What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

A vacuum sealer.

After a year of cooking sous vide I broke down and bought a sealer. I've been using ziplocs for most everything but had a blowout cooking short ribs around 24 hours in. Not going to play that game anymore.

Got a new Dell laptop. The Keyboard on this one is hosed, and I love getting new laptops. I will give this one to F, because he prefers using an external keyboard. I don't.

Here is the one I got. It is probably cheaper from Dell but I do not care; Blow That Dough!

I am typing this with the digital keyboard included with Windows, using just my mouse. Sigh

Purchases Green Mtn Smoker!

I bought a new Pellet Grill/smoker (Green Mountain Daniel Boone model) love it. I have smoked about 20 racks of ribs and have smoked them almost every way that I can find on the internet. I have found the best for us is to cook them at 275 degrees for 2 hours the wrap in foil for 45 minutes then unwrap and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes after applying bbq sauce. We season only with salt and pepper and use apple pellet from Green Mtn. I have tried several other pre-made rib rubs but have not found them give a good flavor. I cook on it at least three times per week since May 2020.
Love the smoker best purchase in years!

Last edited:
I'm becoming quite the shopper, 45 orders made in 2020!
I'm waiting for some layout fluid for me, also a 100 net pots, 50 Rockwool starter plugs, a water pump and a Digital pH meter for a vertical hydroponic planter I'm building for my wife.

Bought a bunch of ammo cans to hold all the ammo I bought during the pandemic. I guess I need a bigger safe now.

Attachments

• 1BA727F4-F917-496F-96C2-35F1A7C24F4E.jpg
    1BA727F4-F917-496F-96C2-35F1A7C24F4E.jpg
    586.3 KB · Views: 25
I'm becoming quite the shopper, 45 orders made in 2020!

You made me look.
I've placed 106 orders so far via amazon this year.
That's a lot! :eek: That's almost one item every other day :eek:

This pandemic has definitely accelerated my Amazon shopping frequency.

Last edited:
A Consori air fryer with Wifi and an extra rack.

I bought a deep fryer a while back and I love it, but I don't want to eat deep fried foods all the time and my current air fryer is too tiny, so I'm upgrading to a bigger 5.8QT fryer.

A bag of cat food should be coming shortly (on auto-subscribe).

86 ytd, surprised myself, thought it would be lower. It does include my monthly subscribe&save, which usually counts as 3-5 orders per month. So then I'd be under 50 ytd for actual "ooh i want that" stuff.

There is an article on The Verge which says Amazon keeps selling Amazon Basics which are unsafe, such as device charging cables which catch fire.

They also had a headline about Amazon overcharging during the pandemic.

I thought they were cracking down on sellers who overcharge.

I ordered a book "Building Scientific Apparatus" The reviews were great. But,
when it arrived I found it was not what I wanted. I wanted a how to, instructions for each instrument. If I was a chemist or physicist it would be a good fit.
Anyway, I looked into returning it, I found I could print an Amazon return item page and take the item (book) to Kohl's and they will pack and return it to Amazon, with no charge to me!
What a service.

A yearly calendar. Have to be careful about the pooch pirates that drive around looking to steal packages.

You have canine pirates in your area?

Attachments

• Dog Pirate.jpg
    Dog Pirate.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 36
Cover for new iPad Pro which was purchased to run JamBoard in Zoom teaching sessions.

270 orders so far this year for us, although probably half or more are for the business. And the rest were using Amazon points, so total out of pocket is probably under $100, since you can't use points for digital or subscription orders.

My most recent personal purchase is a very expensive but small bottle of Sedgehammer. We've spent the past 10 years pulling nutsedge out of our extensive daylilly beds. It's a losing battle. This stuff is $75 for 1.3 oz, but the reviews are pretty impressive. I've got a stretch of 4 or 5 days without rain coming up, and I'll give it a try. Hope it works.

A 6" x 6" tamper bit for the jackhammer, a book on the history of lawn mowers, and a set of o-rings for the pressure washer. And to use with the tamper, a bucket of asphalt repair stuff from Ace Hardware to fill a hole in the side of the driveway where void developed. Amazon had the asphalt stuff too but it was $30 cheaper at Ace.

A new water bottle along with a couple of other items. Originally it was supposed to be delivered last Thursday. However, they delayed the shipment several times. It was supposed to arrive on Friday, then Saturday, then Monday (yesterday), and then late in the afternoon on Monday they said it was going to be delayed one or two days longer. Since it is to be delivered by Amazon, there is nothing in the tracking that tells me whether or not it is even anywhere near New Orleans. :facepalm:

I am old. I remember the good old days when Amazon was able to deliver exactly what was ordered, and promptly, more often than not.

I bought an Esinkin W29-us wireless bluetooth audio adapter for music streaming from my iPhone to my stereo system using Spotify, Pandora and other radio apps. Excellent sounding and convenient. Main reason for buying is that I can charge my phone while streaming to my stereo. Came the day it was scheduled and I tracked the delivery with the Amazon app. I was able to meet the delivery guy out front of our apartment building.

Back
Top Bottom