What Did You Eat Today?

Breakfast: Wheat toast w/margarine and 'homemade' green juice (I call it drinking my vegetables)

Lunch: Leftover chile rellanos casserole from last night, plus an apple. Really good Cooking Light recipe, which I made vegetarian by just leaving out the chicken: 1995: Chiles Rellenos Casserole < Cooking Light's 25 Best Recipes Ever - Cooking Light
I roasted poblano chiles rather than buying canned.

Dinner: Vegetarian chili made with a bottle of beer (good stuff!) and topped with sour cream & cilantro, salad and cornbread. Strawberries for dessert.

Breakfast: Steel cut oatmeal, 4-egg white omelet, 4 pieces lean ham, half avocado.

Pre-Training: protein shake, banana, pecans.

Post-Training: Swiss steak with rice and veggies.

Dinner: Chicken breast and a salad.

Snack: Tuna and some walnuts.

Last edited:
Breakfast: Coffee with milk, probiotic yogurt with raspberries and muesli.

Late lunch/early dinner: Dublin coddle (my version, with mushrooms, red peppers, fresh herbs, garlic, tricolor baby potatoes and Guinness)

Dublin Coddle

Breakfast: coffee with h/h and coconut oil, 2 eggs, 2 bacon

Lunch: 1/2 cup full fat yogurt w/pecans, cinnamon and flax seed

Dinner 1.5 brats, salad with oil/vinegar

1274 calories, 28 carbs

Been doing atkins for 4 weeks and lost 15 lbs so far. I know it's not the best, but this is the 4th time I've done it in the past 10 years and it simply works. My Triglycerides were 244 at last checkup and I'm sure they'll be down significantly at the next bloodwork.

*SIGH* Food poisoning yesterday, so:

Breakfast: Weak tea with sugar
Lunch: Weak tea with sugar
Dinner: Weak tea with sugar. I may brave a slice of toast & jam later.

I wanted something refreshing for lunch today so I made a caprese sandwich. I washed it down with some iced green tea (homemade, unsweetened).

13293219533_fcabcda74d_c.jpg

FIRE'd the sandwich looks delish! What kind of bread did you use? Thanks for posting the picture.

We are going to have corned beef with cabbage and potatoes for dinner tonight. Late for St. Patrick day, but better than not...

No, no Irish gene here, but an occasional corned beef meal hits the spot.

We are going to have corned beef with cabbage and potatoes for dinner tonight. Late for St. Patrick day, but better than not...

No, no Irish gene here, but an occasional corned beef meal hits the spot.
That's exactly what we had tonight. :)

I've been told I'm Irish, Dutch and American Indian. Who wouldah thunk it?

Dirty Mushrooms

I have become a fan of button mushrooms, but have always wondered about the little bits of black stuff that are stuck to some of the store boughtin little tubs.
Not all... cuz the ones that cost $2.00 or more are mostly very clean, but since I prefer the $.69 price range, have always wondered about the why's and wherefores.
Are those black specks really dried cow dung? Am I likely to get sick? haven't yet... in the past three or four years of eating them.
Should I wash them all when I get home?
They were in the veggie section cooler when I bought them. Do they need refrigeration?
Is there a way to store them so they don't turn brown?
So I looked up "dirty mushrooms" and this is what popped up.

FAQs about Mushrooms: Are they Very Dirty or Very Clean? | Shelf Life Advice

Now I know what to do...:)

From the link you provided, I got this:"The dark specks you might see on mushrooms in the store are bits of peat moss." So, it is all right.

I do not eat raw mushrooms and always cook them, so never worry that much about the dark specks, although the thought of them possibly being manure never crosses my mind.

Leftover pizza for "brunch". At our favorite Mexican restaurant, Enchiladas Del Norte for dinner. Gonna be some Bluebell ice cream very shortly for dessert while we watch a Redbox flick. Or two flicks.

I made fideua for dinner today. This time, I used some ground beef instead of chicken or shrimp/squid as customarily used. Oh, quelle horreur! :nonono:

I shall go into hiding now from the Spanish Inquisition. :hide:

If caught, I will plead for leniency saying that I did use a few slices of Spanish chorizo hard sausage I had left, but that was not enough and the ground beef was used as a protein supplement. :bow:

PS. I used 1/2 lb of vermicelli for 2 people. DW and I ate it up after having a small salad. There was no left over. Hey, it was not bad even if not authentic.

Last edited:
Didn't each much during the day, but for supper we had peas, sweet potato cobbler and pork loin. This was my first time making a sweet potato cobbler and I was flying by the seat of my pants. Turned out pretty good...next time I think I'll add apples.

Attachments

• DSC05541.jpg
    DSC05541.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 17
Didn't each much during the day, but for supper we had peas, sweet potato cobbler and pork loin. This was my first time making a sweet potato cobbler and I was flying by the seat of my pants. Turned out pretty good...next time I think I'll add apples.

Yum, yum....that looks so good!

Chicken slathered with my home made pesto.

Sent from somewhere in the world with whatever device I can get my hands on.

2 eggs over easy, bacon, rye toast, coffee. At the favorite greasy spoon. After morning workout.

Some crackers, an apple, a banana, and a four-egg omelet with diced ham and jalapeno peppers, finished off with cheddar cheese.

Back
Top Bottom