What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Several 3' x 5' Texas flags, of various types. :)

some extra clothes for both younger DGS to have here, 100% Kona coffee, ultrasonic jewelry cleaner.

Oh, what the heck. I'll play.
Two Wyze security cameras and two POE drivers to power them.
Memory cards and external mounts for above cameras.
A lamp shade housing.
Aqua shoes for an upcoming small boat cruise.
Solar powered string lights for our palm trees.

A bag of Scotts lawn fertilizer. I looked around at Home Depot, Lowes, the Scotts site, and Amazon was still the lowest price even without delivery. Plus they deliver it tomorrow, not that I'm in that much of a hurry.

Attachments

• magnifier.jpg
    magnifier.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 20
Bilge cleaner, shop rags, oil absorber.

A 10-inch Fire Tablet, case, Hydralyte, a refurbished ink cartridge, nut milk bags, Dr's Brushpicks - all within the last seven days... I'm liking my Fire Tablet more after installing Google Play Store and some Android-based apps...

Last edited:
I used to order our San Francisco Bay K Cups (coffee) from Amazon, but they have been sneaking the price up a few dollars for the 80 Count box we usually order every 6 weeks or so.

So, I now order that same 80 count box directly from San Francisco Bay in California for $3 less than Amazon, no sales tax charged and free shipping.

Slowly, we are slipping away from Amazon. Even our dog food order is less expensive at Walmart which is one mile from us and where I get DW's prescriptions.

Next year, I drop Prime when it is time to renew.

I used to order our San Francisco Bay K Cups (coffee) from Amazon, but they have been sneaking the price up a few dollars for the 80 Count box we usually order every 6 weeks or so.

So, I now order that same 80 count box directly from San Francisco Bay in California for $3 less than Amazon, no sales tax charged and free shipping.

Slowly, we are slipping away from Amazon. Even our dog food order is less expensive at Walmart which is one mile from us and where I get DW's prescriptions.

Next year, I drop Prime when it is time to renew.

On the other hand, yesterday I went to the grocery store (which I seldom do), and bought a bottle of Centrum vitamins for $13.98. When I got home and checked Amazon, they had the exact same bottle for $9.99. :facepalm: I could have saved $4 and had it delivered to my doorstep rather than fight traffic and a crowded parking lot. :banghead:

But today Amazon's price for that bottle is $10.99. I only would have saved three nice crisp dollar bills instead of four. Unless, of course, the supermarket price has changed as well.

I tend to think that no matter where I shop, if I don't check other sources (preferably on that day), then I won't get the lowest price.

On the other hand, yesterday I went to the grocery store (which I seldom do), and bought a bottle of Centrum vitamins for $13.98. When I got home and checked Amazon, they had the exact same bottle for $9.99. :facepalm: I could have saved $4 and had it delivered to my doorstep rather than fight traffic and a crowded parking lot. :banghead:

But today Amazon's price for that bottle is $10.99. I only would have saved three nice crisp dollar bills instead of four. Unless, of course, the supermarket price has changed as well.

I tend to think that no matter where I shop, if I don't check other sources (preferably on that day), then I won't get the lowest price.

I use a few Kirkland products from Costco, fish oil caplets and D3. I had a Costco membership a few years ago and then later had my son get them for me. Turns out you can order without a membership and pay an extra 5%.

Or, you can get them on Amazon! I found both for the same price or less than Costco. These are supposed to be sold only at Costco so my guess is someone is drop shipping or buying them on sale and then selling on Amazon. One of my shipments came in a Costco box from a Costco distribution center in IL.

Last edited:
2.4 oz bottle of Migliore Strata Ceramic Coating for $90.. I've used this stuff before and it's excellent. Keeps my car looking like it just came off the showroom floor for over a year.

I use a few Kirkland products from Costco, fish oil caplets and D3. I had a Costco membership a few years ago and then later had my son get them for me. Turns out you can order without a membership and pay an extra 5%.

Or, you can get them on Amazon! I found both for the same price or less than Costco. These are supposed to be sold only at Costco so my guess is someone is drop shipping or buying them on sale and then selling on Amazon. One of my shipments came in a Costco box from a Costco distribution center in IL.

We bought an item from Costco's website last year (can't remember what it was) and it showed up in a Sam's Club box. Apparently, Costco had the order filled and shipped from Sam's Club. Go figure!

I ordered a cooking grate for my older Weber kettle style grill. They still make the iconic grill but it turns out that a few years ago they changed the size and reduced the grill by 3/8 inch. It turns out that even on their website others are having the same issues. Because of that the replacement cooking grates are no longer supported in the grill and fall in. Now I have a grill in great shape with no way to cook with it. Bummer.

Cheers!

kids sox, iPad case, 2023 planner ( on order, ship later--yes I still use planners on my desk, along with one on my phone:) )

A wood plinth from Moldova for my Lenco L75 turntable.

A five foot high men;s chest to replace the little plastic one I had. It took 2 days to assemble it. The instructions were very clear, and the chest was well designed.
Thank goodness for cordless drills with Phillips bits. DW helped a couple of times turning the frame over.

Stainless steel deck fittings, marine potty cleaner

I ordered a 10 oz bottle of San-J Organic Gluten Free Tamari Soy Sauce, Reduced Sodium. I used it to make Beef Jerky, I started with 6 lbs of top round and ended up with about 3 lbs of jerky. It was not as good as my son's recipe, next time I'll double the black pepper and hot pepper flakes.

On a Prime Day whim, I ordered a fitness watch https://www.amazon.com/Android-Comp...qid=1657850757&sprefix=achoice,aps,200&sr=8-5 for $22. I already have a cheap Fitbit style monitor that has been great for the two years I've owned it. The only drawback is it's screen is on the tiny side. Still it has decent capabilities and about 10 days between charges. It has a decent app that allows me to keep track of the things I want and gets regular updates. Here's my version https://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-Band-...ch&qid=1657851312&sprefix=mi+5,aps,184&sr=8-3 but there is a new model available too at about $10 more.

I just thought for $22 this Prime day deal was hard to beat and I think with its larger screen, the device will be easier to read as well. It also can measure SpO2 which my old one can't. My first fitness tracker was a Samsung but it eventually died after a couple of years and never had decent battery life.

Back
Top Bottom