hospital pants

in town cold weather - overalls and jacket
in town warm weather - short pants and white tee shirt.

DW is only slightly embarrassed by my attire.....too bad.... :)

Well, when I retire..........as little as possible?? :)

Yoga pants, shirts, jeans, sandals, flip flops, sneakers, capris, tanks....:)
It sucked when I had to dress up for my wedding last year....8 hours of hell wearing heels and an indian wedding outfit! never again!

Clothes spending so far since ER has been $5 for a pair of pantyhose. And that was a "just in case". I hate the things! Dry cleaning bill: $0.

Since retirement I have worn panty hose once to my niece's wedding . Hate those things .

Once I retired, I gave away all my suits and ties. Once we moved, I gave away all my winter gear. Now, I own 2 pair of pants (primarily for the long plane trip to the midwest or if I get an invite to a military base.) Otherwise I wear shorts and T-shirts (for dress up, I wear Aloha shirts with the shorts). I do NOT own flip flops as I must wear orthotics (inside my "running' shoes.) My small side of the closet has a total of 20 shirts, 4 shorts. Her side... is steadily encroaching on my side.:facepalm:

Life is good. YMMV

Here, you'll appreciate this from Doghouse Diaries. A great graphic explaining how shared closets really work!
DOGHOUSE | Battle of Closet Space

For casual wear - sweat pants/tees/sneakers in winter; shorts/tees/sneakers in summer, for work - dockers/flannel shirts in winter; dockers/golf shirts in summer. Have 10+ suits hanging in closet that haven't been used in years:dance:

When sleeping - naky

:cool:
Dawg... Ya look like a truck driver.

Attachments

• happy-clown.jpg
    happy-clown.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Depends..:D..... on the weather.

Summer: shorts, T shirt, flipflops.
Winter, Spring, Fall: as much stuff as will keep me warm, and still be able to move with ease.

ls99 said:
Depends..:D..... on the weather.

Summer: shorts, T shirt, flipflops.
Winter, Spring, Fall: as much stuff as will keep me warm, and still be able to move with ease.

With you on the summer wardrobe. Winter: I should never have bought a pair of pajama pants a few years ago. Now that is all I wear when I am home with long sleeve tshirts. I can't wait to get home in winter anymore from whatever I am doing so I can put them back on.

Back
Top Bottom