What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Snow blower today. Been watching the off season if by chance i could find a buy and I did. It was through Walmart with a great price compared to the same machine from other companies.

I ordered a high-end toaster oven using a great coupon (pre-Prime Day). It is inexplicably being sent by USPS (it's a relatively heavy package) and has been sitting at my local post office for 2, now entering the 3rd, day. I'm afraid they are simply going to send it back unless I intervene, but I don't want to pick it up myself, as it's heavy. If I don't see it marked as "out for delivery" today, I guess I'll have to call.

I've been gradually upgrading my kitchen equipment, and nearly every purchase has been a happy one.

*[edit] Update: My local post office DID send the package away!! It's now at a regional facility in Philadelphia, "on its way to its destination." Arrgh!

**[Further update]: Amazon website is now saying, "Your package may be lost." I think I will contact them and demand a replacement - it was a good price. Question is whether to wait a day to see if it comes back here. I don't want to deal with a second heavy package.

Last edited:
Merrell shoes for DH. Brand new, came in a Merrell box, fit perfectly, and was less expensive than buying from Merrell. Also, buy Merrell from eBay. Brand new and save $$.

Led Shop Light 2 Pack 2FT 18W 5000K Utility Led Garage Lights IP66 Waterproof Airand Led Under Cabinet Lighting LED Cube Light for Garage, Workbench,Closet,Shop,Hallway
$56.99 for 2.

Got a pack of 2 and used one in a large HVAC closet overhead. Very Bright! If you have an outlet nearby, it's very easy to install. I had to install an outlet and fix un-related problems so it took a day or so.

A pair of zero-gravity reclining lawn chairs including a table and side trays for the chairs. They arrived today, so far they are very comfortable.

OK, this morning I ordered some boring necessities: peanut butter, protein bars, liquid Tide. With inflation, seems like everything I want or need is gradually going up in price. :(

BUT.... I also got a "retiree-wear" green oversized t-shirt for lounging around the house, and it was a buck less than I paid last time. :D :dance:

All in all, after using some of my Amazon VISA rewards points, I only had to pay $16.98 for everything.

I've been ordering some Amazon Alexa smart home devices. Started simple, now I can't seem to stop! Ha!
I have 3 Echo Dots, 1 Echo, 1 Echo Show 5 and 1 Echo Show 15. These are the devices to communicate through. Then I changed out my wall switches and outlets to smart devices. On some lights that are hard wired and work from a pull chain, I changed out to a smart bulb. I added a 'Blink' security camera system consisting of 5 wifi/battery cameras and 10 wifi/AC powered cameras. I set up organization by room and started setting up Routines. For example, one routine uses the command, "Alexa, good night". Alexa turns off all the lights, set the thermostat to sleep temperature and arms the cameras. If a camera trips, Alexa will wake me with a message and a tone. I can then ask Alexa to show me the activated camera on the Echo Show 5, which is at my bedside or on the Echo Show 15 which is in the kitchen. Most times it's a skunk at the 1/2 whiskey barrel filled with water plants to get a drink or a raccoon in the garage to get at the cat food. But those critters let me know she's doing her job. If I tell Alexa I'm going away, she will 'arm' the house, listening for noises outside through the cameras and inside through the Echo devices. If she hears a noise outside, it starts recording on the camera assossiated with the mic and sends me a message/text. She will also start making loud barking noises to scare anyone off. If it's a inside noise, she sets off a siren sound. It can be tied in to call the police or any other alarm system company you care to contract with.
She also listens for smoke detector, carbon monoxide detector and glass breaking and will call a number you designate.
That's a start. I'll also have it do some specialty items I've been seeing on YouTube. Such as lights going on when entering a room based on the Echo's microphones that can pick up ultrasonic sounds. These little balls, Echo Dot and Echo, have up to 8 mics to listen to all sorts of stuff. I have played with setting up so when it hears the dog bark and we are gone, it will tell the dog to go lay down and message me that the dog is barking. It will also send me snapshots from the camera sensing motion inside of the dog. Maybe Pup is barking because there's a water leak or something.

Planning my USB Tester move.

Going kinda with a retro look :popcorn:.

Attachments

• usb tester.jpg
    usb tester.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 17
Apple Air Pods. It gets boring on the cardio machines at the gym.

My fancy toaster oven finally came, after jaunting all around NJ. I love it! Although I feel guilty about my good old cheap toaster oven, which performed well for years and was still working fine. Its only crime was that it was grimy and did not have huge functionality as my new one does. I use a toaster oven constantly, as I prefer it to a microwave, so I am giving myself a good one!

My Lumineux toothpaste arrived yesterday. Yeah!

Just one thing: I never ordered it. Addressed to me using my full legal name. Return address of Lumineux in an Amazon package.

Looks like a brushing scheme. Or, someone is trying to poison me.

Ordered a Fellow Ode coffee grinder during Prime day, $50 off. Very quite and does a great job..

Ordered a couple of retro handheld games for the grandnephews, who according to DW, are "driving her nuts" when they have to go someplace in the car either fighting with each other or teasing each other. She hopes this will give them something else to do. We'll see.

A 12" cast iron skillet... brought around back climbed 10 steps and placed on the table, under the gazebo. What service!

The last few deliveries have been on the gazebo table, and before that, none.

So wondering why, DW (she's the one who's been getting the deliveries) checked, and somehow there was an update to the delivery instructions. She said she didn't do it.

Then we got to thinking about what was mentioned in our neighborhood Facebook group... Apparently there was someone following delivery vehicles and collecting boxes from porches (a porch pirate). So I wonder if Amazon was having lots of missing items, and proactively set delivery instructions for the neighborhood. Has anyone hear heard of that?

8 Rubber tips for 2 pairs of walking sticks with some left over for spares. I wore out the last ones down to the tungsten carbide tips.

Cheers!

I bought 100ft of black 1/4" heat shrink tubing, a Braun Hair Clippers kit, 9 in 1 beard, Ear & nose trimmer grooming kit, some Vitamin D3, K2 softgels, a Presto Digital timer, and Tech spray diagnostic freeze mist.

A 150-foot outdoor ethernet cable that can be buried. Time to get smoking-fast internet access in the detached garage (where the treadmill is during the winter).

screen protectors for our pixel phones. I just installed a replacement screen on mine and realized I only had one protector left. I'm rough on the phone.

A new edition of a book I'd read decades ago, "Model Aircraft Aerodynamics" by Martin Simmons. There are several new sections to it, including a chapter on "The birds and the bees".

Now get your minds out of the gutter:) - it really is about the aerodynamics of very small wings, increasingly relevant with the advent of tiny lightweight electronics.

12 volt key switch for boat so waste tank can't be pumped accidentally.

Several Ugears wooden model kits and puzzles. It's a Ukrainian company that apparently sells all over the world. I ordered the wooden railroad locomotive and tender, along with a couple of smaller kits for the grandnephews and a few smaller "fidget" type kits. They make a fascinating line of laser-cut wooden kits, sold on Amazon and on their own web site. I decided to order via Amazon "just in case" things didn't go well but the little "fidget" puzzles arrived today. The others will take a bit longer.

https://www.amazon.com/UGEARS-Mecha...uilding+kit+wooden+model+kits,aps,1323&sr=8-2

Another Ukrainian company called Woodtrick makes a similar line of toys/puzzles, including marble runs. I will definitely end up with a marble run from one or maybe both!

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=woodtric...x=woodtrick,aps,269&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_2_9

Back
Top Bottom