What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Carburetor Overhaul kit for my portable generator that hasn’t been started for 4 yrs. They sent me 3 kits instead of 1.

Miracle Gro Palm Tree food that local big box stores do not carry.

Both these were ordered and delivered next day. I can’t understand how they do that. It’s as if they know what I’m going to order before I do. I wasted a day going to local stores that don’t stock these items.

This: (10' x 20')

51-AuXGPycL._SL1200_.jpg

Bluetooth speaker for my wife, she likes to listen to internet stations on her phone.

Jackery Explorer 240 Portable Power Station.

Had a different brand portable power station that no longer takes a charge. So decided to get a nice fancy one :cool:.

Attachments

• jackery power.jpg
    jackery power.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 26
A pressure washer gauge so I won't have to guess what pressure I'm using, a DuPont full-body Tyvek coverall suit for painting with the airless sprayer, some garden hose shut-off valves to turn off the water at the hose end when desired, a respirator mask and filters for painting (also good for other nasty stuff that I don't plan on going anywhere near) a book The Long Way Home about a Pan American B-314 flying boat that made an unplanned flight around the world when they got caught up in the start of American involvement in WWII, and an impulse purchase, a book, Watching Paint Dry: Stories From The Trade. When I've read it, it'll probably be donated to the library.

Interestingly, even though I wasn't really in a hurry for this stuff, it's all going to be delivered tomorrow, a Sunday.

Adidas clay court shoes. Tough Pro all weather laser cut floor mats for the Benz. A reel of Yellow Jacket Poly tennis string.

Well, the unthinkable finally happened. I am now a Prime member for the next 12 months. Jeff Bezos' gang suckered me in with a free 2 month trial. I don't think I would have tried Prime were it not for having purchased my used camper van. Prime allowed me to order all manner of RV-related items, and have them delivered swiftly, for free.

I began listing all 22 items I have purchased during the trial period, but it's a long, dull list, and goes against the thread title of only listing one purchase. It's a lot of RV stuff though - hoses, sealants, polishing compounds, buffing tools, smoke, propane, and CO detectors, flooring, hinges, door catches, batteries, fans, switches, pots and pans. All manner of doo-hickeys!

This morning my free trial ended, and Amazon charged me for a full year of Prime. The first thing I purchase, now that I am a "proper" member, will probably be bathroom tissue or, as we call it in the UK, toilet roll. Might as well have it delivered, rather than schlep it back from Target on my bicycle. I do like how easy they make it to return things. I have had cause to return 2 items during this trial. Each time, all I had to do was take the item to my local UPS store, and show them the QR code for the return on my phone. I don't have to box or pack the item at all, as they take care of that. Even better, there is no extra charge for the return. I will not purposely take advantage of this generous return policy, but it does give me confidence when purchasing.

Last edited:
Well, the unthinkable finally happened. I am now a Prime member for the next 12 months.
I joined Prime for the free expedited shipping, but have kept it because of Amazon Prime Music, and Video. I do Netflix BluRay discs, and when they run out, I watch Prime videos on the Roku! Well worth the ~$120 annually, IMHO.

Smoke? You have to order that from Amazon? Can't you just make your own? That way it's fresh and warm, right off the fire...or shorted electrical component. :)

Well, I thought about it, but they were offering same-day shipping. All that trouble to generate a little smoke in the RV vs one click and sitting back, waiting for it to be delivered? What can I say - I'm lazy :LOL:

Some gears to repair my garage door opener. I don't do Prime - I generally don't order until I've reached the free shipping threshold.

I’m impressed at how easy it was to make a return using Prime Wardrobe. All I had to do was take the garment to the nearest UPS Store and show them a QR code on my phone. No box, no form, no postage.

Well, the unthinkable finally happened. I am now a Prime member for the next 12 months. Jeff Bezos' gang suckered me in with a free 2 month trial. I don't think I would have tried Prime were it not for having purchased my used camper van. Prime allowed me to order all manner of RV-related items, and have them delivered swiftly, for free.

I began listing all 22 items I have purchased during the trial period, but it's a long, dull list, and goes against the thread title of only listing one purchase. It's a lot of RV stuff though - hoses, sealants, polishing compounds, buffing tools, smoke, propane, and CO detectors, flooring, hinges, door catches, batteries, fans, switches, pots and pans. All manner of doo-hickeys!

This morning my free trial ended, and Amazon charged me for a full year of Prime. The first thing I purchase, now that I am a "proper" member, will probably be bathroom tissue or, as we call it in the UK, toilet roll. Might as well have it delivered, rather than schlep it back from Target on my bicycle. I do like how easy they make it to return things. I have had cause to return 2 items during this trial. Each time, all I had to do was take the item to my local UPS store, and show them the QR code for the return on my phone. I don't have to box or pack the item at all, as they take care of that. Even better, there is no extra charge for the return. I will not purposely take advantage of this generous return policy, but it does give me confidence when purchasing.
Get on Prime Video and binge watch. Adds value to the yearly fee.

I'm Gonna Need a Bigger Boat

The internal backup drive for my desktop is getting a bit tight in space, so I just ordered a Seagate 4TB Hard drive for about $80.

I returned a small biometric firearm safe and bought one that uses codes. The biometric safe wasn't safe. I should have known by the reviews- lots of great ones, written by non-English speakers.

Just ordered a second tire repair kit, one for each vehicle.

I returned a small biometric firearm safe and bought one that uses codes. The biometric safe wasn't safe.

I had one of those for a while a long time ago until I read something like this:

Kids Can Open Gun Safes With Straws and Paper Clips, Researchers Say

a 3-year-old boy lifted the safe a couple of inches off the floor and set it down, causing the door to spring open.
The fingerprint reader was irrelevant except to provide them a hole through which to get to the locking mechanism. They simply pushed the fingerprint reader in, and used the hole for the reader to insert a wire and move the solenoid responsible for opening the lock.

:facepalm:

I bought a conversion hose to use a 20lb propane tank with my new Blackstone Griddle but it doesn’t fit the tank. It is not as described but looking closely it does match the picture on Amazon.
Time to try the Amazon returns at Kohl’s program. We like Kohl’s anyway so I wasn’t surprised how easy it was. I WAS surprised they gave me 25% discount coupon for next purchase at Kohl’s.

What is it?

I'm leasing an X3 and bought some no-name rain mats. I think I spent less than $40 all in, compared to hundreds to buy the BMW-branded ones from the local dealer.

What is it?

I'm leasing an X3 and bought some no-name rain mats. I think I spent less than $40 all in, compared to hundreds to buy the BMW-branded ones from the local dealer.

Valve stem caps. I got the BMW OEM all weather mats and cargo mat thrown in for "free" when we picked the car up last week. The front and middle ones are great. The cargo mat is a POS and it went out with the garbage yesterday. I replaced it with one from 3D Maxpyder and it's a lot better.

71%2BENfd9dRL._SL1500_.jpg

This is a curiously popular thread but I’ll play FWIW

Attachments

• FD1DCAA7-7561-4599-B9BD-19105A385B1C.jpeg
    FD1DCAA7-7561-4599-B9BD-19105A385B1C.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom