What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

=[...]Oh, J-B Weld epoxy is the last thing I ordered.
That's really good stuff. I used some to re-attach a broken off finial on my (New Orleans style) black wrought iron fence at my old house, years ago. It worked nicely and the repair job was essentially invisible. Now that I think of it, maybe somebody here told me about it. Who knows, maybe it was you. :blush: Anyway, good stuff.

The last thing I bought at Amazon was this morning, when I ordered a package of four 9V batteries for my four keypad entries on my four exterior doors. I change them out every January whether they need it or not.

Yesterday I received my latest Prime Pantry box. It was supposed to arrive on Tuesday but arrived early via UPS, so that was nice.

Last edited:
That's really good stuff. I used some to re-attach a broken off finial on my (New Orleans style) black wrought iron fence at my old house, years ago. It worked nicely and the repair job was essentially invisible. Now that I think of it, maybe somebody here told me about it. Who knows, maybe it was you. :blush: Anyway, good stuff.

The last thing I bought at Amazon was this morning, when I ordered a package of four 9V batteries for my four keypad entries on my four exterior doors. I change them out every January whether they need it or not.

Yesterday I received my latest Prime Pantry box. It was supposed to arrive on Tuesday but arrived early via UPS, so that was nice.

With the J-B Weld, I'm repairing a cracked part of a personal humidifier. A replacement part would cost about $35. The J-B Weld, about $6. Have the "work of art" :LOL: sitting and curing now as I type.

Another thing I noticed on Amazon delivery is I got something the other day shipped by UPSIM. Where starts with UPS, then gets handed off to local post office for delivery. I was able to track the delivery both by UPS and USPS tracking.

A Broan 510 room to room ventilator. This will go in the wall of my bedroom closet and push air into the kitchen/dining area. The wood stove is between there and my bedroom.

By my calculations it should re-circulate all the air in the house every 30 minutes. Which should distribute the heat from the stove nicely throughout the house instead of just cooking the stove room.

My daughter has two small children. She has now switched to ordering all of her groceries on line from a local grocery chain. She drives to the grocery store and picks them up.

She says that she spends less. No impulse buying. The big plus is that she does not have to get her infants in and out of the car seat during the winter months,nor shop with them. She simply drives, hands the clerk her order number and it gets loaded into the vehicle for her.

This sounds like an excellent innovation for busy moms. Or anyone who is busy!

Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage Container, 42-Piece Set, Red

I decided it was time to replace my old Rubbermaid food storage containers which were a wedding present oh these 26 years ago. Pretty darn good deal at $15, plus they stack and store much easier than the old design.

Those are great, and that's a great price.

I got so tired of DW's collection of random pieces over the years, and trying to find a top to match from the pile of different sizes and shapes. And then she bought a new set, and I told her those will never last - they have 'flip' latching covers, and the plastic bends ~ 90° every open/close, and yep, in a short time the flaps were cracking.

So a few years ago, after reading reviews I bought a set of these, and 6 months later, another larger set. Was able to toss a bunch of the old ones, or use the bottom in my workshop to hold screws and stuff. It's easy to find a top out of the 3 distinct sizes. One less minor frustration through out the day.

-ERD50

Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage Container, 42-Piece Set, Red

I decided it was time to replace my old Rubbermaid food storage containers which were a wedding present oh these 26 years ago. Pretty darn good deal at $15, plus they stack and store much easier than the old design.

I bought the same ones at the end of last year. I like that they are nice and sturdy, unlike Ziploc containers. Yep, the stacking (or more like sticking) of lids is nice too. I finally got rid of all the old ones from years ago, but not 26 years ago :eek:

A new board game for the family called "Exploding Kittens" and some small bottles with lids.
I make homemade artisan Vanilla so I'll bottle it up and give to friends.

Well, poo, they are $19 for this Prime customer.

I have learned you have to watch the vendors, when Amazon is out for example, someone else with a higher price shows up in the search.

Use camelcamecamel.com to track your price and get notified.

I bought mine last fall at that lower price and the set is great!

Attachments

• eyeball.jpg
    eyeball.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 38
I bought some no-tie shoelaces for a total of $7.03 after promotional discounts.

I admit that the only reason I bought them, is that I am DYING of curiousity to see if they work, and how, and if they really keep my shoes on, and if (as claimed) they really turn any shoes into slip-ons.

If I like them, then maybe I'll get some for Frank.

OK, I didn't really need them at all so I'm not being frugal. But hey! The Dow is almost 26,000 so I thought I'd go wild. :D Blow that dough! :LOL:

I bought some no-tie shoelaces for a total of $7.03 after promotional discounts.

I admit that the only reason I bought them, is that I am DYING of curiousity to see if they work, and how, and if they really keep my shoes on, and if (as claimed) they really turn any shoes into slip-ons.

If I like them, then maybe I'll get some for Frank.

OK, I didn't really need them at all so I'm not being frugal. But hey! The Dow is almost 26,000 so I thought I'd go wild. :D Blow that dough! :LOL:

I'm intrigued, let us know how they work out.

Ambient weather station and a springform pan to try cheesecake in our instant pot.

The huge set of the Rubbermaid food storage containers someone referenced above. Thanks for the tip! It is quite the deal for $19.00. Plus gel toe separators as I have a "listing" big toe.
I'm ridiculously excited to get the storage containers today! Small pleasures for those who like organization.

Last edited:
I'm intrigued, let us know how they work out.
I was so disappointed! The holes for the laces in my New Balance running shoes are very small, with no grommets (just punched). I couldn't get the elastic laces to go through them because the holes were not big enough.

So, I gave them to Frank who had expressed a strong interest in such laces. He is going to try to get them through the holes in his shoes, and has several tools in mind to try using in the process if he has trouble doing it.

From the reviews on Amazon, I gather that if you can get them installed, they are great. Many of the unhappy reviews are due to the same problem I had.

I must be the only person on earth that has never bought anything on Amazon, ever! About 20 years ago I once bought a dell computer not sure if it was online or over the telephone.

I was so disappointed! The holes for the laces in my New Balance running shoes are very small, with no grommets (just punched). I couldn't get the elastic laces to go through them because the holes were not big enough.

So, I gave them to Frank who had expressed a strong interest in such laces. He is going to try to get them through the holes in his shoes, and has several tools in mind to try using in the process if he has trouble doing it.

From the reviews on Amazon, I gather that if you can get them installed, they are great. Many of the unhappy reviews are due to the same problem I had.

Thank you for update.

Paint

A tube of touch-up paint for my car. I have a small scratch to fix. I was having trouble finding it anywhere else, including the dealership. Of course Amazon had it!:cool:

Picked this up the other day. It was a lightning deal for about $8 and it seems to work fine. Plugged it in and connected to it with my phone and can read info and codes and reset a CEL with it.

OBD2 Scanner Bluetooth Scan Tool Adapter, Car Code Reader for Android & Windows Devices, OBD Scanner Wirelessly Feeds Your Cars Data To Your Phone! Check Engine Light Eliminator for All Cars! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C6CZ0SQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_JWPyAbHBYR50C

Back
Top Bottom