What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Another bottle of phosphate remover for my pool. This time a different brand to see if it will work better. Concentrated, so $33 for 1 quart.

The last brand ordered from Amazon cost $25 for a 3-quart bottle, and did not fix the algae problem. Nor did the earlier $15 bottles from Home Depot.

Pools are money pits.

Two Gigabit network switches. Going to take advantage of speeds up to 400 Mb/sec that Comcast is delivering (and I am paying for).

Are you hosting ER forum now? My lowly DSL checks out at 25 Mb/sec, and I share it with my wife streaming video on her tablet, and do not feel I am missing anything.

Maybe I don't know what I am missing, but ignorance is bliss. The same as when you have not tasted good booze, you can get drunk and happy on moonshine just the same.

Bought some acrylic shelf dividers to better organize my closet. Want them Monday, or I would have waited for the 6% cash back during Prime days (usually 5% with a Chase Prime credit card), but the .30 was not worth the wait.

Bought a HP chromebook for DW for her trip to Europe next month, along with some Skechers Go-Walk Lite shoes.

For my year old Instant Pot, a replacement silicone sealing ring for the lid—the original was stretched out maybe half an inch, after a year. $7.95, not bad. Really impressed with the Instant Pot.

Flexible gas pipe. When we bought this house, it had a gas furnace, range, water heater and Reliance fake wood stove, so I assumed the dryer was gas, too. That left me with a new gas dryer idling in the garage for the last year while I attended to other matters. I was going to plumb it in with black iron pipe, but between the hassle in the crawl space and the earthquake risk here, I decided to just go with a flexible gas pipe which will be much easier to install.

New White rocker switches, outlets and screwless plates for most of the house. Someone thought shiny jet black was a good look on pastel yellow and beige walls.

Dog spray shower attachment. I don't have a dog, but the attachment is to spray down the walls after cleaning the shower.

Attachments

• dog shower spray.jpg
    dog shower spray.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 17
Parts for a surface air supply system (hookah dive system). I bought a Cressi regulator, breathable air hose, water separator filter, inline air filter and connector adapters. I want to use my oil free compressor to supply air to the regulator so that I can perform underwater repairs and maintenance in my pool. These so called hookah dive systems are pretty expensive considering what they are comprised of. I am building a high quality system at a small fraction of their price.

Amazon in Cahoots With The UPS Store is My Gain

Bought a couple of things from Amazon which didn't work out so I will return.

Since the items where something I no longer needed I expected to pay return shipping. But instead, see that I could return for free by dropping off to a The UPS Store.

A new feature (at least to me), is for the returns, Amazon prints out a QR code. I just have to bring the items with the QR code (on phone or paper) and The UPS Store scans the code and packs and ships back (no return shipping charge to me :dance:).

Bought two kinds of smallish alkaline batteries. Threw in some incense and called it a shopping trip.

For stick incense, make sure BNG is part of the name, it is said to behigher quality. For instance, it should not keep going out as some other brands.

Attachments

• 913CbACTyHL._SL1500_.jpg
    913CbACTyHL._SL1500_.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 32
A 43 inch, 4K computer monitor and a 36 inch 2.1 soundbar with subwoofer

On Prime Day I bought an air fryer as a gift to myself since I do all the cooking in the house.

It arrived on Tuesday and I've cooked dinner in it every night since. It is incredible. Everything comes out excellently and cleanup is quick and easy. I might not cook in our oven ever again, unless what I'm cooking is too large to fit in the air fryer. But cooking just for myself and DW, it is plenty big enough.

Trash pump for the ranch to irrigated some trees.

Wrist strap for camera.

Attachments

• wrist strap.jpg
    wrist strap.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 26
I buy a bunch of stuff from Amazon all the time. A lot of it is house construction stuff. More in line with this thread, l ordered an OTA antenna that is scheduled to arrive Monday. Denver towers are 35 miles away through the mountains so I don't know how it will work. My son is here for a few months and has a TV and the Broncos are playing in the Hall of Fame game next Thursday so I am hoping everything will come together and I will be able to watch my first Bronco game from home since I moved back to Colorado in 2013.

Citizen Eco Drive watch. My Casio battery less watch that was supposed last me the rest of the life broke on me (still runs but plastic broke off).

Hopefully, the eco drive will last of my life :popcorn:.

Attachments

• eco drive watch.jpg
    eco drive watch.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 23
Egg holder.

Need a better way to transport eggs when kept in the cooler of my trunk.

Attachments

• egg holder.jpg
    egg holder.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 125
Toner cartridges for my new Cannon color laser printer :).

About $89 for a set of cartridges for third party brand versus about $400 for equivalent Cannon brand.

Attachments

• toner.jpg
    toner.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 55
36 volt battery charger to charge the batteries on the 23 ton switcher. One selector switch was bunged up, so I had to open the unit and fix the locking tab.
Checked the voltages and all are OK.

A Graco airless paint sprayer, the handheld type that has a 42 oz. cup. I've only used it once, today, and if it keeps working like it did I'm gonna love this thing. I caught it on sale for $207.00 so I'm not sure how that happened. I sprayed some of the thickest paint I've ever seen (Sherwin-Williams Emerald latex exterior) without thinning and it didn't give me any trouble at all. So as long as it remains reasonably durable I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Reviews are kind of all over the map on durability though, but mostly positive.

A couple of times I've put something like that on the "wish list" and once in a blue moon it'll show up with an unusually low price like that. But if I don't grab it right then, the next time I log in the low price is gone and replaced by the normal one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom