What is your cup of tea?

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I’ve taken to brewing a pot of tea in the evening; Tetley British Blend - I like it strong. Is there something else out there that I might like? ( before you start -Yes I like Crown Royal but too many hollow calories..).

So any special teas that you like?

Twinings Irish breakfast tea is good and strong.

Earl Grey is my favorite.
+1 I use Ahmad's Earl Grey to make DW's iced tea. When we on a cruise, I brew a batch with the ship's Twining Earl Grey. We will bring our own pitcher because the one they gave us was too large for the little fridge in the cabin

Right now I'm brewing up some Harney's Paris tea, but it's flavored and probably not something you'd like given your preferred tea isn't flavored.

Lapsang Souchong - pinewood smoked black tea from China. It is my very favorite tea. According to Wikipedia "Lapsang souchong is noted for its rich aromas and flavours which include pine resin, woodsmoke, smoked paprika, hints of dried longan,and the evocation of peated whiskey." I agree.

wait till the brits wake up and school everyone....

(fortnum and mason or go home)

PG Tips. Until retirement it was my morning commuter drink. Now it's whenever I need a cuppa.

Mariage Freres French Breakfast tea - I brew it loose but you can also buy satchets. It's always my first, and best, cup of the day.

The rest of the day I drink Marks & Spencers Extra Strong Tea bags.

Right now I'm brewing up some Harney's Paris tea, but it's flavored and probably not something you'd like given your preferred tea isn't flavored.

I feel the same way about my recommendation - that it’s probably not in line with the OP’s preference of tea. However, I also like a tea from Harney’s. They have a hot cinnamon tea in both green and a black blend that I like a lot.

Red Rose Black
Bigelow Green
Uncle Lee White

Rooibos - red tea from South Africa. No caffeine, strong flavor, high antioxidants.

I used to drink black tea, no favored teas, then switched to rooibos when I wanted to drop caffeine.

DW drinks PG Tips

I like red rooibos tea...although it is not technically tea. The British had to drink this when their empire invaded Africa. IT is from the red bush plant, native to africa. It is high in antioxidants, red in color. I actually like it better than regular tea. It actually tastes a little like cigarette tobacco (not lit- like you stuck an unfiltered in your mouth!).

I recommend checking out Vahdam teas... Amazon has them- lots of exotic stuff

+1 Earl Grey. Sometimes for something lighter I like Jasmine.

For those who want tea but not the caffeine and do not want to pay the extra for decaffeinated tea bags, here is a way to decaffeinate your tea. Pour boiling water to just cover the teabag. Let it soak for a few minutes, then throw out that tea. Pour new boiling water for your cup or pot of tea. About 80 to 90% of the caffeine is released in the initial soaking. I do this in the summer for my iced tea since I enjoy iced tea in the afternoon.

My very favorite tea is Fortnum and Mason's Special Blend. I love most teas but am partial to black teas and this is my all time favorite. I bought my first tin of it over 30 years ago when I was in London for a college trip. Since then I found it at a little British shop near my home. When they stopped selling it, my brother-in-law would bring me some from his travels. Now you can get it at Williams-Sonoma.

This tea is potent but balanced. It's a top quality tea so it brews up strong if you prefer it that way. I absolutely love it!

We both love hot and iced tea.

I alternate between Bigelow's Vanilla Chai and a dark strong Pu-erh Tea from India. Supposedly it's medicinal, but I like the strong taste. If I have the Vanilla Chai, I heat & froth some Coconut creamer and dump that in so I get a mustache ;)

I also brew a cup of Benner's Green Tea each morning and let it cool so I can have it iced in the afternoon.

DH strictly drinks Twinning's Earl Grey.

I like to go to immigrant groceries and try something new each visit. Sadaf Special Blend Tea with Cardamom Flavor is one of my go-to bagged teas right now (Ceylon packed in Sri Lanka, imported thru L.A.). When I want something Starbucks-ish, I make a packet of unsweetened Quik Tea from India, which contains powdered tea, spices and milk. Tea is a fun hobby without too many negative side effects.

Attachments

• 20200224_094658.jpg
    20200224_094658.jpg
    624.7 KB · Views: 27
I like pretty much any herbal tea.
I create my own "health" tea by frequently adding raw honey, raw apple cider vinegar with the "mother", and sometimes an airborne tablet to green tea.

Back
Top Bottom