What Did You Eat Today?

Lentil stew with dry-rubbed bacon for lunch, and pizza for dinner.

Last edited:
image-1757224997.jpg

Dinner tonight...lamb chops, veggies & a salad.

Breakfast...coffee and a banana
Lunch....cup of blueberry yogurt
Supper...small pork chop, applesauce, sweet potato slices cooked in olive oil and a glass of wine

No chicken or green veggies swallowed today. :D

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with cheese and some vegetables from the garden
Lunch: salad with many vegetables and much protein
Supper: fish (sheepshead) caught this morning and some frozen vegetables.

Today was a simple food day as I had a couple of restaurant meals this week and anticipate some more next week.

Brunch: home made vegetable soup, sandwich of lettuce, tomato, cheese, red onion, pickle and mayo on sourdough bread.
Supper: handful of pecans, San Pellegrino.

Breakfast: two eggs (scrambled), with some spinach and cheese mixed in. One orange. Cup of tea.

Lunch: two soft tacos, stuffed with chicken, fresh salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese, romaine lettuce.

Dinner: headed to a friend's house for smoked brisket (yum...he is cooking it slowly all day long over oak and mesquite wood), some kind of potato/green bean side dish, and strawberry shortcake. Dinner will be the highlight of the day :)

Brunch: Greek yogurt, fruit, cheese bread, organic coffee

Dinner: charcuterie, glass of Pinot Grigio

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 12
Breakfast: mushroom spinach cheese omelet on small
Lunch: boneless pork ribs with salad
followed by bit more than mile walk to saloon for glass of wine
Supper: home made reubens
Breakfast - eggs, mixed grilled veg.
lunch - burger and salad
dinner - ribs and mixed veg.

I recently read about a family-owned place in town that has been making sausages and cold cuts for 50 years. So, yesterday we drove 15 miles one-way to check it out. I bought some headcheese (no grocery stores around here carry that anymore), and tasso ham.

Today, I had a lunch sandwich with the head cheese and pâté. Am now looking at some recipes to make jambalaya with the tasso ham for dinner. I also have on hand some hot sausage links for the jambalaya. Life is good!

We had Lobster macaroni & cheese . My So fell in love with it so now I have recreated the recipe at home .One of the nice things about retirement is time to experiment with new recipes.

I skipped breakfast and had lunch with friends here:

http://www.bohemiancater.com/menu/lunch/

I had lemon chicken soup and the mango chicken salad in a wrap, which came with a side of broccoli and cranberry salad. Delicious and healthy!

Dark beer beef stew with mashed potatoes is what's for dinner:

13116804275_97030ac563_c.jpg

That menu looks great !

It is. This was my first time at this restaurant. I am fortunate to live in a wine region with an abundance of good eateries. But I quite agree, one of the pleasures of ER is having the time to be more creative with home cooking. If you would care to share your Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe…..?

I recently read about a family-owned place in town that has been making sausages and cold cuts for 50 years. So, yesterday we drove 15 miles one-way to check it out. I bought some headcheese (no grocery stores around here carry that anymore), and tasso ham.

Today, I had a lunch sandwich with the head cheese and pâté. Am now looking at some recipes to make jambalaya with the tasso ham for dinner. I also have on hand some hot sausage links for the jambalaya. Life is good!
Tasso? Lucky you! we made a sweet potato Tasso soup last week that was beyond yummy

It is. This was my first time at this restaurant. I am fortunate to live in a wine region with an abundance of good eateries. But I quite agree, one of the pleasures of ER is having the time to be more creative with home cooking. If you would care to share your Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe…..?

Here is the recipe I use but maybe halve it as it makes a lot .Lobster Mac and Cheese Recipe : Ina Garten : Food Network

5 prunes
Bowl of bean soup with chicken
Couple of handfuls of cashews
Grilled salmon with rice and asparagus

1209 calories

I don't do this often but today...

1. 1 lb of frozen lima beans smothered in butter. Well, I cooked 'em first. Yes, I ate the whole bag.
2. 1 Golden Delicious apple. Might get another one later.

That's it.

So, I got curious as I do not eat lima beans that often. Must have been years since I ate them, as I cannot remember that last time...

Anyway, I have to look it up. A pound or 454 grams of lima beans has surprisingly very few calories. It's just 504 calories, and that comes from 93 g of carb, 35 g of protein. It has 31 g of fiber, and 0 g of fat. But it has also 0, absolutely 0 vitamins, and 2.3 g of potassium.

Of course, there's the calories from the butter. :) Still, that would not add up to the calories I normally have just for lunch. I am a BIG eater, and can stay relatively thin. Must be high metabolic rate, as I sleep with a portable fan blowing on me or at least my face year round, including in the winter.

Last edited:
Interesting bit of knowledge from public TV broadcast.....I drink diet coke to save the calories.....big gulp before lunch, 12 oz most evenings....saving around 300 calories each day compared to regular coke. Then the public tv show about food advised me that the artificial sweetener in diet drinks creates a craving for sugar......and, I've always said I get my most hungry after I finish dinner......didn't know why. So, yesterday I switched from diet soda to water with lemon and I was amazed......my hunger after dinner almost disappeared. Today, I've avoided diet soda as well and I really am less hungry. I've always fought gaining weight but really got serious when I became a pre diabetic a few years ago. This one change appears to really help control hunger which will help me enjoy every meal more since I'll be able to eat a little less and won't have the nightime urge to snack as much. Actually, my blog would be better for "what I didn't eat today" but this change is so simple and healthy, I just wanted to share it for all of the type 2 and pre diabetics that might benefit as I have from this change.

I don't do this often but today...

1. 1 lb of frozen lima beans smothered in butter. Well, I cooked 'em first. Yes, I ate the whole bag.
2. 1 Golden Delicious apple. Might get another one later.

That's it.

Ahem! Better turn the A/C on now!

Back
Top Bottom