What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

niceCube Mini Ice Cube Trays for making coffee ice cubes for iced coffee. They turned out to be a big disappointment because it's really difficult to get the ice out. They're silicon, and you'd think that twisting them would pop the ice out straight away, but that's not the case. I wish I'd read the more critical reviews before buying them.

I'll stick with using the white plastic trays I've had for awhile.

Last edited:
Two 22X10.0-R12 tires for the lifted golf cart. The golf cart was a hunting buggy when we bought it used, but we mostly drive it on paved surfaces. The aggressive off-road tires we had wore out in the front in no time. Back tires are still pretty good, plus we do drive off-road some and don't mind the knobby tread back on the pushing end.

These new tires are more like an all-weather road tread. The sales person at the golf cart tire seller said mixing the two very different tire types would work OK, but make for an "interesting aesthetic". :)

Last edited:
I bought two sets, 8 each, 2 sizes, of dedicated (i.e. intended for exactly the purpose for which I bought them) of pantry/refrigerator/freezer organizers. Made more of a difference than I thought they would, replacing mismatched plastic shoe boxes, too small or too large sliding boxes in different styles. My freezer looks really organized, and I just did half the pantry today - found an unopened bar of unsweetened baking chocolate in the back. That's useable!

"The right tool for the right job" vs. "Use it up, wear it out, make it do." I used to be the latter, now I am the former, thank you, Retirement!

In the spirit of Blow That Dough, I ordered a pair of slippers that I really didn't need. Not only that, but they are cute/stupid in a style that I have never had before, because, y'know, I'm a retired scientist and supposed to be all serious, right? Never into fun or silliness like slippers with bunnies or cats. :rolleyes:

The photo is attached, and here is the URL.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F9BLH21/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$15.99 and they feel like I am wearing clouds on my feet... really nice. :D Frank's comment: "I like cats, too!"

What? Not poodles?

niceCube Mini Ice Cube Trays for making coffee ice cubes for iced coffee. They turned out to be a big disappointment because it's really difficult to get the ice out. They're silicon, and you'd think that twisting them would pop the ice out straight away, but that's not the case. I wish I'd read the more critical reviews before buying them.

I'll stick with using the white plastic trays I've had for awhile.
Try running a little tap water over the bottom of the tray. Water doesn't even haveto be hot, just "not freezing." I use a large-cube silicon tray for leftover coconut milk, herbs in solution (like pesto), etc., and they pop right out.

We purchased a touchless stainless steel kitchen trash can, the type with sensors that open at the wave of one's hand. MIL has one and DW liked it. Blow that dough! :)

Try running a little tap water over the bottom of the tray. Water doesn't even haveto be hot, just "not freezing." I use a large-cube silicon tray for leftover coconut milk, herbs in solution (like pesto), etc., and they pop right out.

I did that, but it didn't help. I think the problem is partly due to the thickness of the silicon, which insulates the cubes from the warm water. Also the small size of the cubes, 3/8" square, which means more surface area to stick compared to the weight pulling the cube out. They really stick in there, some folks posted videos in the reviews on Amazon showing how difficult it is to get the cubes out.

Ordered silion mask straps and an insect bite anti-itch cream.

I got a new shower head with hose from Amazon, since the hose on my old shower head was leaking so badly that more water was going through the leak than through the shower head. Last week I had F change that one out for a nice Delta shower head plus hose that I had brought from my old house when I moved (but didn't need until now). Unfortunately, due to age it is slightly leaky too, so I ordered this one, photo attached below. It was very cheap and has an 80" hose, which I wanted. Those by Delta and Moen have really gone up in price so I thought I'd try a cheap one.

Also I bought two new weekly pill organizers (picture attached). Yes I am 72 and my doctor has had me on several pills for a long time. I have used my old, small pill organizers for a decade and the lettering has worn off. These are exactly the same except I couldn't choose the color so both are green. :facepalm: I was hoping for yellow for morning, and something else for night, which is what I have now. Oh well. I like the small ones like this because I can just tuck them in my purse if I need to do that for some reason.

And the last thing in that box was half a dozen ScotchBrite scrub sponges but you all know what those look like, so I didn't include a picture of them.

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 130
We purchased a touchless stainless steel kitchen trash can, the type with sensors that open at the wave of one's hand. MIL has one and DW liked it. Blow that dough! :)

The touchless trashcan is one of the best things I have every purchased. People who spend a lot of time cooking know that your hands get dirty and greasy. Being able to toss these items away without having actually touch the trash can is very nice.

And the grand-kids find it endlessly amusing, at least for a few days.

Insert for the Instapot
Hadrigo stainless cake-pushpan w/handle, feature: bottom pushes out
bonus - comes with extra mini cake-muffin pans
bonus - 100 sheets of parchment paper - helps with spillage

I got it so I can make Lasagne or Cheesecake etc. - easy to lift out by the handle and then push up the bottom for removal.
Not sure I'll ever use the six mini pans - but I might if I feel like doing something fancy.

It's not a must have at all, but hey, I wanted to play - so it qualifies as
"Blow that dough"

Book: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - true story - Biography-Science
Bioethics in Modern Medicine

We bought some Tomcat mouse killer, 32 baits for $17.84. It looked like a better deal than what we bought from Lowes, 16 baits for $10.99. It wasn't!
Both packages are 16oz, they just cut the bait in half and they have 32 baits. The cost is 39% higher from Amazon.
I wrote a review saying this, it was rejected.
"39% Cheaper at Lowes $17.84 vs $10.98 with a minor catch
Lowes sells the same, 16ozs, cheaper but the bait is in 1oz pieces vs 1/2oz pieces."

I don't see it listed as a violation in the guidelines, but I think it was rejected because I mentioned Lowes.

I just ordered a MN Gophers hooded sweatshirt. Amazon had one I liked for $39.00 while the shops at the MOA were $64.99.

A yearly calendar. Have to be careful about the pooch pirates that drive around looking to steal packages.

The touchless trashcan is one of the best things I have every purchased. People who spend a lot of time cooking know that your hands get dirty and greasy. Being able to toss these items away without having actually touch the trash can is very nice.

My brothers German shepherd found it amusing too. Also liked the stuff inside. He finally took the batteries out!:blush:

A yearly calendar. Have to be careful about the pooch pirates that drive around looking to steal packages.

Reminded me to order my 2, a wall calendar with pockets and the desktop cat calendar. The wall calendar is also available in 'cats' for 2021 :dance:.

I wish my workplace had had a touchless trash can. Instead, it had one you had to lift open, not even foot operated. Filthy handle. I resorted to hiding the lid occasionally - I certainly minded an open trash can in the restroom LESS than one I had to touch.

On the other hand, why bother with a lid in the kitchen trash can at all? Eventually it gets dirty (often sooner than the rest of the can, which usually has a plastic bag in it) and has to be cleaned. I suppose you could make a case that the the trash can will smell, but even I, a single cook, fill the standard 13 gallon bag in 2-3 days, and take it out to the dumpster before it starts smelling. Cooking and food preparation in the kitchen creates garbage - frequently. A kitchen garbage can ought to be ready to receive at all moments. What I love is my "half-moon" shape on mine - can be tucked right up against a counter so crumbs brush right off into the wide side of the bin.

We bought some Tomcat mouse killer, 32 baits for $17.84. It looked like a better deal than what we bought from Lowes, 16 baits for $10.99. It wasn't!
Both packages are 16oz, they just cut the bait in half and they have 32 baits. The cost is 39% higher from Amazon.
I wrote a review saying this, it was rejected.
"39% Cheaper at Lowes $17.84 vs $10.98 with a minor catch
Lowes sells the same, 16ozs, cheaper but the bait is in 1oz pieces vs 1/2oz pieces."

I don't see it listed as a violation in the guidelines, but I think it was rejected because I mentioned Lowes.

+1 You have to watch this stuff closely. A few years ago I bought an off-brand water filter from an Amazon source. But, it filtered less total water. In the end the price per gallon was the same.

The net thing you know they will start chipping away at the traditional 1/2 gallon ice cream container. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom