What happened to the "Discovery Channel" of old?

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
You know....lions attacking zebras....african safaris....reptiles....monkeys in the wild....etc

I want my son to watch some of this fascinating footage, but cant seem to locate any shows on cable for him. I scanned thru Discovery, which was the only option 15 yrs aga, and it's full of remodeling shows and the like. Nat'l Geographic channel has a show called Explorer that might pan out...I just Tivo'd some shows. Animal planet is about dogs and cats and...well, nothing else.

Any suggestions? Lately we've been learning about predators via YouTube footage...but he's curious and I want to feed the curiosity!

We don't have cable, so I don't have any ideas on what has changed. Do you have Netflix? They have tons of National Geographic, Nova, kids movies/wildlife shows, etc. You probably don't want him watching more than an hour a day anyway, and you can see something different every day with a 3-4 DVD-at-a-time subscription. With a DVD you can choose when to watch, no need to Tivo. Also, the library will have some good stuff.

Books.

Books.

Books.

Do you get the channel Animal Planet?

(The Discovery Channel seems to have split into various specialized channels.)

Edit: Nevermind. I should read more completely.

Back
Top Bottom