What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

I ordered a leather patch a few weeks ago with slow-boat shipping. They sent me an email that my purchase had been returned and refunded, which is odd since it still shows as "in transit" with a scheduled arrival date between 2/15 and 3/9. My money has been refunded and credited to my Prime CC. This is just weird.

I purchased a luggage scale this morning on Amazon for the misses. I hate the anxiety associated with going to the airport and hoping that my wife's luggage is under 50 pounds.

Why not just weigh yourself with and without the suitcase? That's how I weigh my dogs.

Just ordered a hybrid drive for my laptop.

Attachments

• sshd.jpg
    sshd.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 19
Ordered a pair of slippers. I was going to get them from Zappo's because I have a $10 promotion code, but Amazon was cheaper even after applying the discount. Which is odd, since Amazon owns Zappo's.

Jura water filters and a plasma lighter.

As I mentioned in the blow that dough thread, I bought a JBL subwoofer from Amazon. What a nice purchase, really adds a lot of punch to my sound system which includes a couple of bookshelf speakers. Movies are much closer to theater like sound. And a nice complement to a Samsung 55" 4k tv I also purchased from Amazon recently. Only problem, I didn't need any additional incentives to keep my butt on the sofa. :facepalm:

I have been ordering like crazy since I am partial house bound for one more week
the book Misissippi Burning
Protein Powder
small arm weights
a new pulse oximeter
a gift card for my Physical Therapist
a large gift card for my daughter

35 AH 12 volt AGM for the LED BBQ lights.

Anti-cut gloves, so I can use my mandoline without fear of losing fingers (and getting blood in my food).

new home charger for my ancient but still going strong flip phone, Cosequin joint supplement capsules for my cats, non-latex finger cots to apply trans dermal medications in my cats ears

I ordered a 6 quart Kitchenaid Pro mixer. I have a very old Sunbeam mixer that works perfectly except that it won’t knead dough. I have been researching mixers for some time and decided on the Kitchenaid Pro series because of its power and stability.

Did you know that there is the regular Kitchenaid Pro series in many colours, which costs close to $600 CDN on Amazon.ca, AND the Kitchenaid Pro series specifically made for Amazon, which costs $299 CDN, and is identical except that it comes in only three colours, doesn’t have the word “Professional” on the logo, and does not come with a pouring shield? Of course I went for the $299 version.

Now, I like ordering big purchases on Amazon because they are delivered to my door. So I was livid when, after waiting at home all day for my Prime delivery, I got an email from Purolator to say that they had attempted delivery and nobody was home. This has happened before. They actually don’t come to the building, but just drop the stuff at the local Purolator pickup point. I called Purolator (on Thursday) and was informed that “they would make another attempt” on Monday. “Another attempt” is not good enough! I submitted a complaint to Purolator. I also called Amazon, not to complain, but to tell them how shitty Purolator’s service is. They apologized profusely and acknowledged that mine is not the first complaint. And because I am a loyal Prime customer, they applied a credit of 20% of the purchase price of my order ($60) to my account, to be used against my next purchase. I thought that was pretty decent of them! So the net cost of my new mixer was $299 CDN.

Meanwhile I had a call from the local Purolator pickup location to inform me that my shipment had arrived. So I picked it up (all 32 pounds of it). I just made my first batch of dough, which is rising as I write. I’ll let you know how the cinnamon rolls turn out! :cool:

Last edited:
My daughter in law to be has a Kitchenaid Pro in a specific color on her registry .Cost $600. The funny thing is people are buying the various attachments she also has on the registry but nobody has bought the mixer .

My daughter in law to be has a Kitchenaid Pro in a specific color on her registry .Cost $600. The funny thing is people are buying the various attachments she also has on the registry but nobody has bought the mixer .

Perhaps $600 is more than what people want to spend!

I just made my first batch of dough, which is rising as I write. I’ll let you know how the cinnamon rolls turn out! :cool:

It turned out that I’m all out of cinnamon, so I made Nutella rolls instead. They are awesome. Just as light and fluffy and delicious as you would expect from a bakery. Time to invite friends for coffee!

It turned out that I’m all out of cinnamon, so I made Nutella rolls instead. They are awesome. Just as light and fluffy and delicious as you would expect from a bakery. Time to invite friends for coffee!

OK, what time? But, remember I can only eat gluten-free. And, I'll I need cream in my coffee. And, oh, I can only drink low-acid coffee. Sounds like fun!!!

OK, what time? But, remember I can only eat gluten-free. And, I'll I need cream in my coffee. And, oh, I can only drink low-acid coffee. Sounds like fun!!!

LOL, you’re out of luck. These rolls are gluten overload! But you can come for my roasted garlic soup instead! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom