What are your average minutes of cell phone use monthly? Max?

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
On average, I am using about 2500 min/month. I have reached 4000 minutes once. I have no landline.

you?

Yeah. This is a real sore spot with me. We have two cell phones... and a landline. (And, essentially, have no choice in the matter.)

Wireless Minutes.JPG

I'm not much of a talker. My plan allows for 300 minutes/month. I usually use less than 100 minutes. I have no land line.

We have two cell phones and a landline. We normally use about 250 minutes a month between the two cells, and about 120 minutes a month long-distance on the landline.

We have 2 cellphones and a land-line. The combined cellphones total about 5-10 minutes per month. Once in a blue moon, I might use a whopping 30 minutes if I call one of my gabby friends. But she usually calls my land-line, and spends her nickel. As for the land-line....we normally average about 15-20 minutes a month...or less!!!

Obviously we're not 'talkers'.....at least not on phones!

Around 100 minutes a month on cell (prepaid t-mobile) for long distance -- I usually buy 1000 minutes every 10-12 months for $88 or so. Since the landline costs only $16 a month, I keep it for local and incoming calls. This works well since friends/relatives call the landline when I'm home, keeping the cell usage down.

We have two cell phones and a landline. The landline is on Verizon's Freedom plan which is unlimited long distance, a "necessity" since DW can easily spend an hour more on the phone with her sister or SIL. Every day. If there is a major event such as a wedding coming up that time will double.

The cell phones are Tracfones (no contract) and I use mine perhaps 3 or 4 minutes a month at most, DW perhaps ten minutes.

I use about 5 minutes a year on my cell phone. I mostly carry it so I can call if I'll be late somewhere or to call 911. I tend to be prompt and the 911 operators aren't that chatty.

We also have 2 cell phones and a landline. I recently upped our cell plan from 700 to 1200 minutes. The reason? We have such poor sound quality on the land line that it's almost impossible to use. After 3 years of arguing with the phone company about this, I'm out of energy.

Less than 5 minutes per month. We switched to prepaid phones for just this reason.

We have no land line, and cell usage is less than 60 minutes /mo. I make calls to the UK every week to my Dad and sister and for this I use Skype PC to phone. It works really well - and only costs 2.1c/minute for UK calls. All our other relatives in the USA and UK either have Skype or MS Messenger so those calls are no charge.

We have 3 cell phones and 2 land lines (2 homes). The 3 cells are for us and DD, using an AT&T family plan. We'd have my Mom on it too, but Sprint is the only system that reaches down in the boonies where she lives.

The land lines don't get too much use. One is included in the townhouse HOA fee (phone, internet, cable) so we don't have a choice. The other is basically free (retirement perk from Megacorp) and functions as a fax and a way to screen cold calls. Plus I use it for 800 number calls when I'm going to be fighting my way through VRUs and bureaucracies.

The three cell phones get a workout, well over 1000 minutes/month. Not to mention the 2000-3000 text messages on daughter's phone every month. DW and I knock off at least 2 or 3 per month each. A fairly expensive set up, but it's worth it for us, given the scattered aspect of the family.

Two cells and two land-lines (one's connected for faxing--wow, are we in the dark ages--last time I had something to fax, to an insurance company, the recipient suggested I scan it and attach it to an e-mail instead and said that would make our signatures valid vs. faxing (I didn't get that either, but oh well)).

I watch the young'uns walk around talking on their cels (and affluent moms driving in SUVs) and am amazed that they have so many people to call and so much to say.

.....<snip>...................I watch the young'uns walk around talking on their cells (and affluent moms driving in SUVs) and am amazed that they have so many people to call and so much to say.

I used to wonder about that and I finally realized they are just talking to each other. :LOL:

My plan has 450 anytime minutes per month, and I use about 200 of them. I mainly keep a cellphone for emergencies when I am out and about as I also have a land line. I don't text or take pictures, etc. and it is not an iPhone or a Blackberry just whatever model is "free" with my plan.

Count me in the low usage prepaid group. I don't think I used half of my $100 last year, and just renewed with another $100 this year. They jacked up the cost/minute, but I realized I was better off renewing with the rollover than trying to find another plan, and I still probably wouldn't use the $100 this year.

About 200 minutes per month over the last year. T-Mobile prepaid.

2Cor521

zero! :LOL:

But if, like thefed, I had no landline, I'd be over 4000 a month (assuming I still had dial-up internet as I do now). If I did my math right, 4000 minutes a month is about 2.3 hours per day. I am almost always online longer than that.

Oh - it's really low. We purchase the minimum we can, and still are way under.

I don't have a landline - what is that?

Audrey

I don't have a landline - what is that?

And another one you will hear -- POTS. (Plain Old Telephone Service)

"Landline" is slang for the type of telephone service we all had before Wireless (Cell) phones.

"Landline" is slang for the type of telephone service we all had before Wireless (Cell) phones.
I know, I was being facetious. I haven't had one in 5 years, so sometimes it's hard to imagine why one would want to be tethered to a landline - or tethered to anything for that matter, like a house. ;)

Audrey

I have a landline for my dsl and long distance.
On the cell, we average less than 10 minutes a month :rolleyes:

Why so much? ... just chatty I guess.

4 of us share 1500 cell phone minutes a month, and I have a landline I rarely use. I keep the landline for DSL and to fax occasionally.

Back
Top Bottom