What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

8GB SODIMM for a Dell micro model 3050.

Ancestry test kit for niece.

OK, now I wonder, probably pointlessly, if you wear white or black socks with shorts.
White here, seems to me black is for the younger set. :angel:

No white socks, no black socks.... I wear (Teva) SANDALS with shorts! If I'm wearing shorts, it is hot, hot, hot here in New Orleans and the sandals feel so nice and cool.

No white socks, no black socks.... I wear (Teva) SANDALS with shorts! If I'm wearing shorts, it is hot, hot, hot here in New Orleans and the sandals feel so nice and cool.

Ah OK. I'm afraid my toenails would look too grody for that. :LOL:

Generally, if I’m wearing shorts, I’m wearing athletic shoes (Brooks Walkers) and I’m wearing white socks. Thing is that I’m wearing socks that have a low cut.. Basically just covering the ankles. White or black, I don’t like the look of a crew length sock with shorts. YMMV

I wish I could wear sandals - or preferably "rubba silppas" 'cause everyone in the Islands wears them. They are cooler feeling and cooler looking. But I have to wear real shoes in order to wear my inserts for plantars fasciitis. Keep cool!

I wish I could wear sandals - or preferably "rubba silppas" 'cause everyone in the Islands wears them. They are cooler feeling and cooler looking. But I have to wear real shoes in order to wear my inserts for plantars fasciitis. Keep cool!
I'd wear those rubba slippas too, if people here wore them! Plus, we don't have Long's here and I always used to get them there when I lived on Oahu. I had really bad plantar fasciitis back in 2000-2001, so I can sure sympathize. Luckily it gradually got better and I don't have it any more.

Charcoal water filters for the coffee maker.

More nylon grocery bags. I seem to have stuffed my old ones in a safe place never to be seen again.
I have been almost exclusively using Instacart to have grocery delivery but I have made a couple of trips by myself. It is hard work, shopping, bagging, carrying.
Oh, and I have a pair of shoes from Minnetonka on order. Hope I don't hate them. I don't do well picking things on line.

Reusable plastic bags (think ziploc). I got a three-pack at the grocery store a week ago and love them. They're small so I ordered some bigger ones. Helping to keep stuff out of the landfill :dance::dance::dance:.

Our orders trough Amazon are down to a trickle from 300+ per year. We have had to return so much "junk" (damaged, wrong size, missing parts, etc) that I have taken it upon myself to buy locally and I am happy to do so. Less hassle.

The only orders now are dog food by the case of 12 cans, monthly Propel Black Cherry water, and a few smaller items.

Got my coin batteries today, from a third party in a small envelope. The stamps.com stamps said $5.60. Batteries cost me $4.33 with tax and no shipping added. Hmm..... :confused:

A big jug of Nature's Miracle because the puppy is many accidents on the floor per day currently, and a couple 4k Blu-Rays as a reward for spending so much time walking around cleaning up the puppy's messes. :p

.some zip lock, reusable silicone food storage containers, silicone food huggers set, 15000 grit sandpaper for DH, and Bill Schultheis "Coffee House Investors Ground Rules" 2021 book.

Finally decided to tackle the "rat's nest" of plugs and wall-warts and power strips plugged into power strips and so on that I have right here next to me. I know, I know, I have a degree in Electrical Engineering so I should know better than to let things devolve like this, but then I'm also an Aggie so some of you might expect it.
:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

So anyway I bought a 12 outlet power strip from Amazon. Frank bought one like this a few weeks ago and says it's really good. Hopefully it will help keep things more orderly and organized. It will go on the floor along the wall so I'll have more room for other stuff on the little table upon which my present rat's nest is precariously balanced.

:)I haven't posted to this thread because of the sheer volume of orders that we make when at home! I'd have to post very frequently.

Anyway, in the last 2 days, we ordered a Urth 72mm ND2-400 (1-8.6 Stop) Variable ND Lens Filter (for photography of waterfalls), a plate rack/tree for our work out room, The Republic of Tea Ginger Peach Black Tea, Caffeinated, 50 Count, a 24 oz. cocktail mixing glass/jar, and a book: Ivan's War: Life and Death in the Red Army, 1939-1945.

:)

E.T.A.---amazon customer since 1996, but always thought the stock was "too high." :facepalm:

Got my coin batteries today, from a third party in a small envelope. The stamps.com stamps said $5.60. Batteries cost me $4.33 with tax and no shipping added. Hmm..... :confused:

No worries - they make up for it in volume! Puzzles me too - once ordered a tool to open the sim door on an Iphone - like this $1.30 + shipping 100-pack https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...d643c9e46cc90ad48474ab80b35&afSmartRedirect=y
I ordered one, with free shipping. for 19 cents. It arrived, weeks later, in a padded package from China. 19 cents. remarkable. Pre-pandemic of course.

My last purchase was a car booster seat for my granddaughter. She’s the youngest but has outgrown her full chair style car seat. She’s growing so fast.

It isn't WHAT I bought, but HOW I bought it......

I got an email offer from Amazon with a promo code for $10 off if I used the option to deliver to an Amazon Locker instead of home. I had seen the Amazon locker at our closest grocery store so, heck yeah, I can pick it up there and save $10! DH and I put together an order of stuff we needed. As sometimes happens, it got split into 2 shipments. The first part was delivered to the Amazon locker and I was stopping in that store anyways so this was easy and very convenient. When I was checking out I noticed some registers had been removed, my checkout person told me they are doing some remodeling, removing checkout lanes and adding more self checkouts. Yes, we've seen this in many stores, seems to be the new trend. I walked past the big empty space to get to the Amazon locker and I picked up my package.

The 2nd half of the order was supposed to be delivered to the locker a few days later. I got an email saying that they had an issue and were unable to deliver but would try again later. This was 3 days ago so today I called the grocery store and asked if they still have their Amazon locker. "No, it was moved out late last week. Nope, don't know where it moved to."

So I chatted with Amazon and they are reshipping the item, this time to our home. No shipping charge, give it a few days. No problem, not an item we need right away.

The person at the grocery store said that Amazon emailed everyone who had packages to pick up before the locker was removed. Mine hadn't been delivered yet so I was not notified. But Amazon should have known the locker was being removed and not allowed shipments to be scheduled there. I just checked and that locker location is still listed as available when you place an order. Surprise!

Oh, well, it was still worth the $10 discount!

Back
Top Bottom