What Did You Eat Today?

New potatoes with butter, lemon, and parsley, salmon with dried cherries and orange juice and a sprinkle of Penzey's north woods seasoning, green salad.

Breakfast - coffee, 1/2 muffin

Lunch - McDonald's salad - Grilled chicken over lettuce and tomatoes (ranch dressing). Coffee

Dinner - 1/2 Chicken sandwich, a few chips. Diet coke.

All this on the way to San Antonio and back.:blush:

Are you on a low cal diet or what.. I would be starved by the end of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

My standard breakfast these days is a 2 egg omelet with a cup of sautéed spinach, mushrooms, and onions in it, some spicy pico de gallo (with a little added fresh jalapeno), and shredded cheese. Delicious, and it follows my newish "Eat Fat, Get Thin" style of eating. I don't get hungry for dinner until 7 pm or later after that.

I'm doing the same--ketogenic diet for 5 weeks now. I really like it. Tonight is my last night in Hawaii. Today I had a fried egg and two strips of bacon, coffee and a little cream. Lunch was baby kale and half an avocado, with lemon juice and olive oil and two thin slices of cheese. Dinner was 4 oz of grilled ahi, an ounce of my husband's leftover steak, steamed kale, some asparagus topped with mayo, and 5 oz of wine. I snacked on some macadamia nuts-maybe about 10.

Bacon eggs and oatnut toast.

This is our weekly lunch together, DW loves the local brewery. It's stout month so there's even more choices.

I had a cup of chille with a Bacon Stout.

DW had a Coffee Stout with the fish and beer battered chips. The dish is unique in that they use salmon for the fish. Doesn't seem right till you try it.

Tonight's ribs are rubbed and in the fridge. Head of cabbage for a light cole slaw.

Today bfst and lunch centered around what I made yesterday (for the first time)- Tartine sourdough bread. Even though I messed up the loaf a bit getting into Dutch oven it was best we've ever had, including some pretty swank restaraunts. So for breakfast, an egg on a slice of it toasted. Lunch....open faced sandwichs, one with homemade olive tapenade and the other with goat cheese and prosciutto. Sadly, we're going out for dinner w friends for DW birthday at our favorite restaurant, so none of it tonight! :LOL:

Today bfst and lunch centered around what I made yesterday (for the first time)- Tartine sourdough bread. Even though I messed up the loaf a bit getting into Dutch oven it was best we've ever had, including some pretty swank restaraunts. So for breakfast, an egg on a slice of it toasted. Lunch....open faced sandwichs, one with homemade olive tapenade and the other with goat cheese and prosciutto. Sadly, we're going out for dinner w friends for DW birthday at our favorite restaurant, so none of it tonight! :LOL:
Your bread sounds great! I used to make bread.. making the biga and all that, but never turned out as good as Acme bread from Berkeley (not even close. I wasn't a very good bread maker at all.) Sourdough bread from there used to be my favorite.

Last edited:
One fried egg with 1.5 bacon and left over turkey soup for brekky, and a small piece of Italian socca bread (made from chickpea flour. If you never tried it, I recommend it. So easy and tasty especially if you do not eat wheat) with a sprinkle of cheese and roasted mackerel pieces for lunch. I think I am going to have 4 meals today...

Last edited:
For lunch had a fantastic french dip sandwich with french onion soup for the dip!

no breakfast. Shoveled a lot of snow this morning, even did some for my elderly neighbor, so rewarded myself with 2 huge slices of leftover pizza (nuked) and am on third pint of a most excellent English strong ale. Probably home made salmon cakes for dinner.

Hit Nations on the way to the hardware store and had my fav, 2 eggs over easy with hash browns, ham and English muffin with a glass of milk.

Oatmeal with banana and berries for breakfast. Chicken sandwich for lunch. Tonight will be leftover ribs and coleslaw.

Breakfast: rice Chex with skim milk and Splenda, one mug of coffee with creamer.

Lunch: a small Caesar salad (side salad size), with water to drink.

Dinner: haven't decided yet. Probably dry grilled chicken breast and frozen mixed veggies.

Nothing fancy. One of the advantages to living alone, is that I don't have to [-]waste my precious time[/-] spend a whole lot of time cooking if I don't want to that day.

Last edited:
I have been eating some tidbits that I found up in the high-country home, besides the fresh fruits that I brought up. Went through the pantry and found some rotten potatoes (so that explained the smell, phew), and some dessicated cupcakes.

Of course a lot of the above food is beyond redemption. But how about these half-dozen prunes that are now as dry as raisins? Do I throw them out? Hmmm.... I put them in a pot with some water, and heat it gently on the stove top for 1 hour. They are now rehydrated, and look juicy and good to eat.

They are not going to kill me, so I am going for it.

I have been eating some tidbits that I found up in the high-country home, besides the fresh fruits that I brought up. Went through the pantry and found some rotten potatoes (so that explained the smell, phew), and some dessicated cupcakes.

Of course a lot of the above food is beyond redemption. But how about these half-dozen prunes that are now as dry as raisins? Do I throw them out? Hmmm.... I put them in a pot with some water, and heat it gently on the stove top for 1 hour. They are now rehydrated, and look juicy and good to eat.

Blech!!! :sick: Throw them away! They sound disgusting. :)

Breakfast was a premade chef salad with iceberg lettuce, smoked ham, smoked turkey breast and a bit of Swiss cheese and a little cup of ranch dressing. To this I added two slices of deli Swiss cheese cut up, three slices of pepperoni from the deli cut up, sliced jalapeno peppers, and a cut-up red onion, followed by another teaspoon or so of ranch dressing. This holds me for most of the day.

A late lunch was a bowl of berries. The store sells their own brand of stuff, and one item we like is a bag of frozen strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. Nuke that for a couple of minutes to thaw and let sit out for a few more minutes to let the still-frozen parts thaw. Then top that off with a generous helping of whipped cream.

Well, it's mostly healthy stuff.:D

As a kid DM kept them around for when GPs visited. First ones I ever ate were hard as rocks, they hydrate slightly in the mouth. ;) They don't go bad.

There's no mold or mildew on them. The only thing wrong is they got overdried. Now that they get plummed up and soft, they are good as new.

I raised the temperature to boiling for a few minutes, so any germ gets killed. Tasted the bit of the juice with a teaspoon, and it wasn't bad. If I stopped posting soon, you know what happens to me. :)

Oh, as Robbie likes to post photos of his food all the time, here's mine to match.

Last edited:
Breakfast was a premade chef salad with iceberg lettuce, smoked ham, smoked turkey breast and a bit of Swiss cheese and a little cup of ranch dressing. To this I added two slices of deli Swiss cheese cut up, three slices of pepperoni from the deli cut up, sliced jalapeno peppers, and a cut-up red onion, followed by another teaspoon or so of ranch dressing. This holds me for most of the day.

A late lunch was a bowl of berries. The store sells their own brand of stuff, and one item we like is a bag of frozen strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. Nuke that for a couple of minutes to thaw and let sit out for a few more minutes to let the still-frozen parts thaw. Then top that off with a generous helping of whipped cream.

Well, it's mostly healthy stuff.:D

Your meals sound great! I am like you; I eat non breakfast meals for breakfast all the time. And I have frozen berries and whipping cream. Guess what I am having for dessert tonight ;)

Last edited:
Breakfast was english muffin and slice of sausage, lunch was a slice of sharp cheddar cheese with an apple and tonights dinner was Quinoa cooked in bone broth with roasted vegetables, slice of whole wheat sourdough toast. Now my favorite after dinner drink: Limeade and Chambord.
Oh, and a piece of Sees chocolate butter cream--early Valentines from DH!

There's no mold or mildew on them. The only thing wrong is they got overdried. Now that they get plummed up and soft, they are good as new.

I raised the temperature to boiling for a few minutes, so any germ gets killed. Tasted the bit of the juice with a teaspoon, and it wasn't bad. If I stopped posting soon, you know what happens to me. :)
I can see the headlines now:

"Eccentric Local Multimillionaire with Two Houses and an RV and more, Dies in Agony Before His Time Because he is Too Cheap to Buy a New Box of Prunes". :LOL:

(Just teasing! Good idea to boil them at least.)

Breakfast burrito and hash browns, banana
Meat loaf, kale & spinach salad, banana
Baked chicken, fried sweet potato slices, kale & spinach salad

For lunch I made a stir fry with onions, tomatoes, lima beans and shrimp. For dinner we went out for Mexican food. I ordered grilled tequila lime chicken, black beans and a green salad with raspberry dressing.

A fried egg and a bacon with tons of sauteed savoy cabbage for breakfast, spring green salad mix with warm beef for lunch, and so far, sauteed summer squash with fresh basil, parmesan, and garlic (very raw and hot :eek:) Summer meal in the snowy winter...

Last edited:

Oh, as Robbie likes to post photos of his food all the time, here's mine to match.

How are you today??

Back
Top Bottom